P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I would just like to say before my internet goes and I’m on my way back to ship , because I haven’t had time to read through all the thread , I hope everyone has kept well and safe during the time I’ve been away and you’ve all behaved yourselves 🤣 do hope things have been going well for you all and the weather hadn’t caused you many problems and those due to go away on holidays have a lovely sunny time , until then speak to you all later next week 🙋‍♀️

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just been looking at this amazing photos of the food and Iona. Thanks so much for posting -- we are now off to put on our evening meal ... something with frozen chips me thinks 😉

Seriously, thank you for taking the time to post. The clip of the cocktail with the sound of a piano in the background took us back to many a happy cruise. x

Home made curry in Lightwood tonight.  I paid a visit to the Asian supermarket this morning.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I would just like to say before my internet goes and I’m on my way back to ship , because I haven’t had time to read through all the thread , I hope everyone has kept well and safe during the time I’ve been away and you’ve all behaved yourselves 🤣 do hope things have been going well for you all and the weather hadn’t caused you many problems and those due to go away on holidays have a lovely sunny time , until then speak to you all later next week 🙋‍♀️

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Home made curry in Lightwood tonight.  I paid a visit to the Asian supermarket this morning.

Bacon, cheese, tomatoes and oatcakes for us its Saturday and tradition even though the wife is not a Stokie she loves proper oatcakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Bacon, cheese, tomatoes and oatcakes for us its Saturday and tradition even though the wife is not a Stokie she loves proper oatcakes.

Sounds good to me, though oatcakes are for Sunday breakfast for us.  OH goes down to the oatcake shop to get them fresh while I cook the breakfast.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sounds good to me, though oatcakes are for Sunday breakfast for us.  OH goes down to the oatcake shop to get them fresh while I cook the breakfast.

Could he make a slight detour to Lincolnshire and drop four off for our breakfast as well ? 

You are making me hungry,  and it's 8 hours to breakfast !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I don't know how good these are, compared with those you buy locally (which sound amazing) but they're the nearest we'll get, and they're very good.  I wish they were more widely available!

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/north-staffordshire-oatcakes-x6?productId=80674

Good morning hope everyone's doing ok:classic_smile: It's a bright 1.C here this morning .

Talking of brightening things up ,Mrs K said "our kitchen could do with a brighten up"

So  I have made a start by rearranging a few things ,I have started by turning our 

Microwave onto it's side and it looks a lot happier that way .... :classic_unsure:

FunnyTurnGw.jpg.e06eea0c6b5bf648ddcb1baa9ad956a5.jpg  

Have a good day and stay safe :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

26 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I don't know how good these are, compared with those you buy locally (which sound amazing) but they're the nearest we'll get, and they're very good.  I wish they were more widely available!

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/north-staffordshire-oatcakes-x6?productId=80674

Sorry Harry, but the mass produced ones are good but not as good as the genuine oatcake shop ones.  DH says that I am an oatcake snob because my grandma kept an oatcake shop and I constantly say that the ones that we get are not as good as hers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry Harry, but the mass produced ones are good but not as good as the genuine oatcake shop ones.  DH says that I am an oatcake snob because my grandma kept an oatcake shop and I constantly say that the ones that we get are not as good as hers.

I had a feeling that was the case, Josy - all we can get here, though, and even those are difficult to get. Stoke's one of the few places we've never been anywhere near, but our son lives near Ashbourne now, so maybe one day.....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I had a feeling that was the case, Josy - all we can get here, though, and even those are difficult to get. Stoke's one of the few places we've never been anywhere near, but our son lives near Ashbourne now, so maybe one day.....

Ashbourne is a lovely place, we occasionally go out there.  There are some really nice shops that I am sure your wife would like.  We were there a few weeks ago and I bought a dress that I am planning to take on our cruise next month.

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We did the same in Romford yesterday.Packets of spices and gram flour for homemade onion bhajis.All to take back to Italy.We already have  jars of Madras,Balti and Kerala paste over there.All part of our home comforts logistics,lol.Brian.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, brian1 said:

We did the same in Romford yesterday.Packets of spices and gram flour for homemade onion bhajis.All to take back to Italy.We already have  jars of Madras,Balti and Kerala paste over there.All part of our home comforts logistics,lol.Brian.

Has Peter the Pleater branched out into spices on Romford Market now... Or perhaps Ron Saint, he would sell anything... 😊

Andy 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Has Peter the Pleater branched out into spices on Romford Market now... Or perhaps Ron Saint, he would sell anything... 😊

Andy 

Blimey,blasts from the past.Debenhams is now a world foods store selling Asian and African produce.Brian.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Dull and breezy here but still warm, it will likely brighten up later. We are now into our final week and already thinking we don't want to come home. Enjoy the rest of the weekend peeps

looks like rain.jpg

I hope it clears up a bit before we arrive. Roughly 4 weeks, 3 days and 5 hours, but who's counting. That reminds me, must pay BA the balance next week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Blimey,blasts from the past.Debenhams is now a world foods store selling Asian and African produce.Brian.

Wow, Debenhams was huge... 

Peter the Pleater once paid £100k for a pitch back in the 80s, you could get it for a tenner now... 

Such a shame how the market has died... 

Andy 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I hope it clears up a bit before we arrive. Roughly 4 weeks, 3 days and 5 hours, but who's counting. That reminds me, must pay BA the balance next week.

What, no minutes or seconds counted zap? You're not too bothered then I guess🤔

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Wow, Debenhams was huge... 

Peter the Pleater once paid £100k for a pitch back in the 80s, you could get it for a tenner now... 

Such a shame how the market has died... 

Andy 

It's a pity how all markets are dying Andy, or going into purpose built buildings. The entire market atmosphere has totally disappeared. 

Avril

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

It's a pity how all markets are dying Andy, or going into purpose built buildings. The entire market atmosphere has totally disappeared. 

Avril

I think that one big reason for the markets dying is that the large supermarkets are stocking almost everything and are cheaper.  I still like to buy fruit and veg from the stall in the market where my mum used to buy her's.  The stall is now run by the sons of the original stallholders and I went to school with one of the sons from nursery at 3 until I went to an all girls grammar school at 11 so I feel that am supporting people that I have known for most of my life.  I will often buy bits and bobs from the other stalls while I am there.

• Like 6