P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 3/6/2022 at 1:42 PM, DamianG said:

It’s been a busy few weeks since I caught up on here, in particular we’ve been spending our Saturday mornings stood in a farmer’s field in all weathers having puppy training (which of course is more about training us as owners than Teddy himself). 
Anyway it’s been worth it as we can now confidently let him off the lead in the park without worrying that we won’t get him back. 

Michelle says that my recall has improved too.
Next big step is to get him used to being looked after by someone else as we have our first cruise since 2019 coming up at the start of April.

Best regards to all.

Damian

IMG_1856.jpg

Great to hear from you Damian.

Lovely dog.

Graham 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all.last photos of our trip.Driving across snow capped Sila Grande in Calabria and our first glimpse of the Med.If not great photos,they were all taken at 75 mph.809136652_IMG_20220307_140140629224.thumb.jpg.ee42846640117c891ed5286046ddaae4.jpg28699280_IMG_20220307_111615629223.thumb.jpg.953077cb084722b349102fb8313de6ae.jpg472766462_IMG_20220307_122545362220.thumb.jpg.42bfe9593b8e0fb793592e6a53e41d4d.jpg

Not easy taking photos and steering at the same time !

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 3/6/2022 at 12:42 PM, DamianG said:

Saturday mornings stood in a farmer’s field in all weathers having puppy training (which of course is more about training us as owners than Teddy himself). 

Not all owners get it right first time :classic_wink:

May be an image of text that says "uH6ИιeK CITCOINCE If your DOG does a POO Please put it in a litter bin. Please help keep our open spaces clean."

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

Great photos, Brian.  I would love to know a bit more about your home, village/town, lifestyle in Italy (obviously without any identifying details).  Are there other Brits, living or having holiday homes there?

Maybe you have already posted here about this; if so I apologise for coming a bit late to the table, and please ignore me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Great photos, Brian.  I would love to know a bit more about your home, village/town, lifestyle in Italy (obviously without any identifying details).  Are there other Brits, living or having holiday homes there?

Maybe you have already posted here about this; if so I apologise for coming a bit late to the table, and please ignore me!

Me too, I'd love a bit more information about your life out there - only as much as you would be comfortable sharing obviously 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all.last photos of our trip.Driving across snow capped Sila Grande in Calabria and our first glimpse of the Med.If not great photos,they were all taken at 75 mph.809136652_IMG_20220307_140140629224.thumb.jpg.ee42846640117c891ed5286046ddaae4.jpg28699280_IMG_20220307_111615629223.thumb.jpg.953077cb084722b349102fb8313de6ae.jpg472766462_IMG_20220307_122545362220.thumb.jpg.42bfe9593b8e0fb793592e6a53e41d4d.jpg

Thanks Brian. I always stop and have a look at the Armco. That's quite a complex installation.🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Does anyone know if there is karaoke on iona. My 6 year old is asking. 

Not sure if they have it in the kids clubs but they had it in the limelight club at 10.30 at night so might be a bit late for her , we only went once and saw no children in then , 

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

No worries but if I told you either me or the mafia would have to kill you.Only joking.I'll sit down tomorrow and formulate my story,cheers,Brian.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dull weather here, still with the nagging wind.

Sad day for me as I’ve made an appointment for one of our cats to be pts tomorrow.  He’s almost 16 and has had a tumour growing inside his face for the last eighteen months.  He’s been well but now has sight problems and has deteriorated rapidly over the past few days.  So, cuddles tonight and tears tomorrow, then no more distress for him 😢 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Sad day for me as I’ve made an appointment for one of our cats to be pts tomorrow.  He’s almost 16 and has had a tumour growing inside his face for the last eighteen months.  He’s been well but now has sight problems and has deteriorated rapidly over the past few days.  So, cuddles tonight and tears tomorrow, then no more distress for him 😢 

It’s always sad to lose a treasured pet, they are part of the family. At least we can do what is best for them though. It’s a hard decision for us but the right decision for them.

I sometimes wish we could treat humans as kindly. 

Have a good cry but know you did the right thing.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Sorry to read your sad news .

The cat is going to a place and will wait for you 

33572c7c16d5bcb8f73f023586c47c91.jpg.c0377c0442b2d4bec09e4575d850511c.jpg:classic_love:

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I'm so sorry Eddie, but I know you won't want him to suffer. You've given each other 16 years of  love and that will be a comfort. A lot of fuss a cuddles tonight, knowing that you are doing the kindest thing you can for him. x

Avril

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

My heart breaks for you as he has been by your side for a long time.
It is the last and most important act of kindness you can do for him.

Gill x

• Like 9

Eddie, I am so sorry to hear your very sad news. I am a big cat lover, have had them most of my life. These days I always have a rescue cat. My daughter is a vet nurse and they always have cats that need homing. Three years ago we got Cassie (formerly known as Edith) after we had lost Tilly to mouth cancer. She had been taken into the vets to be put down after her owner had died and the family didn’t want her. They never put a healthy cat down so I got the call from Jen. While we were on Britannia in December my friend who fed her when we were away found her dead on the rug in the conservatory. She had a heart attack. We were all devastated she was such a lovely cat. I told Jen I would need time before I could have another one. However I got a call mid January to say a cat had been brought in with a broken pelvis having been hit by a moped. Her owners were traced via the chip but they abandoned her. She has been with us for 4 weeks now, living in a cage until last week. We absolutely love her so no regrets. I will be thinking about you tomorrow and send you lots of love. Just remember you gave her a lovely life and lots of love.

E2DD088C-D034-4983-836A-06A33C21B285.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Sending kind thoughts your way.  The same thing happened to one of my two litter-sister cats - tumour inside the face not the sight loss though, but some dementia and deafness too - she was 20 years old and had always been bad-tempered.  And I adored her.  Unlike you, I didn't know until the very day when the vet said in a kindly voice 'I think it's time ......'   The other sweet-natured sister lasted a further 6 months.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Sorry to hear this news, I know like many others here how hard it is to make this decision. I am sure you are doing what is best for your cat and ending his distress.

Michelle

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

sorry to hear this. We had to do this with our dog nearly 18 months ago and it still kills me thinking about it now. 
pets become closer to us than a lot of people It’s horrible to have to let them go even when we know we are doing it to be kinder. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

sorry to hear this. We had to do this with our dog nearly 18 months ago and it still kills me thinking about it now. 
pets become closer to us than a lot of people It’s horrible to have to let them go even when we know we are doing it to be kinder. 

As you say, we do it to be kinder to our animals. How very sad it is, though, that if we try to do the same thing for our own loved ones, or they for us, it involves more than £10,000, a huge amount of pre-planning, a trip to Switzerland via Dignitas, and quite possibly a prosecution.

There’s another attempt to change the law, passed by the House of Lords, but which will probably be rejected by the House of Commons because the personal interests and views of MPs will doubtless, as usual, override the views of their constituents.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Sorry to hear this so sad, hard decision to make but I’m sure it is the right one we hate to see our animals in distress.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh that is so sad --- we had the same situation New Years Eve and we were heart broken. Still get choked up now when remembering our fur baby.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Take care x

• Like 2