P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I have thought Estepona looks nice for exactly the same reason as you, so please do report back. Long haul flights are less appealing these days, but so are short-haul if they are from Manchester!  I wish you an easy journey and a good holiday Michelle.

Thank you. We are flying from Manchester, absolutely dreading it having seen the queues. We have booked Special Assistance so hopefully it won’t be too bad

Michelle

• Like 6

Michelle I hope when you go on your holiday you have a lovely sunny time you deserve it after looking after all those grandchildren, and I certainly hope you don’t experience those ques in the airport we have seen on tv lately, hopefully they would of sorted it out by now , do you get to experience what we call the peppa pig bus from the assisted area to the plane, we have a few times now with the in-laws and I’ve actually booked it for my self now due to my knee needing surgery I can’t walk very far , it certainly helps getting the bus because Gatwick airport you can walk what feels like days to get to your gate 😂 anyway have a lovely holiday.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Michelle I hope when you go on your holiday you have a lovely sunny time you deserve it after looking after all those grandchildren, and I certainly hope you don’t experience those ques in the airport we have seen on tv lately, hopefully they would of sorted it out by now , do you get to experience what we call the peppa pig bus from the assisted area to the plane, we have a few times now with the in-laws and I’ve actually booked it for my self now due to my knee needing surgery I can’t walk very far , it certainly helps getting the bus because Gatwick airport you can walk what feels like days to get to your gate 😂 anyway have a lovely holiday.

Thank you, hopefully we will have a great time. We have been on a Peppa Pig bus at Gatwick a few years ago. I usually take my mobility scooter to the airbridge of the plane. If no air bridge they put me on the ambulift on my scooter and then I can manage a few steps to my seat on the plane. I have already been allocated my seat.

Michelle

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I will have to try work out how to post photos first!!!  Can anyone help? 
Michelle

well I can only help with phone or iPad - click the ‘choose files’ on a post and then it comes up ‘photo library’ click that and it should show the photos on your phone or iPad. Hope that helps. We can wait til you get back 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you, hopefully we will have a great time. We have been on a Peppa Pig bus at Gatwick a few years ago. I usually take my mobility scooter to the airbridge of the plane. If no air bridge they put me on the ambulift on my scooter and then I can manage a few steps to my seat on the plane. I have already been allocated my seat.

Michelle

By Peppa Pig busses do you mean the little buggy type vehicles? If so we refer to them as Pope Mobiles (no offence to anyone). The worst airport we have been to was Copenhagen. There were makings on the floor telling you how much further the walk to your gate was in minutes ours was over 30 😲. On one occasion travelling with my mother the ambulift we were in broke down!

MIchelle, I am sure you will have a lovely holiday and hope you enjoy a well earned rest. I will have a  catch up when I get back.

A day of sunny spells, with a bit of a breezy. My daughter has just announced she is meeting some friends at the beach and going for a swim🥶.

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

MIchelle, I am sure you will have a lovely holiday and hope you enjoy a well earned rest. I will have a  catch up when I get back.

A day of sunny spells, with a bit of a breezy. My daughter has just announced she is meeting some friends at the beach and going for a swim🥶.

Going for a swim?!?!?! It has to be very warm sea to get me in it. Never in the UK!!

Michelle

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

My travel agent has told me they are no longer needed? 
Michelle

We needed to do it in February when we flew into Malaga and  were asked at JET2 check in if we had it.

I believe as long as you are fully vaccinated now it is okay which is great news.

We downloaded the SPTH app on our phones and completed the PLF 2 days before our flight to Spain and got a QR code.

The form only took a couple of minutes to fill in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We needed to do it in February when we flew into Malaga and  were asked at JET2 check in if we had it.

I believe as long as you are fully vaccinated now it is okay which is great news.

We downloaded the SPTH app on our phones and completed the PLF 2 days before our flight to Spain and got a QR code.

The form only took a couple of minutes to fill in.

The need for a Spanish PLF was withdrawn in February,  so you were probably one of the last ones that needed it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The need for a Spanish PLF was withdrawn in February,  so you were probably one of the last ones that needed it.

At least it’s one less thing to do. I so wish everything was back to “normal “

Whatever “normal” is now - the “new normal” will have to do for the foreseeable future I expect

Michelle

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Think since Covid we have fallen in love with the UK ... especially Wales ... more and don't take it for granted any more.  Just loving North Wales. Stunning area

You are so right

We don’t know North Wales very well but it obviously merits exploration 

There is so much on our doorsteps, and when the weather plays nicely it feels unnecessary to go through so many hoops to go elsewhere.

8B679958-BE54-4A53-AE7E-B946B2086487.thumb.jpeg.425ff8d26a5b689b98ac4931deb75435.jpeg

70AF6205-B810-4E4E-B0AC-F667A66D75E7.thumb.jpeg.9d90b2a16d5affb13160a67f6b5ff7ff.jpeg

Edit.

Avril - hope you are feeling much better

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 4

Well all is well with everyone, been MIA for a long while. Changing jobs (and career), Covid finally got us after 2 years, thank goodness for those vaccinations is all I can say as neither suffered too badly. 

Sailed on Virgin Voyages latest ship, Valiant Lady but we are currently on Iona. All I can say this is a step up from our only other experience on Azura (still can’t get crispy bacon though, just fatty back bacon, hardly seen a grill). 

However, the cabins, balconies, dining and bar options are great. The new ‘queuing’ system when choosing a dining venue works well. Never had more than a 15 minute wait for one of the 4 MDRs (that was Celebration night). Usually no more than a 5 minute wait (obviously depends on the time you wish to eat, we’re 8pm ish diners). 

Not had to contact reception at all which is my yardstick on any cruise line or ship. 

We will consider this ship or Arvia in the future. 

This was a 7 night Norwegian fjords sailing and we are just about to leave our final port stop of Haugesund, heading back to Southampton, arriving Saturday. 

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Well all is well with everyone, been MIA for a long while. Changing jobs (and career), Covid finally got us after 2 years, thank goodness for those vaccinations is all I can say as neither suffered too badly. 

Sailed on Virgin Voyages latest ship, Valiant Lady but we are currently on Iona. All I can say this is a step up from our only other experience on Azura (still can’t get crispy bacon though, just fatty back bacon, hardly seen a grill). 

However, the cabins, balconies, dining and bar options are great. The new ‘queuing’ system when choosing a dining venue works well. Never had more than a 15 minute wait for one of the 4 MDRs (that was Celebration night). Usually no more than a 5 minute wait (obviously depends on the time you wish to eat, we’re 8pm ish diners). 

Not had to contact reception at all which is my yardstick on any cruise line or ship. 

We will consider this ship or Arvia in the future. 

This was a 7 night Norwegian fjords sailing and we are just about to leave our final port stop of Haugesund, heading back to Southampton, arriving Saturday. 

Welcome back - we've missed you !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

My travel agent has told me they are no longer needed? 
Michelle

Michelle.  Please, please check that. We flew to Spain on 30 March and they were checked in Lanzarote. I haven't seen anything official to say they are no longer required. On the Spanish government website the ' please click here ' button still shows for the Health declaration form. It only takes a minute to complete.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Michelle.  Please, please check that. We flew to Spain on 30 March and they were checked in Lanzarote. I haven't seen anything official to say they are no longer required. On the Spanish government website the ' please click here ' button still shows for the Health declaration form. It only takes a minute to complete.

I will ring them tomorrow Zap99 to double check. TUI website says they are no longer needed. Think it came in mid April

Michelle

• Like 1