P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Glorious day here.  We went to the seaside and lunched out.  Posh fish & chips zap?  It’s got caviar and all!

08534D05-55D7-4761-8388-139FB61BC266.thumb.jpeg.406b28ecae672c99b4aacde0913e5f5c.jpeg

58C743B6-6685-4A2D-9E24-30315F4D8F4A.thumb.jpeg.892af83387a89bd075b171a704d22467.jpeg

33298601-D0BB-4A39-8412-8EC19EA743B8.thumb.jpeg.57d0c8b69f8dee30b985fde2a2a74de4.jpeg

2D418641-55A9-403C-9267-9609C24380DF.thumb.jpeg.663d82d0da9e65cc6c44f395c782b2c6.jpeg

Possibly the best chips known to man!

iPhone says we’ve walked  nearly 12km/7+ miles, so probably time for feet to up and enjoy the afternoon sun

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

New boiler installed and working, immediately noticed how quiet it is compared to old one.

The engineer at our last service said we should look at replacing as parts for old boiler were get more difficult to obtain and better to plan a replacement rather than have to replace possibly in the depths of winter.

Something in that. Parts are still OK for our 16 year old Worcester Bosch, because it’s not long since they stopped making them and it’s a common boiler. We also had a new heat exchanger a couple of years back, along with a new fan and the WB engineer reckons it’s good for another 5 years. Always a gamble, though, and an installation in the middle of winter wouldn’t be much fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

New boiler installed and working, immediately noticed how quiet it is compared to old one.

The engineer at our last service said we should look at replacing as parts for old boiler were get more difficult to obtain and better to plan a replacement rather than have to replace possibly in the depths of winter.

Can I ask what make you purchased?

8 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

A busy day today for us, currently driving over to Bradford, going to see The Lion King this afternoon at the Alhambra Theatre. Out for a curry afterwards with friends then meeting old work friends for a drink before driving home again.

A friend went to see it there a few weeks ago and said it was amazing. What did you think of it Michelle?

I’ve seen Festival of the Lion King at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and that was brilliant, although I imagine it was just a taster of the full show.

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Something in that. Parts are still OK for our 16 year old Worcester Bosch, because it’s not long since they stopped making them and it’s a common boiler. We also had a new heat exchanger a couple of years back, along with a new fan and the WB engineer reckons it’s good for another 5 years. Always a gamble, though, and an installation in the middle of winter wouldn’t be much fun.

Ours was a Glowworm, the last part required took over a week to come, heating & hot water was a bit his and miss whilst we were waiting, switching it off and back on again tended to solve it for a while. Also wasn’t as efficient as a new boiler, s hopefully we will see a reduction in gas bill as well.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Ours was a Glowworm, the last part required took over a week to come, heating & hot water was a bit his and miss whilst we were waiting, switching it off and back on again tended to solve it for a while. Also wasn’t as efficient as a new boiler, s hopefully we will see a reduction in gas bill as well.

7 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 

It’s another WB Greenstar we’ll be going for. The only question is when and which installer, given that prices vary so much for the same boiler. Did the Glowworm serve you well?

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

It’s another WB Greenstar we’ll be going for. The only question is when and which installer, given that prices vary so much for the same boiler. Did the Glowworm serve you well?

We had problems with over the last 5 years, a couple of flow switches, program card and another expensive part can’t remember name of, that was the one we waited for a week for, fortunately all covered under service contracted. It’s was showing its age was quite noisy when on and struggled to heat the water if we used it for a bath. 

• Like 1

School is now officially 'out for half term'. Time to relax and enjoy our little piece of heaven in North Wales. Should have been going on IONA, but we moved the cruise to next May on Britannia and looking out at the sea here tonight we really don't regret it. This feels much more relaxed -- even the sun has come out and so far it is very quiet. Am sure it will get busier though, but for now we are enjoying the sound of silence ... and waves ... and the A55 🙂

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

School is now officially 'out for half term'. Time to relax and enjoy our little piece of heaven in North Wales. Should have been going on IONA, but we moved the cruise to next May on Britannia and looking out at the sea here tonight we really don't regret it. This feels much more relaxed -- even the sun has come out and so far it is very quiet. Am sure it will get busier though, but for now we are enjoying the sound of silence ... and waves ... and the A55 🙂

Hopefully we will be creating a little more noise on the A55 tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Enjoy the show and the curry and drinks.  I love meeting up with old friends and finding out how everyone is.

Thanks Josy. 
Sounds like you will have a busy time bowling next week

Michelle

12 hours ago, purplesea said:

A nice sunny day for us down here. Makes a pleasant change after all the dull, overcast or misty days we've had recently and hardly a breeze either😄 

Enjoy your the show and your meal tonight Michelle. It is nice to meet up and catch up with friends, especially if you haven't seen them in a while.

Hope you don't get too much grief, Josy. 🤞

My daughter called in yesterday as was saying that her van had been broken into the night before and everything was strewn across the van. The only thing that they took was a tube of moisturiser🤨 We wondered if they were thinking that there were tools in there as her partner's truck was parked nest to it. It wasn't an isolated case either as a large area at the other end of the town have reported similar break ins! Hope they don't come this way!!

Plan to call in and see Mum this morning and get some baking done, but if the weather stays nice will probably just take my book out into the garden and make the most of the sunshine.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you have planned.

There are some awful people around who just seem intent on making everyone else’s life difficult and all for something that costs next to nothing. Unbelievable people around

Michelle

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Thanks.

We had a Worcester bosch greenstar installed at our old house in 2017, and it reduced our gas usage by 30+% against our previous 35 yr old glow worm, and never gave any trouble.  We inherited a Vaillant eco tec plus 831 when we moved, and after an initial hiccup, which was possibly due to it being switched off for nearly 12 months, it has worked perfectly for the last year. 

In fact it is exactly 12 months to the date since we moved in here.

4 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

A friend went to see it there a few weeks ago and said it was amazing. What did you think of it Michelle?

I’ve seen Festival of the Lion King at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and that was brilliant, although I imagine it was just a taster of the full show.

The Lion King was amazing, the costumes were just fantastic. It was all just brilliant!!!

Michelle

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

The Lion King was amazing, the costumes were just fantastic. It was all just brilliant!!!

Michelle

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the show, Michelle.

Another sunny day down here this morning, so will make the most of it as rain is in the forecast for tomorrow.

Off in a little while to collect my shopping. One subsitution - ordered 6 bottles of Rioja, getting 5 of the one I ordered and 1 subsitution costing £3 more than the others! Pity they didn't subsitute a few more, because after discounts I am only paying less than half price for a £8 bottle of wine😀

Enjoy your weekend, whatever your plans are.

18 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Glorious day here.  We went to the seaside and lunched out.  Posh fish & chips zap?  It’s got caviar and all!

08534D05-55D7-4761-8388-139FB61BC266.thumb.jpeg.406b28ecae672c99b4aacde0913e5f5c.jpeg

58C743B6-6685-4A2D-9E24-30315F4D8F4A.thumb.jpeg.892af83387a89bd075b171a704d22467.jpeg

33298601-D0BB-4A39-8412-8EC19EA743B8.thumb.jpeg.57d0c8b69f8dee30b985fde2a2a74de4.jpeg

2D418641-55A9-403C-9267-9609C24380DF.thumb.jpeg.663d82d0da9e65cc6c44f395c782b2c6.jpeg

Possibly the best chips known to man!

iPhone says we’ve walked  nearly 12km/7+ miles, so probably time for feet to up and enjoy the afternoon sun

Looks good. We are off to St Ives next week and will probably have some fish and chips and eat them sitting on the wall by the harbour. We go down to that Cornwall most years. We have made friends with a seagull. He always sits with us when we are eating. Very friendly.🤣

IMG_20200905_123655_2.jpg

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Looks good. We are off to St Ives next week and will probably have some fish and chips and eat them sitting on the wall by the harbour. We go down to that Cornwall most years. We have made friends with a seagull. He always sits with us when we are eating. Very friendly.🤣

Looks familiar,that's not Purplesea,s seagull is it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Interesting morning.On the way to the restaurant last night we saw an animal at the bottom of an empty swimming pool,obviously it had fell in and couldn't get out.Went back to check this morning and it turned out to be a hedgehog and it looked dead,but it moved when I touched it.Wrapped it in a sheet and left it in the shade by a bush with a bowl of water and cat food.Came back after breakfast and it was gone as well as half the food and water.Hopefully it's ok now.Animal rescue situations seem to be attracted to us.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Enjoy your week in St. Ives Zapp, we are in Perranporth the week after, hope the weather stays nice 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well Port Vale won promotion today at Wembley 3-0 and we have had a perfect day in beautiful North Wales. Been to Gwych Castle and Angel Bay Llandudno .... 

We should have been sailing off on IONA and postponed and to be honest we would not have swapped today for any cruise .....20220528_144124.thumb.jpg.8c79f50179afe9541eac2eea29f74c33.jpg20220528_135901.thumb.jpg.1b4b1dbf5b6f15288f51423ff6f3d456.jpg

20220528_125401.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

A trip to the garden centre then an hour at the beach looking out to sea then in our garden.

Just a regular day for us.

Regular at the garden centre .What are you feeding your plants with ? Weedol  :classic_wink:  

You're so lucky having a fantastic coastline at your disposal sat with your own thoughts , 

such as sea levels :classic_smile:

Did you know that the whole of Ireland is at risk from rising sea levels.:classic_ohmy:

Apart from Cork, which should  stay afloat.:classic_unsure:

Take care :classic_smile: :classic_love:

Also ....:classic_love::classic_smile::classic_smile:

@indiana123    animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.6c21521555d19a659a099763098857c0.gif
Edited by kalos
  • Haha 11

Had a lovely surprise today.

This year I have what feels like a horrible birthday, you  know one of those with an 0.     I have reluctantly agreed to share a birthday bash with my daughter who will be 50, but that will be between our two birthdays.   I love a good party, but this birthday is just looming there, but I know I will enjoy it when it comes.  I think my loss of full mobility has had  a bit of an effect,

Anyway gorgeous OH (I'll call him that just for today after what he has done!!!😂) has booked Queen Victoria with a Club Balcony and we will be away for my actual birthday  I love the Club Balconies, and being able to eat at leisure.. 

Things don't seem so bad now! and of course it is only another day...

• Like 17