P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

33 minutes ago, lincslady said:

That dress  is certainly very similar!

I was being serious about climbing Welsh mountains - surely some of you have done this - maybe not for a few years?  I would like to hear about it, even if perhaps no one else would.

My hubby was in the climbing club at Cardiff University so climbed a lot of Welsh mountains whilst there. He then met me ( I enjoy walking but nothing too strenuous) and the only thing he has climbed since is the climbing wall on Indepence of the seas!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I was being serious about climbing Welsh mountains - surely some of you have done this - maybe not for a few years?  I would like to hear about it, even if perhaps no one else would.

We lived in Anglesey in the 1970s when I worked at a Power station on the Island.

We had a view over Snowdonia from our home and spent many happy hours in the mountains including walking (not climbing) up Snowdon.

Been back many times since  including this June, can now only manage gentle walks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Graham, these coincidences are getting spooky now….. I think Pauline and I had the same wedding dress ! 

47A2B579-535F-4D03-82A5-28437CDBB268.jpeg

Lovely photo.

Pauline said your dress looked very similar to hers.

Pauline got her dress from Pronuptia.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DamianG said:

Two weeks leave for me and we should have been on Ventura sailing to the Canaries but as at the final settlement date we hadn't found anyone to look after Teddy so we had to cancel. Typically, one week later we got two separate offers to have him.

Never mind though, at least he was home for his 1st birthday yesterday. We are also taking the opportunity for a long overdue visit to Michelle's sister in Brithdir and I'm looking forward to some relaxing downtime with plenty of dog walks somewhere new.

For anyone who doesn't know Brithdir (like me) the Wikipedia entry is, errrrr, interesting?

Brithdir, Gwynedd - Wikipedia

Blink and you’ll miss Brithdir! 

12 hours ago, DamianG said:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

I climbed to the top of Cader Idris aged 19 and had terrible cramp on the way down. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DamianG said:

Two weeks leave for me and we should have been on Ventura sailing to the Canaries but as at the final settlement date we hadn't found anyone to look after Teddy so we had to cancel. Typically, one week later we got two separate offers to have him.

Never mind though, at least he was home for his 1st birthday yesterday. We are also taking the opportunity for a long overdue visit to Michelle's sister in Brithdir and I'm looking forward to some relaxing downtime with plenty of dog walks somewhere new.

For anyone who doesn't know Brithdir (like me) the Wikipedia entry is, errrrr, interesting?

Brithdir, Gwynedd - Wikipedia

IMG_2380.jpg

Nice to hear from you Damian and your well , but sorry to hear you had to cancel your cruise, but on the plus side Michelle will get to spend some time with her sister and you some relaxing dog walking in what looks like a beautiful place, Teddy is looking very grown up and handsome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We had rain again last night, best of both worlds when it rains at night and is nice through the day.

Urgent.........send...rain.... immediately.....any time of day...

Signed, your friend in the East of England desert.................

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Is Hertfordshire in the East of England ?

Discuss !

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Administratively it certainly appears to be but I agree with your questioning.

So where do you want this rain delivering to then ? 😉

• Haha 1

Happy belated Anniversary to @grapau27 & Pauline and @Dermotsgirl& her hubby.

Eldest daughter and I went to Ashford Outlet shopping centre yesterday, I was very restrained, I didn't buy a handbag but did manage to get myself some Skechers trainers for our trip to Disneyland Paris next month and a couple of fold up Radley shoppers (they don't count as handbags)

It's 19 days until we go to Disney but this cruising lark has spoiled me and I'm feeling more excited about our 2nd cruise next August (347 days away) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22c mostly cloudy and humid but bright. Had useful steady rain yesterday afternoon and early evening for about 6 hours.

We had a new roller garage door fitted yesterday, we've brought forward quite a few planned future house improvements the last few months to try and buy at this year's prices rather than next!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Tesco 25% discount wine offer starts again today.  Guess where I'm off to ? 

Typical, my 15% discount finished yesterday ,oh well, I suppose 10% is better than nothing!

Was chatting to my friend yesterday and it turns out we have both booked the same cruise next May.

Weather here is sunny and a pleasant 19C, although we did have rain overnight. Like Phil said "the best of both worlds".

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Is Hertfordshire in the East of England ?

Discuss !

We were chatting to some aging hippies who went to the Isle of Wight festival in the 60's and never left. They referred to the mainland as... North Island.🤣. To us, Hertfordshire is the start of ..... Oop North.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We were chatting to some aging hippies who went to the Isle of Wight festival in the 60's and never left. They referred to the mainland as... North Island.🤣. To us, Hertfordshire is the start of ..... Oop North.

I was brought up in Southampton and at school my friend was called a Northerner and he had moved down from.........London !!

• Haha 1