P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been awake since 5:10 courtesy of the amorous foxes in the back garden.  The good thing sbout being up so early is that the washing, ironing and cleaning are all done, the veg are prepared for tonight's  dinner the bread will be ready to come out of the machine in 40 minutes and the soup maker is ready to be switched on for lunch.

I can now relax and watch the build-up and the then the funeral.

Josy your brilliant and very energetic but I think first thing in the morning is the best time to get things done and prepared for the rest of the day , so enjoy the rest of the day and put your feet up now.

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I realise that but mine is only a fairly inexpensive Galaxy A20e which is now 4 years old, so would expect most current models do have a wi fi calling facility.

On my Samsung you go into the phone app (where keypad is to make a call!). Select the three dots in top right hand corner and select settings.  On that screen there should be the option to turn on and off WiFi calling.

A34D4FFA-2D06-492C-BBC4-0896D9D66DBB.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I realise that but mine is only a fairly inexpensive Galaxy A20e which is now 4 years old, so would expect most current models do have a wi fi calling facility.

Also depends on:

- Phones Firmware

- Version of Operating System

- whether provided by network provided

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you have a smart phone check the pull down settings feature, you should find the Wi-Fi calling icon on page 2, you just need to activate it and you might need to twin it to your Wi-Fi router, although I believe mine did it automatically.

Wi-fi calling is great when you are staying in a hotel where there is no regular phone signal.

• Like 1

A wonderful send off for Her Majesty, truly spectacular, speechless to be honest. Slightly marred 2 minutes silence with the skybus coming into land & a neighbour massively disrespectfully starting an orbital sander! What? Even my DS was furious & he’s not normally a Royalist. Watching the arrival to Windsor now. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are watching the Queen's funeral.

What a spectacle,the country has done the Queen proud.

I think that most of the country is watching. It is indeed a marvellous spectacle that has done the Queen proud.  I think that it must have been hard for the close family to have to go though the last 11 days with the world looking on.

She will soon be at Windsor to join her beloved Philip.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I think that most of the country is watching. It is indeed a marvellous spectacle that has done the Queen proud.  I think that it must have been hard for the close family to have to go though the last 11 days with the world looking on.

She will soon be at Windsor to join her beloved Philip.

1A44A99A-5840-4E33-8155-4ED19F0CD587.gif.401f633a2acf4ed0adcd2042ecb746d8.gif

• Like 10

I have watched the entire funeral from 9.30am and I can honestly say that I have never seen, nor will I ever see again, such an amazing and incredible ceremony. The honour and outpouring of love and respect for our late Queen was astounding, from the lying in state to her internment at Windsor. Both ceremonies were beautiful, but what touched me most, and what I will always remember, was the haunting sound of the lone piper slowly walking away. I couldn't stop crying, and now I'm at it again.

Avril

• Like 22

We only intended to watch the Westminster bit, but as it has rained most of the day here finished up watching the whole broadcast.The BBC Events team put on an outstanding piece of broadcasting just set at the right tone, the stunning spectacle of of the event came across as history in the making.

A few of this afternoon’s studio guests I could have done without, but they gave use the moments to make a cuppa etc, so didn’t miss anything important.

As for the music, I don’t know what it is, but the sound of the bagpipes gives an event like this an added poignancy.

Next big event the King’s Coronation, probably early summer 2023 I would think. 

• Like 8

I spent most of the day watching the funeral other than 7 minute drive to my sister's  house.  My niece texted me to say that she and her husband and son were at my sister's so I went to take her son's birthday present ready for Wednesday to save myself a 25 mile round trip on Wednesday.  I watched the rest of the funeral coverage at my sister's house.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

As for the music, I don’t know what it is, but the sound of the bagpipes gives an event like this an added poignancy.

They said it was The Lone Piper's Lament. I don't know if that's the correct title though. 

Avril

49 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Next big event the King’s Coronation, probably early summer 2023 I would think. 

The Queen's coronation was more than  a year after her father's death so if the King’s Coronation takes as long to organise we could be looking at September/ October next year at the earliest.  I have just told OH that I would like to go down to London for the Coronation if possible.

The end of an era today. Very very sad but it was an amazing and moving spectacle. Am not a royalist but felt very proud to be British today.

Thoughts are with the close family who must be emotionally and physically drained. 

• Like 5