P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Had to go and pick up the remainder of my prescription today, as the pharmacy was unable to fulfil the full prescription last week, not the first time this has happened. Also noticed new suppliers of drugs not my usual manufacturer. 

A few weeks back my local Boots were out of stock of their own brand of anti histamines for 10 days. 

Most pharmacies operate a just in time stocking procedure, I assume that is to avoid paying for high inventory. As a consequence any minor hiccup in the supply chain does lead to temporary shortages. However our chemist says that he never has to wait more than 24 hrs , at the worst, for new stock to be delivered. The media of course dont want to hear about the majority of cases, but they do love to find someone who has not been able to get a prescription filled before running out.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2023 at 10:51 PM, kalos said:

This wot a turnip looked like after we as kids had done with them 😍

Bet a lot of you used to make them 🙂

turnip.jpg.14a12bbd82de3b6cdae54c51a65ac34e.jpg

We used to hollow out the middle with a brace and bit so we could put a small torch in the middle to show off the carvings.

Originally it was candles which gave a lovely smell of roasting turnip but a local child got badly burned so everyone got mini torches instead.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I am reliably informed by DW that tomorrow is 2.3.23. Thats something to look forward to.🤣

I'm looking forward to 11:23 tomorrow night, using the 24 hour clock.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Most pharmacies operate a just in time stocking procedure, I assume that is to avoid paying for high inventory. As a consequence any minor hiccup in the supply chain does lead to temporary shortages. However our chemist says that he never has to wait more than 24 hrs , at the worst, for new stock to be delivered. The media of course dont want to hear about the majority of cases, but they do love to find someone who has not been able to get a prescription filled before running out.

Not 24 hours in my case, 7 days to get the additional tablets, not the first time it has happened either.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Same here John I have a monthly delivery of my tablets and pleased to say they are on the ball with things like this . A couple of weeks ago I got my months delivery and then last week the chemists driver turned up with another batch of tablets .

I phoned the chemist thinking it was a mistake but she explained it was no mistake and they were making sure that I have enough and giving themselves room to adjust should there be a blip in their supply chain .

A brilliant service that the media would gladly overlook .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

Busy day today. Museum as usual this morning and then met some friends who were en-route from Devon to Lincolnshire. We went to a local Turkish Restaurant for a lovely lunch and then coffee in a nice coffee shop. Mixture of sun, cloud and showers here.

Edited by Britboys
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sea is rough today.

16776846293058450500801537071510.jpg.09eba138abe0f1205eeab61177a1c761.jpg

Your lunch looks sumptuous Graham! I hope you both enjoyed it very much. As for that sea, well I can remember many seas like that when we used to visit our family in Whitley Bay, Roker Seafront, and Marsden Rock. Very cold and a bracing wind that knocked your hats off!

I hope you, Pauline, and Sarah are all well.

Best wishes as always.

Jane xxx

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Your lunch looks sumptuous Graham! I hope you both enjoyed it very much. As for that sea, well I can remember many seas like that when we used to visit our family in Whitley Bay, Roker Seafront, and Marsden Rock. Very cold and a bracing wind that knocked your hats off!

I hope you, Pauline, and Sarah are all well.

Best wishes as always.

Jane xxx

Thank you Jane.

Our meal at Miller and Carter today was lovely.

The beach today is at South Shields.

Graham xx

• Like 1

Just received an email from Saga. Do I want to book a 21 day trip around Africa, by private jet ?

You bet I do.

Lead in price is £39,999 pp ( don't you love it when they drop £1 off, so as to make the trip look more affordable!)

Looks like I need to buy a lottery ticket for Saturday - or should I buy two to make sure of winning ?

• Haha 9

Hi everyone, just been catching up with all your posts while I have 4G.

We are in Gran Canaria today, a bit of drizzle for half an hour early this morning but lovely weather since. Lanzarote tomorrow.

A20A0A67-BECA-43DE-B798-6DB3B98B739A.jpeg

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi everyone, just been catching up with all your posts while I have 4G.

We are in Gran Canaria today, a bit of drizzle for half an hour early this morning but lovely weather since. Lanzarote tomorrow.

A20A0A67-BECA-43DE-B798-6DB3B98B739A.jpeg

Nice photo Michelle.

• Thanks 1

It’s been raining here this afternoon and it’s a little bit wind today. Headed out of Venice to visit an old friend of OH, so walked to station and then back on our return and got lost, but came across a film crew. Would have stopped to watch but it was raining. Headed out this evening to St Marks Square and on the way back there was a fashion shoot taking place by the Rialto Bridge. It’s been an interesting day and my feet are now protesting at all the walking I’be done. 

• Like 9