P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thank you Avril he’s certainly a lot better considering going from Tuesday not surviving his blood infection to maybe coming out over weekend or Monday, also his artery from heart to groin has completely collapsed causing a blood infection, anyway strong antibiotics have apparently sorted that out ( blood infection) he’s too old for the operation to repair the artery even a young man would struggle to survive that they said but my husband and sister in law haven’t been able to really get a proper update from doctors to what’s happening, he’s 89 and I don’t think he’s quite understanding what they are saying, he thinks he’s getting out every day but we do know he’s not not been helicopter back to fuerteventura but flying at our expense, we have to know he’s strong enough for that flight , they haven’t even had him out of the bed to walk let alone make himself go through airports stuff etc but we’re certainly happy he’s still here no matter what ,hopefully they will keep him in for the weekend but the hospital in Gran Canaria is so busy just like uk with patients queuing in corridors and very very strict on visits. I might just say he’s not my father my parents died years ago but he’s been more of a father to me than my own father that’s why I call him dad , I’ve not been able to see him yet I left that to his son and daughter, I’m just holding the fort at the other end , cleaning, shopping, making there dinner’s, and taking them to airport every morning and night , 

My husband says he wants the miracle medication he’s on , we’re not sure what what the future is with this collapsed artery entails. Thank you for asking Avril, I hope you and Frank are well and happy.

• Like 16

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Avril he’s certainly a lot better considering going from Tuesday not surviving his blood infection to maybe coming out over weekend or Monday, also his artery from heart to groin has completely collapsed causing a blood infection, anyway strong antibiotics have apparently sorted that out ( blood infection) he’s too old for the operation to repair the artery even a young man would struggle to survive that they said but my husband and sister in law haven’t been able to really get a proper update from doctors to what’s happening, he’s 89 and I don’t think he’s quite understanding what they are saying, he thinks he’s getting out every day but we do know he’s not not been helicopter back to fuerteventura but flying at our expense, we have to know he’s strong enough for that flight , they haven’t even had him out of the bed to walk let alone make himself go through airports stuff etc but we’re certainly happy he’s still here no matter what ,hopefully they will keep him in for the weekend but the hospital in Gran Canaria is so busy just like uk with patients queuing in corridors and very very strict on visits. I might just say he’s not my father my parents died years ago but he’s been more of a father to me than my own father that’s why I call him dad , I’ve not been able to see him yet I left that to his son and daughter, I’m just holding the fort at the other end , cleaning, shopping, making there dinner’s, and taking them to airport every morning and night , 

My husband says he wants the miracle medication he’s on , we’re not sure what what the future is with this collapsed artery entails. Thank you for asking Avril, I hope you and Frank are well and happy.

Glad to hear that he is recovering, although stressful for everyone else, take care of yourselves too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Take heart Sandra, the news about your dad, albeit small, is positive, and I hope he  contines to slowly improve. 

I fully understand your feelings for 'your dad'. It's not always DNA that makes a mum or dad, nor son or daughter come to that. You're doing all you can to help and support everyone under the circumstances and I hope you will be able to visit him soon.

My best wishes to you and your family for a speedy and happy outcome.

Take care. x

Avril

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@Purdey16 : Dear Sandra. Just read your update post about dad. It sounds very complicated medically and I sincerely hope you all get through this. I was very touched by your comment about your dad and your feelings towards him. More proof if needed that anyone can be a biological father but only special people can be a real dad. Best wishes to you all. Jane xxx

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Not much more to add to the above apart from your doing a great job supporting son ,daughter and dad albeit from a distance, bet all three are proud of you .

Here's hoping for a happy outcome, best wishes to all of you  🙂 Take care.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

We are going out for a family meal this evening to celebrate my upcoming birthday.  My niece and her husband have decided that they will take both of their cars so that she and her children can take her mum and her husband will take DH and me so that we can both have glass or three of wine if we want to.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We are going out for a family meal this evening to celebrate my upcoming birthday.  My niece and her husband have decided that they will take both of their cars so that she and her children can take her mum and her husband will take DH and me so that we can both have glass or three of wine if we want to.

Have a wonderful time and Happy Birthday 🎂🎂🙂

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sandra, that sounds to be a really difficult situation for all of you. You’re obviously doing everything that could possibly be done for him, and I sincerely hope the outcome is positive.

Harry

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy birthday @Josy1953

Screenshot_20230323_223838.jpg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

@Purdey16.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your dad's recovery.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2023 at 10:41 PM, Snow Hill said:

Booked a 4 day break in a cottage in South Wales just south of Haverfordwest in a small rural community, first venture for me on Airbnb, went very smoothly and heard from property owner within 40 mins confirming booking

I know the area well, where are you staying?