P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. 

We have four grandchildren staying with us at the moment as it’s the Easter Holidays from school. It was a lovely day yesterday here so they were happy to play in the garden, ride on their bikes and go to the park.  Today it’s  raining and luckily I had booked them and my hubby to go to Sandcastle water park in Blackpool which wil keep them entertained. Hubby loves it as well so everyone’s happy. 

Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing 

Michelle

• Like 13

Morning all, hope everyone's ok .

Glad to read your knees better Graham after your jab and giving you respite from the pain .

We go to the hozzies and clinics for these jabs and stabs as they make us better .

Well most of the time .....😉

v-doll.jpg.d45c7bbb2f9bbe6dca1958109ac57f46.jpg

• Haha 16

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning all, hope everyone's ok .

Glad to read your knees better Graham after your jab and giving you respite from the pain .

We go to the hozzies and clinics for these jabs and stabs as they make us better .

Well most of the time .....😉

v-doll.jpg.d45c7bbb2f9bbe6dca1958109ac57f46.jpg

How was your hospital visit kalos. All ok I trust?

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening everyone.

I had another injection in my knee this afternoon and my knee feels great tonight.

These injections, cortisone I think, are marvellous things. Is your Sarah alright now?

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

How was your hospital visit kalos. All ok I trust?

Avril

Fine thank you, they check my eyes every year. The worst part was with it being a bright

sunny day, waiting for the eye drops to wear off . I know why barn owls don't come out to 

play on sunny days 😉

Next week back to the Doc's and try and part with some blood this time .

Hope you and Frank are doing ok ,Take care 🙂

• Like 10

I have found that the knee injections vary a lot in effectveness.  I have only had them done at the GP surgery, and some Drs. know how to find the spot, but I have had one or two by those who had no idea, and just seemed to plunge the needle in willy nilly, with no good effect afterwards.

I am sure it is better to make certain , maybe by going to hospital, to have them done, hopefully by a Dr. who knows exactly how to do them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I have found that the knee injections vary a lot in effectveness.  I have only had them done at the GP surgery, and some Drs. know how to find the spot, but I have had one or two by those who had no idea, and just seemed to plunge the needle in willy nilly, with no good effect afterwards.

I am sure it is better to make certain , maybe by going to hospital, to have them done, hopefully by a Dr. who knows exactly how to do them.

The doctor at our surgery I saw also works at the muscular skeletal clinic a few days a week so is skilled in joint treatment and a day is set aside every 2 weeks for an injection clinic at our doctors surgery.

I had my first steroid injection last June and the pain in my right knee cleared quickly.

My knee feels great this morning.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Just thought I'd drop by.

Clear blue skies, calm seas, boiling hot on our balcony. Almost noon, so beer o'clock is almost here.

Cadiz tomorrow.

Toodle pip !

Sounds amazing buddy.

Have you tried the cocktails in the Elite lounge yet.

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

What were Barn owls called before we invented barns?

I don't know but I suppose they hung about with sparrows and martins who were waiting 

for the house to be invented as well .😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds amazing buddy.

Have you tried the cocktails in the Elite lounge yet.

To be honest,  no. Have never felt the need to go. 

Perhaps we'll have to give it a go.16806998215966437928464210225212.thumb.jpg.e13294b29fcad95254df35327b24801a.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Hmmm  - not sure what I did there. Looks like the Poseidon Adventure !

This happens a lot when I post my first photo.

I usually repost the photo from my files and it posts correctly then I delete the upside down photo before I post.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Are you on your back already?!

Almost - just turning in after a fair number of beers and wines !

I do love the Princess package, especially as the waiters in the MDR ask if you want a "double" when you order a glass of wine. So much easier for everyone !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Up again.   TV doesn't help us insomniacs at all.. it's just murder this, murder that, murder,  murder, murder.That's apart from  about 40 shopping channels of course.

Its bad enough being up at this time without tv giving us the w*llies 🙃🤣

Strangely a cup of coffee at this time helps, and a biscuit of course!  See you in the morning.

• Like 6

Me too... mine is a mug of tea and putting the electric blanket while on here to get back into a warm bed.  Last night after being awake for ages (I have got something real worrying me at present)  went back to sleep at 5, woke at 8 having not sent the usual 6 a.m. email to sprogs.  In trouble again.

Empathy winging its way to you and the others.  We should all do something a bit self-indulgent today, like a choccie bickie  maybe.

• Like 8

Good Morning Wide Awake Club

A better night for me than @indiana123 and @lincslady - I didn't wake until 4.30am!

I don't drink tea so I'm on my second coffee now but no biccies yet. I'll take the dog out when it gets a bit lighter but still a bit too dark and spooky to go out yet.

I do agree about all the murders on tv but I have to admit to really enjoying them. I seem to alternate between real life murders and grisly medical programmes on Netflix - no adverts so you can just pause if you need to put the kettle on again.

I've got a telephone consultation from the GP surgery this morning - nothing serious but something that's worrying me at the moment and, as we all know, when you're up at silly o clock everything is magnified in your thoughts. @lincslady I hope whatever is concerning you is resolved and gives you peace of mind soon.

Right, time for the 6am news soon so I'll watch that and get ready to go out - or maybe I'll have another coffee!  Jane xx

• Like 10