P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Well today we are managing a Fundraising Auction for a charity golf day being held at Turnberry Golf Club. Yesterday we managed an auction at Aintree Racecourse and we drove up from there.

What a stunning place Turnberry is. Regularly voted number 1 golf course in the world. Owned by Donald Trump but don't let that put you off! I'm typing this from the Clubhouse. Not a bad view from here. Ive also posted a picture of the hotel. Cheapest room tonight 512 for bed and breakfast! 

Ps how do you rotate images on here?

So sorry mine go sideways!

IMG_20230414_1550349.jpg

IMG_20230414_1545071.jpg

April in Scotland. Look at the weather. It was like June today!!

On 4/11/2023 at 11:06 PM, indiana123 said:

Got home from London just after nine tonight.  Too late for the theatre but did manage a carvery.

Well that's that over then.  The mri took just over two hours.  OH was allowed in the room but as they decided on an open machine and not using the upright position I couldn't see him.  I felt I was in the washing machine😀with all the different noises and vibrations but it was fine.  I am a fidget but knew I had to do this as it is the last ditch effort to recover some mobility and they thanked me afterwards for keeping still for the whole two hours (16 scans).

They asked about music and I jokingly said Barry Manilow.  They said OK.  Poor OH and the two radiographers had to endure two hours of him.   I laughed.  I bet they were pleased to see the back of me!

To anyone who is claustrophobic or like me after an event cannot have anything over the face (Heart attack in my case)  I would say if you can possibly afford it it is worth every penny.    None in the NHS here in the south.

Brian  sorry I didn't reply to you this morning.. Son in law is attached somehow to Border Force re computers and drives in loads of foreign cities when on call.  He takes it all in his stride, it was us passengers who shut their eyes.   Horrendous traffic.

First time I’ve logged in since Monday so pleased it went ok. Fingers crossed for you.

Morning all I’m having one of my not sleeping well spells 😞 So annoying, a Saturday and I was hoping for a decent sleep. Been quite a lot of rain here this week but after today it will hopefully get nicer!

Anyway I’ll see if I can get back to sleep for a bit, have a good day.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

What time do all the important people (top tier peninsular) board the ship usually?

11.45 or 12 noon? Along with hundreds of Caribbean tier peasants like me with priority boarding.

I wish the priority applied to delivering the case to your cabin, last cruise it went into the hole in the wall at 11.30 and arrived at the cabin after 5pm 😠

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

11.45 or 12 noon? Along with hundreds of Caribbean tier peasants like me with priority boarding.

I wish the priority applied to delivering the case to your cabin, last cruise it went into the hole in the wall at 11.30 and arrived at the cabin after 5pm 😠

think they will let me in if I’m too early?

‘Morning all

can’t find a relevant thread, so here goes with my query. My family are looking at a transatlantic on Arvia for 2024. When my late wife and I did one on Oriana in 2003 we drove to Manchester airport from where P&O put on a coach to Southampton. After the two weeks flew back to Manchester and picked up the car. Does this still happen ?

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

think they will let me in if I’m too early?

What ship are you on? I’ve seen recent posts elsewhere that with Ventura and Britannia they were holding people back who arrived more than half hour early.

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

What ship are you on? I’ve seen recent posts elsewhere that with Ventura and Britannia they were holding people back who arrived more than half hour early.

I saw this Sue, huge queues in the rain if arrived too early but if you arrive on time, straight in... 

Gone are the days of take a card, sit in the nice warm reception and get called as soon as they have a gap. 

Andy 

• Like 4

Morning all, looks like the weather is on the up with a mini heatwave next week. It is the Grand national today and I will be having a flutter on Coko Beach at 33/1, I am on a good run and seem to be able to get a well priced horse into the top four. Good luck all those who are having a punt.

Sometimes you need a bit of help with things, I like price comparison websites, I found out that Vincent Price is taller than Alan Price but has a smaller chest than Katie Price. 

• Haha 12

5 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

What time do all the important people (top tier peninsular) board the ship usually?

You are just as important as the top tier people Vamps. They have just done more cruises than you. You are a breath of air on this site, that makes you important to me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

As I have only recently become an important people I can board from 13:00 but the really important people can usually board from around 11:30 depending how quickly they get the least important people off the ship. 😉

• Haha 7

19 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Well today we are managing a Fundraising Auction for a charity golf day being held at Turnberry Golf Club. Yesterday we managed an auction at Aintree Racecourse and we drove up from there.

What a stunning place Turnberry is. Regularly voted number 1 golf course in the world. Owned by Donald Trump but don't let that put you off! I'm typing this from the Clubhouse. Not a bad view from here. Ive also posted a picture of the hotel. Cheapest room tonight 512 for bed and breakfast! 

Ps how do you rotate images on here?

So sorry mine go sideways!

IMG_20230414_1550349.jpg

IMG_20230414_1545071.jpg

My husband’s uncle was one of the green keepers at Turnberry. A really lovely part of the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

My husband’s uncle was one of the green keepers at Turnberry. A really lovely part of the world.

Stunning place. And boy have we seen lucky with the weather. 

Absolutely glorious.

We have just arrived at the incredible Torridon Hotel now. The drive here was spectacular. I've never seen scenery like this. Beats the Lake District,  the Peak District, Tuscany and The Rhine Valley combined!!

Will post some photos. This hotel is very special.

• Like 5

I’ve just seen it was a year ago today we boarded Britannia for our 3 night Easter cruise - the was weather glorious ! Today we woke up to pouring rain and although it’s brightened up now it is not that warm.

Heres is a pic from a year ago today - take me back!

B23C0F8F-4946-4B9F-84E4-0EFED542D371.jpeg

• Like 18

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

As I have only recently become an important people I can board from 13:00 but the really important people can usually board from around 11:30 depending how quickly they get the least important people off the ship. 😉

We are extremely important Caribbean tier people and have a boarding time of 12.30, it also says priority boarding.  We happen to have friends travelling with us but they’re in the lowest of the low tier yet they still have a 12.30 arrival time!  Their boarding pass doesn’t say priority boarding though 🤪🤪

I never really worry too much as we always get on eventually 😊🍷

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Driving home from Southampton today, I saw two AA patrolmen on motor bikes. Talk about a blast from the past !

Anyone else seen them, or are they actually quite common,  and I need to get out more  ? 

As an aside, I realised today that the next time I drive to Southampton it will be the British Grand Prix, so the area around Silverstone will be a no go area !

My options therefore seem to be limited to using the A1 or M1, and then M25 M3.

Anyone got any other ideas? For the first time ever I was considering driving down on the Saturday of departure, as Southampton hotel prices have gone silly, but I might now need to reconsider.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Driving home from Southampton today, I saw two AA patrolmen on motor bikes. Talk about a blast from the past !

Anyone else seen them, or are they actually quite common,  and I need to get out more  ? 

Haven't seen them for years. Remember when I was a child that they used to salute when they saw my father's AA badge. Very ageing!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Which AA?

• Haha 7