P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We had a very pleasant problem free drive home from Southampton this morning but as S** "s law states that cannot last.  I had a message on the answer machine asking me to call my friend's daughter which I did immediately because I knew that there was something amiss, the daughter never rings, sadly my friend has passed away while we were away.  I celebrated a big birthday while on holiday and the news of my friend's passing reminded me that we are all getting older.  My DH said he can't imagine my life without my regular lunches and coffees with my friend, as he said we have been together for over 50 years and she was my friend for 15 years before that.

So sorry to hear this Josy, what a shock for you. I hope you find comfort in your memories.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks as always Graham. I thought you were, or had been, a regular HA Line cruiser so I'm really surprised to read that you're not. I do read a lot of the posts on there and now always listen to Fr. Damian's sermons. I will post - just to say hello maybe. You and Pauline have a happy day. Jane xx

HAL is a carnival cruise line and some of us are regulars on Princess and of course Pauline and I on P&O as well although most are HAL regulars.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

Glad to see your having a great time up in Bonny Scotland . 

Last time we was up there ,coming home we followed the west coast on our way home,

so I could show the Mrs  the "Electric Brae,  on the A719, Maybole (KA19 8JR)

Nice to stop on a steep hill and let your car roll back up the hill. 

One of natures very own optical illusions 🙂 

I was going to mention the electric brae😀 it really is quite something.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

@Beckett

Good morning Jane. 

I was a little worried when I read your earlier post, and relieved when I saw the rest of them. I'm glad you reconsidered. I know some of the posters on other threads can be a little......erm, shall we say truculent? Try reading between the lines Jane, or referring back to their earlier posts and see how they change their ideas to suit their agenda. It's fun😉 Or as others have said, use the block button.

A while ago we had an episode with a nasty new poster who had taken a particular dislike to me. no idea why. Loved Graham though☺️

I logged in late one morning and I don't know what she had been saying about me, as no-one wanted to upset me, but my friends had all reported her posts and had them taken down, and blocked from the CC forum That's the wonderful caring community we have on here and the odd one or two are easily ignored, or blocked.

Stay with us Jane, it won't be the same without you.x

Avril

At that time I was posting a lot of photos of Pauline and me and maybe why I was mentioned.IMG_20230416_120335.thumb.jpg.9dfd7ceacf82f175a04ec1aa0e08b9f7.jpg

You are lovely Avril and no one should be nasty to you or any of our friends on here.

We had a lovely church service today and we went to the beach afterwards and ate a lovely picnic Pauline prepared.

Graham.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Yesterday we arrived at the hotel and had a superb meal in the restaurant. Which is over 160 years old!!

They have an amazing kitchen garden here plus their own Highland cattle for beef. Pigs arriving next week.

60 per cent of the food on their menu comes direct from their estate

We finished with a Scottish Chessboard with Port and had paired wine with each course

32794.jpg

IMG-20230416-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20230416-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20230416-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20230416-WA0005.jpg

Is that the cow on the motorbike on the telly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I dream of Rovrum not losing ,then I wake up and they still lose ..Nightmare !  😉

They should be my 2nd team.My Mum was born in Maltby under the district of Rotherham.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks so much Avril. I seem to remember someone being less than nice to you a while back. Now, in my book anyone who takes a dislike to you is either mad, bad, a troll, or a thoroughly nasty, viscous piece of work who deserves to be removed for good. How lovely that this (our) community acted so swiftly to get it shut down. I wasn't really aware of the report option until today but I certainly am now. 

The other night, on Dragon's Den, one of the panel referred to an ' influencer'. The slightly older guy who was pitching said "In my day an influencer was someone you sent round to the house of the the person who stole your telly to get it back". Any more trouble Avril ....I'll be your influencer! Jane xxx

Just scroll on by Jane, I know it isn't always easy when someone is just trolling or deliberately causing friction, I sometimes find it hard to not put my two pen'orth in, plus social media isn't always good for getting your point across.

It reminds me of my last cruise at dinner, the Maitre de asked if I wouldn't mind waiting for a while, "of course not" I replied. "Right then take these drinks to table 5 and check if table 8 want any drinks"

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

The promised sun didn’t come til the afternoon but we had a nice walk at Riverside country Park which is a very short drive away. Then we popped into Mum and Dad’s for a coffee.

ED3CAC70-2E53-4700-A18B-793D1C61FF24.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, CarlaMarie said:

Are you able to phone the oncologist or talk to your GP about travel advice for your upcoming cruise? They may be able to give you some guidance on what to do and help you come to the best decision for you.

7 hours ago, Beckett said:

Pam, don't cancel yet. In your shoes I would either get in touch with your GP practice, speak to the PM and ask them to chase on your behalf or, if you know the name of the hospital you're being referred to, phone the hospital and ask to be put through to oncology for an update and tell them your dilemma re travelling. You really should have heard by now and regardless of strikes etc I believe the 2-week wait is still in place. Jane xx

If I haven't had heard anything tomorrow I will phone my consultant's secretary, as it is him that is refering me to the oncology department for treatment. 

• Like 9