P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Glorious again in the Scottish Highlands this morning.

This is what we woke up to

We went cold water swimming again this morning

Waited 54 years to try it. Then 2 mornings in a row!

Lol

IMG_20230417_1201394.jpg

That looks beautiful!!  Don’t know about the cold water swimming though, I am more a Caribbean water swimmer

Michelle

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Glorious again in the Scottish Highlands this morning.

This is what we woke up to

We went cold water swimming again this morning

Waited 54 years to try it. Then 2 mornings in a row!

Lol

IMG_20230417_1201394.jpg

That reminds me, gotta get some button mushrooms for tonights dinner.

Edited by brian1
  • Haha 14

Morning everyone, hope you're all well.

Looks like being another bright sunny day down here.

Thank you all for your concern, re my dilemma! After several phone calls yesterday I finally spoke to my consultant's secretary and she is going to bring it to the attention of the consultant and also the oncologist's secretary. If I haven't heard any more by the end of this week, I'll chase it up again.

I'm meeting a friend for coffee this morning and this afternoon I intend to have a sewing session. Trying to keep busy.

Have a good day whatever you have planned.

Pam 

• Like 19

58 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Thank you all for your concern, re my dilemma! After several phone calls yesterday I finally spoke to my consultant's secretary and she is going to bring it to the attention of the consultant and also the oncologist's secretary. If I haven't heard any more by the end of this week, I'll chase it up again.

I'm meeting a friend for coffee this morning and this afternoon I intend to have a sewing session. Trying to keep busy.

Pam 

So pleased you gave them a call. I know as a patient we feel hesitant to chase things up, but it is actually important that we take quite a proactive approach (I'm a kidney disease patient). Consultants, nurses etc.. actually like it when you do, as they themselves would do exactly the same. I know it can take a while sometimes to get through to the people you need to talk to or get an answer, and it can feel tedious and tiring, but just keep going at it! 

Enjoy your coffee this morning and your sewing this afternoon. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Pam 

A lovely sunny morning here too,  I was woken at 4:20 by 2 cats having a spat in our garden, then the birds joined in so another early morning.

I hope that you hear something soon from your consulant or oncologist, there is nothing worse than waiting with health issues.

Enjoy your coffee with your friend and your sewing session.  I had a bit of a sweing session last evening  altering a dress that was too long, one of the trials of being a short person. 

Have a good day

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 10

53 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A lovely sunny morning here too,  I was woken at 4:20 by 2 cats having a spat in our garden, then the birds joined in so another early morning.

I hope that you hear something soon from your consulant or oncologist, there is nothing worse than waiting with health issues.

Enjoy your coffee with your friend and your sewing session.  I had a bit of a sweing session last evening  altering a dress that was too long, one of the trials of being a short person. 

Have a good day

Was that a swing or sewing session,could be important.☺️

• Haha 11

I managed to use my bus pass for the first time today, and not on a bus. Iceland have 10% off on Tuesday for old fogies. Show your club card and bus pass and away you go. Us Yorkshire men like a bargain.

Nice day here too, bit parky out of the sun but warm enough to sit out this afternoon.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@purplesea Hi Pam. I hope you had a good coffee morning and sewing session this afternoon.

I'm so pleased you've managed to get through to the right people and I sincerely hope they are quick to respond to you. You're right to keep chasing though if they're not prompt. More hugs. Jane xxx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

@purplesea Hi Pam. I hope you had a good coffee morning and sewing session this afternoon.

I'm so pleased you've managed to get through to the right people and I sincerely hope they are quick to respond to you. You're right to keep chasing though if they're not prompt. More hugs. Jane xxx

Thank you.

We had a good chat, mainly about cruising as we are both booked on the same cruise next month.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I managed to use my bus pass for the first time today, and not on a bus. Iceland have 10% off on Tuesday for old fogies. Show your club card and bus pass and away you go. Us Yorkshire men like a bargain.

Nice day here too, bit parky out of the sun but warm enough to sit out this afternoon.

Iceland sounds a long way to pick up the groceries and then there's the cost of excess baggage on the plane home and the cost of airport parking!

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, Beckett said:

I have a physio appointment tomorrow.

I phoned the hospital last week because I got a text saying they would be in touch soon after 2 doctor's referrals over several months.

I spoke to a supervisor last week who checked and said there had been a mistake and she got me an appointment 7 day's later.

Graham x

• Like 9

We've arrived home from a truly fantastic escape to the Western Highlands in Scotland

I'm sure many of you have visited them

If not then I highly recommend

Without doubt IMO the most breathtaking scenery in UK. Mountains, gorges, locks, beaches all together!!

And speaking to other tourists there they rated the scenery as good as anywhere in the world. Some well traveled US tourists said only New Zealand had been comparable in their opinion

And although it's a long drive (it took us 8.5 hrs from Derbyshire) it's one of the best places we have ever visited and we will be back as we only scratched the surface!!

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

And although it's a long drive (it took us 8.5 hrs from Derbyshire) it's one of the best places we have ever visited and we will be back as we only scratched the surface!!

Glad you had a great time , once you have done Scotland do not forget all those Scottish islands and their fab beaches 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We've arrived home from a truly fantastic escape to the Western Highlands in Scotland

I'm sure many of you have visited them

If not then I highly recommend

Without doubt IMO the most breathtaking scenery in UK. Mountains, gorges, locks, beaches all together!!

And speaking to other tourists there they rated the scenery as good as anywhere in the world. Some well traveled US tourists said only New Zealand had been comparable in their opinion

You could get a "battle bus",might be one going cheap soon.

• Haha 12

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

You could get a "battle bus",might be one going cheap soon.

I don’t like these big camper vans or rather I dislike the drivers who haven’t got a clue how to drive on a single track road and use passing places. They were out in their droves last week.

The weather also catches them out. We came back from the islands on Friday leaving in brilliant sunshine then travelling through blinding snow a couple of hours later. It happens. The Green Welly was jammed with folks who aren’t used to driving in snow on small roads. A few hours later brilliant sunshine again. 

The last couple of days have been lovely weather wise. A great start to spring.

The current keeper of the battle bus can’t even drive as yet.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

Quite a pleasant day here.  I went out early to do some local election leafleting, so I have exceeded 16000 steps already.

I had an interesting house where I couldn't find a letterbox in the door nor one attached to the wall, I am still trying to think how they get their mail or is it just a good way to avoid unwanted leaflets and bills.

I have hust been to the opticians, I was pleasantly surprised when they told me they total cost because it is actually cheaper than the last year.

• Like 7