P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well I’m all packed up ,4 suitcases and 1 big hold all, housework done , nails and hair done so now chilling down the beach watching the air show , suns out and it’s a bit hot , hopefully the sun will shine everyday for you guys while I’m away . I will still read this thread every night because I’ve got Wi-Fi on the ship , I’m on sky princess so can’t really do a live blog on here for you but will post pictures now and again if people want .

Have a lovely time, yes please to photos! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have lived here in Medway for almost 40 years and never seen it rain so hard in the last 30 minutes. My house is almost at the top of the hill and we had about 3 inches of water outside the front door. The rear garden was awash.  😱

It was terrible wasn’t it! We were at Hempstead Valley getting some shopping for my parents and we could see it gushing down the glass roof bit near M&S like a waterfall!

When we got to their flat their car park was partially flooded! Crazy weather.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Well, what an event that was. Never, in all my life have I experienced rain like it.. My garden disappeared.

Mr. Previous Owner added a lovely conservatory right across the back (28ft) and I live in it a lot.  Where the house and conservatory meet there is only original sized guttering.  This couldn't cope and water came in heavily along the seam.   OH was out at the time.  I am partially disabled and I suppose the adrenaline kicked in and I managed to drag some furniture out of the way, and draped the tv in towels as it was being splashed.  I used every towel and saucepan.  My bathroom floor was also awash.

We can laugh now but OH got an earbashing.   I  calmly rang him to let him know in a very calm way and he said ok he was just popping in the Co-op for the newspapers and wouldn't be long.  What!!!  I was dealing with an emergency and he was getting newspapers!!!!   Of course there was hardly any rain where he was, he had no idea🤣

Anyway we are off tomorrow and sailing on Norwegian Dawn on Sunday, Round Britain  then across to (so they say), Brussels, Paris and Amsterdam, but we wont get to them as we think we are berthed many miles away.  Lots of tender ports so 'll just  sit and watch the world go by and have another glass of wine!  According to a Roll Call a lot of Americans are flying over and it seems it will be quite casual.  Hope it will be ok.

Our cases have already gone with baggage handlers, its so much easier with sticks and buggy.  Before that we have decided to put the furniture in the affected room into the middle and put towels round the outside.  I wouldn't think a deluge like that will happen for years to come, but a bit wary.

Please behave while those of us off on a jolly are gone!

Hope your house is ok, have a lovely cruise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Lots of tender ports so 'll just  sit and watch the world go by and have another glass of wine!  According to a Roll Call a lot of Americans are flying over and it seems it will be quite casual.  Hope it will be ok.

I've worked on board Norwegian Dawn a couple of times this season as part of my home port hospitality team.   She is a very casual ship.

You don't mention if you just don't like tendering, but when you arrive in Edinburgh (Newhaven Harbour), we use our local excursion ship to help with tendering of the larger ships.   She's a lot bigger than a ship's tender, and a very smooth journey.

Forth Belle

Photo

• Like 5

Morning🙂 Hope everyone's doing ok this morning and those off on holiday have a good

time . Must be a nice feeling thinking "At last"  from booking waiting for today to come.

Werther your sat at home online or going to the Travel agents ,that "I've booked"  is  a 

good feeling .  The wife and I very first met in a travel agents , she had gone looking 

for a holiday and ended up with me ,as a last resort 🙃

Now for my gripe  !    They just do not make things like they used to 😞

Only last week the small TV in our bedroom went kaput . 

This week Mrs K  informs me we have a new fridge freezer coming as ours is playing 

up and on it's way out .😞

I wouldn't mind but we have only had them for about 20 years .😞😉

Neer mind as they say .

Take care 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning🙂 Hope everyone's doing ok this morning and those off on holiday have a good

time . Must be a nice feeling thinking "At last"  from booking waiting for today to come.

Werther your sat at home online or going to the Travel agents ,that "I've booked"  is  a 

good feeling .  The wife and I very first met in a travel agents , she had gone looking 

for a holiday and ended up with me ,as a last resort 🙃

Now for my gripe  !    They just do not make things like they used to 😞

Only last week the small TV in our bedroom went kaput . 

This week Mrs K  informs me we have a new fridge freezer coming as ours is playing 

up and on it's way out .😞

I wouldn't mind but we have only had them for about 20 years .😞😉

Neer mind as they say .

Take care 🙂

It is amazing how things play up when you want a new one.😉

• Haha 7

Thank you all , my cases have squeezed in the car just having my last coffee and then off to pick my son up because he’s having our car while we are away and taking us there , should be there at port for 10 o’clock as princess boards much earlier than p&o hopefully we get on earliest as we want to book some sun beds in the sanctuary this time since we will be going to some hot weather so fingers crossed as I know it’s a bum fight for them , this will be my first time doing anything like this . 
Last cruise in June it was board early to put our names down for the chefs table which was a lovely experience but at $135 pp we won’t be doing it again on this one . 
Have a lovely weekend everyone 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Ardennais said:

This is the reason why we decided to use National Express to travel to London in June. Ok, it took 6 hours rather than 4 on the train, but the return ticket only cost £78 for 4 of us! Yes, a total of £78 to which I added £2 each to reserve seats in the first 3 rows. The train would have cost £80 EACH! Lovely air-conditioned coach and we could forget about our luggage. I appreciate that the coach isn’t feasible for   work journeys, but for us, it was great. 

Hi,6 hrs would be our limit for a weekend break.Toying with the idea of a break in Oct for my birthday.Cardiff and Swansea are on the list.any recommendations.Also Gloucester and Cheltenham if anyone knows the area.TIA.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you all , my cases have squeezed in the car just having my last coffee and then off to pick my son up because he’s having our car while we are away and taking us there , should be there at port for 10 o’clock as princess boards much earlier than p&o hopefully we get on earliest as we want to book some sun beds in the sanctuary this time since we will be going to some hot weather so fingers crossed as I know it’s a bum fight for them , this will be my first time doing anything like this . 
Last cruise in June it was board early to put our names down for the chefs table which was a lovely experience but at $135 pp we won’t be doing it again on this one . 
Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Have a lovely time

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny here.

We had breakfast looking out over the North Sea.

IMG_20230902_111156.jpg

You have got my Mrs saying Wow at your photo Graham🙂

Nothing to do with your butty as nice as it looks .

A lot of times we can be going out in the car ,switch on ignition and it's there ,look at

her phone and it's there .

I am talking about the time 11:11   Not sure what it means ,that many things, but one 

I read says "means all is well " and with a sea view like that, sat with your loved one 

gazing out to sea munching on your butties .. I guess that explains it 😍😀🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

You have got my Mrs saying Wow at your photo Graham🙂

Nothing to do with your butty as nice as it looks .

A lot of times we can be going out in the car ,switch on ignition and it's there ,look at

her phone and it's there .

I am talking about the time 11:11   Not sure what it means ,that many things, but one 

I read says "means all is well " and with a sea view like that, sat with your loved one 

Thank you Kalos.

Hopefully some day you and Mrs Kalos will join us.

Best wishes to you both mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Well, what an event that was. Never, in all my life have I experienced rain like it.. My garden disappeared.

Mr. Previous Owner added a lovely conservatory right across the back (28ft) and I live in it a lot.  Where the house and conservatory meet there is only original sized guttering.  This couldn't cope and water came in heavily along the seam.   OH was out at the time.  I am partially disabled and I suppose the adrenaline kicked in and I managed to drag some furniture out of the way, and draped the tv in towels as it was being splashed.  I used every towel and saucepan.  My bathroom floor was also awash.

We can laugh now but OH got an earbashing.   I  calmly rang him to let him know in a very calm way and he said ok he was just popping in the Co-op for the newspapers and wouldn't be long.  What!!!  I was dealing with an emergency and he was getting newspapers!!!!   Of course there was hardly any rain where he was, he had no idea🤣

Anyway we are off tomorrow and sailing on Norwegian Dawn on Sunday, Round Britain  then across to (so they say), Brussels, Paris and Amsterdam, but we wont get to them as we think we are berthed many miles away.  Lots of tender ports so 'll just  sit and watch the world go by and have another glass of wine!  According to a Roll Call a lot of Americans are flying over and it seems it will be quite casual.  Hope it will be ok.

Our cases have already gone with baggage handlers, its so much easier with sticks and buggy.  Before that we have decided to put the furniture in the affected room into the middle and put towels round the outside.  I wouldn't think a deluge like that will happen for years to come, but a bit wary.

Please behave while those of us off on a jolly are gone!

We looked at the NCL uk cruises as there were some bargains, but they clashed with existing trips. Maybe next year. We enjoy NCL cruises and only need 4 nights to go up a grade in Latitudes. Enjoy Dawn. We did.

• Like 2

Well I have been harvesting green apples this afternoon. The September variety are more than ready and the October reds are well on their way as well with all the sunshine.

I will get out the mandolin and make thin sweet apple crisps which OH loves.

I also have all the ingredients for apple chutney but that will be for next week. I make a vast “caldron” of that, it takes hours to sterilise the jars!

Plums have been poor so I’m having to buy some to make plum preserve to go with cheese over the winter. Some small pleasures in life are just essential and that’s one of them.

Autumn is definitely here. It has been really hot today but last night the temperature dropped like a brick.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kalos said:

kalos, just wanted to tell you  - the time 11.11 has 'haunted' me for years - I see it everywhere, when I look at my phone, my watch, turn the tv over etc etc its so weird!  It happens to others as well with other double numbers.  My son used to work on the airlines and he has the same thing with 7.37 (737)

Wonder what it all means?

• Like 2

Baby sister just WhatsApped to tell me that they are on board Iona for a week and it is due out at 6 o'clock.  I can't believe that when I saw her on Wednesday she didn't say that they had anything booked unless is a last minute decision.  I did know that they are both off work next week.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Waju said:

kalos, just wanted to tell you  - the time 11.11 has 'haunted' me for years - I see it everywhere, when I look at my phone, my watch, turn the tv over etc etc its so weird!  It happens to others as well with other double numbers.  My son used to work on the airlines and he has the same thing with 7.37 (737)

Wonder what it all means?

No idea. People seem to like me more now that I say I'm a spiritual person
As compared to before when I used the term "alcoholic" instead. 😉

• Haha 12

33 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Summer has arrived in our bit of Yorkshire and it looks like hanging about for a few days. Enjoy everyone.

May be an image of 3 people, horse and text that says 'Frankie Dettori controversy Kiss was wasntcoses not consensual says Horse.'

Can I give you a Kiss ?. Neigh Frankie Neigh🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 12

Been a warm day, 24C and sunshine, managed to build my new metal raised bed, 72 nut and bolts to put it together ends of my fingers a little sore. It’s slightly wider than the old wooden one and doesn’t quite slot in between back of greenhouse and an old low wall. Rather than move the greenhouse I will demolish the wall which is 3 bricks high snd 2m long. A job for tomorrow, then site raised bed and refill, then plant cabbage and cauliflower plants I have in pots, 12 of each, should see us through the winter providing slugs don’t get them. 

• Like 7