P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

I’m actually not there as in Somerset for a few days and it’s not snowing here (near Yeovil). The Robin was grateful for a few crumbs this morning!

20231130_105013.jpeg

Beautiful robin Angel my favourite bird , it’s only drizzling now and bits of sleet in between.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’m actually not there as in Somerset for a few days and it’s not snowing here (near Yeovil). The Robin was grateful for a few crumbs this morning!

20231130_105013.jpeg

Looks like he should cut down on the carbs.

• Haha 7

27 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Lovely pictures Presto beautiful blue sky and hope you had a lovely time in :::::::::: can’t pronounce it 😂😂

If I tried to tell you on here I'd be eaten alive by anyone Welsh ! If you've never been to this beautiful part of the world you really must.

Have to say it was so cold today it reminded us of Yllad in Lapland. But as that is like heaven on earth that's not a bad thing. It felt so special today .. have never been this time of the year. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Angel57 said:

20231130_105013.jpeg

Fabulous photo, a contender for Cruise Critic Picture of the Year!

• Like 8

Had a lovely pre cruise dinner tonight , chicken teriyaki Arancini balls and curried parsnip soup , then lamb shank  potato dauphinois, braised red cabbage, Brussels with pancetta and maple syrup, rump steak with fat chips , a 10 out of 10 for our local restaurant tonight, I Hope Aurora has some good standards 😋

• Like 10

Middle of the night confession time.  Woke up cold, so I have put the electric blanket on high, been in the kitchen to switch the heating on, boiled the kettle and made a hot toddy (whisky, brown sugar and boiling water) and about to get back into bed to read and hopefully drop off again.

What a wicked  woman - at my age I can't see why I should not do as I please!  (Within reason).  I do not normally drink  much.  I am lucky I can afford to do this - often think of people lying on a cold pavement at this time of year, and count my blessings.

I hope we all have a good day tomorrow/today.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Middle of the night confession time.  Woke up cold, so I have put the electric blanket on high, been in the kitchen to switch the heating on, boiled the kettle and made a hot toddy (whisky, brown sugar and boiling water) and about to get back into bed to read and hopefully drop off again.

What a wicked  woman - at my age I can't see why I should not do as I please!  (Within reason).  I do not normally drink  much.  I am lucky I can afford to do this - often think of people lying on a cold pavement at this time of year, and count my blessings.

I see absolutely no wickedness there! 🙂

Hope you got some more sleep. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

It is -3˚C and very, very dark this morning. (Forecast for -4˚C!) Only up and about to do some essential stuff. 

We went out to Wakehurst Place Botanic Garden last night to see the "Glow." It was very impressive. Biggest tree growing in Britain all done up for Christmas and a surprise around every corner.

At one point we were transformed into the depths of the ocean by the sound and light to a sculpture of a Blue Whale breaching and blowing. The entire engineering was accomplished by youngsters back on the road to becoming responsible and valued members of the community after having lost their way... it was a really moving spectacle. Heartwarming on the coldest night of the year so far to know that kids were being given the chance, skills and the encouragement to create such a wondrous art-work... and that those skills and experience would hold them in good-stead.

The Salmon leaping and the field of flames in the background were from different artists' studio.

image.thumb.jpeg.7df94299ef40f82b52d27b11c1346b3f.jpeg

So keep warm and cosy... we're using the additional "winter fuel" allowance to do just that... sweater collection has increased and lots of new thick socks.

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 11

Thanks, Harry - another hour or so.  Having a hot toddy in the middle of the night is not the sort of thing I would have done in the past, but what the heck - I am not driving today anyway.

I do feel lucky that I can get to sleep but wake early, it is far worse for those of us who cannot drop off in the first place and toss and turn for hours on end, especially if they are not on their own in bed and the other is snoring happily!  Have been there in the past.

• Like 6

helloDecember.jpg.96e25d66b084ee651ed28232e7204dfb.jpg 

Good morning everyone it's -2.c here today .

Love this month, at long last I can go out to the shops and buy my Easter eggs .
Does anyone have a festive drink they like ? 
Going back to my pub days I was a creature of habit and liked to stick to my pint of bitter .
As it was coming up towards Christmas and the landlord had put a notice up 
that read "Christmas Cocktails Now Served Here "
Not too sure I asked for one that had plenty of vodka in it ,didn't smell too bad 
and a reasonable body about it and a bit lively .
The landlord then shouted into the back ..
"Rita   !!  There's a guy out front here asking for you .😉

Have a good day/weekend 🙂

• Haha 12