P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Happy Anniversary Pauline and Graham. It doesn't seem 5 minutes since last year. (You are a day after us so I remember posting about it as ours was the 20th - our pearl!)

Hope you both had a lovely day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Happy Anniversary Pauline and Graham. It doesn't seem 5 minutes since last year. (You are a day after us so I remember posting about it as ours was the 20th - our pearl!)

Hope you both had a lovely day.

Thank you and Happy Anniversary to you both too.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I remember the Monacled Mutineer.  We have lost a lot of theolder contributers but it is nice to get new ones such as Vampiress88 and her family in their place.

Yes I love reading @Vampiress88 reviews. Interesting to get her perspective.

Good morning on this Bank Holiday weekend,when the banks are shut.

Nowt new there they shut half of ours years back anyway .

They rather we use them online ,which can be annoying , have you ever tried

to get a ten pound note changed for pound coins,on your PC ?🤔

The biggest joke is when your computer wants you to tick a box to 

prove that you are human . A bit ironic that one .

Hope the rain clears for everyone and you have a good weekend -

Take care .🙂

• Like 11

Morning all,I couldn't believe what I saw on the news.They've rerouted the tour of Wales cycle race cos the support vehicles can't exceed the new 20mph limits in certain areas.Perhaps they should get off and walk thru those areas.Brings a new meaning to the term push bike.Brian.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Good morning.

Cloudy and 10°C here.

Nothing planned for today although it is handy the nearest beach is less than 10 minutes away in the car.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day whatever you decide to do.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Awful weather here. Too wet to take the dog for a walk and he is not even asking to go out…

Don't blame him.Just a bit drizzly all day here.Was going to walk to the gym after my suggested 7 day rest period but will probably go tomorrow as it's gonna be dry and warm.Plus F1 quali is on later,lol.

• Like 5

Hello everyone.   I have been where the weather is usually pretty wet, and it lived up to its promise, in Cumbria for 5 nights with son and DIL.  Lovely to be looked after and cooked for, and have a couple of lunches out, but did it rain, and it was pretty dry back here in Lincs.  Travel back took 5 instead of just over 3 hours, thanks to roadworks and Leeds festival  - too many people and vehicles in England now; we are full.  Tomtom helps a lot, with diversions - good job my son understands it all, because I don't and now never need to.

Haven't had time to catch up with all the news on here, so I hope all is well and no disasters for anyone.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Awful weather here. Too wet to take the dog for a walk and he is not even asking to go out…

Oh dear ,not a good start to a Bank Holiday weekend ..

What we need is a sing song 🎵🙃🎵 All together now .....

walkonpie.jpg.a6f1a63c10447688cd09a9c4e506475a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Horrible weather here,  I am praying that it clears before 2 pm when we are due to bowl.  The way my back feels this morning I would like the green to be waterlogged and the game to be called off but as we are on our own green which has excellent drainage that is unlikely to happen.

We are actually the away team because we are playing our B team who know the green as well as we do but when we played them earlier in the season we beat them so they will be looking for revenge.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Hello everyone.   I have been where the weather is usually pretty wet, and it lived up to its promise, in Cumbria for 5 nights with son and DIL.  Lovely to be looked after and cooked for, and have a couple of lunches out, but did it rain, and it was pretty dry back here in Lincs.  Travel back took 5 instead of just over 3 hours, thanks to roadworks and Leeds festival  - too many people and vehicles in England now; we are full.  Tomtom helps a lot, with diversions - good job my son understands it all, because I don't and now never need to.

Haven't had time to catch up with all the news on here, so I hope all is well and no disasters for anyone.

TBH, I find folk saying their car journey took too long as there are too many cars on the road a bit...confusing 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,I couldn't believe what I saw on the news.They've rerouted the tour of Wales cycle race cos the support vehicles can't exceed the new 20mph limits in certain areas.Perhaps they should get off and walk thru those areas.Brings a new meaning to the term push bike.Brian.

Don't the speed limits apply to cyclists as well?

On 8/20/2024 at 12:58 PM, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s a breezy day here today but plenty blue sky and sunshine.

It’s my birthday today, I have just met the girls for coffee this morning which was lovely and my mum is coming for tea later.

I went to the Hot Ice Show in Blackpool last night, it was fabulous, highly recommended.

I should go to the gym this afternoon but not sure I am in the mood today

Take care everyone 

Michelle

Belated Happy Birthday Michelle, can’t believe I haven’t here since Tuesday, hope you had a lovely day xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its a nice day here, mostly blue sky with plenty of sunshine.

We went to Viva in Blackpool to see Ibiza Dance Classics set to an orchestra, it was brilliant. 

Tonight we are at a Wine and Tapas night with friends so looking forward to that. I am making my birthday celebrations last as long as possible!  

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

TBH, I find folk saying their car journey took too long as there are too many cars on the road a bit...confusing 🤔

Sorry, zap, I am a bit dim these days so don't see anything confusing about my comment, except that we were obviously contributing to the numbers.  I have this memory of driving some 6o years ago, when it seemed a pleasure, and even though not a terribly confident driver at first, made my way round Marble Arch without worrying too much.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Its a nice day here, mostly blue sky with plenty of sunshine.

We went to Viva in Blackpool to see Ibiza Dance Classics set to an orchestra, it was brilliant. 

Tonight we are at a Wine and Tapas night with friends so looking forward to that. I am making my birthday celebrations last as long as possible!  

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle

Always a good idea! Wine and tapas - lovely!

It’s just started raining here and Mum has had a little fall this morning! Not a great start to the day! John is working today and tomorrow but is off Monday when the weather is supposed to be dry so I’m hoping we can do something then.

Off to have my lunch now (salad wraps) then when John gets home we’re off to visit Mum.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Funboy said:

Don't the speed limits apply to cyclists as well?

I don't think so,just the support vehicles.As usual cyclists are a law unto themselves,that's gonna upset a few people,lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sorry, zap, I am a bit dim these days so don't see anything confusing about my comment, except that we were obviously contributing to the numbers.  I have this memory of driving some 6o years ago, when it seemed a pleasure, and even though not a terribly confident driver at first, made my way round Marble Arch without worrying too much.

Blimey LL,that was a baptism of fire.You can join my white van man club.

• Like 1