P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thank you to everyone for your condolences. It means a lot. We will always talk about her and have been telling them about what her and her younger sister used to get up to. Also one of her friends since nursery days have been telling them funny stories some even I hadn't heard. She packed a lot into her life never gave up. A year after her diagnosis she was team captain for the para england games (2015) she was with kadeema cox. She was hoping to go to Rio the following year as she won 3 gold medals in these games. But she took a turn for the worse early the following year and had to give up her hopes and dreams.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, delgirl said:

Had the worst weekend possible. We lost our eldest daughter on saturday. She had been under palliative care for a while with her MS. She was only 45. She leaves behind a husband, 3 children 21, 17 and 14 and 2 very devasted parents. Although we knew it was going to happen sooner rather than later we still can't get our heads round it. Will miss her forever.

I am so so sorry to read this. Sincere condolences to you all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning , 9c and dry with a possible 15.c today.

Two weeks away from firework night and up to now ,no one's being setting  them 

off early. Folks used to drive us daft leading up to bonfire night setting off air bombs

and the like.

They must be saving up for a cruise or heating up the house with their spare cash.

Hope you all have a good day   . Take Care 🙂

• Like 8

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Good morning , 9c and dry with a possible 15.c today.

Two weeks away from firework night and up to now ,no one's being setting  them 

off early. Folks used to drive us daft leading up to bonfire night setting off air bombs

and the like.

They must be saving up for a cruise or heating up the house with their spare cash.

Hope you all have a good day   . Take Care 🙂

Sadly we had two lots of fireworks locally last weekend. 🤬. The organised ones are not too bad as they tend to post on FB that they are going to happen. I have no problem with people enjoying them on the actual days- it’s the ones that are several weeks either side that irk me. Freddie hates them. I can play those videos of firework sounds at full volume and he’s not bothered, so I think he must “feel” the noise. Still, it’s a minor matter compared to posts on here recently.

Had my C booster yesterday. Sore arm and feeling slightly achy seem to be the only side effects so far. It’s the first time I’ve had the Moderna one...

Have a good day everyone.

x

• Like 8

16 hours ago, delgirl said:

Had the worst weekend possible. We lost our eldest daughter on saturday. She had been under palliative care for a while with her MS. She was only 45. She leaves behind a husband, 3 children 21, 17 and 14 and 2 very devasted parents. Although we knew it was going to happen sooner rather than later we still can't get our heads round it. Will miss her forever.

I am so sorry to hear this news, she was such a young age too. Many condolences to you and your family

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

🤬

Had my C booster yesterday. Sore arm and feeling slightly achy seem to be the only side effects so far. It’s the first time I’ve had the Moderna one...

Have a good day everyone.

x

I was sleepy for a couple of days, but as DW said...no change there then. I haven't got a clue which brand the  Lady pumped in my arm. Perhaps I should have looked...oh well, it must have worked, I had it last week. OK so far.

Just checked my NHS app. I had Modena. Happy with that as Ferrari got a one, two in the US gran Prix....Brian will get that.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I was sleepy for a couple of days, but as DW said...no change there then. I haven't got a clue which brand the  Lady pumped in my arm. Perhaps I should have looked...oh well, it must have worked, I had it last week. OK so far.

Just checked my NHS app. I had Modena. Happy with that as Ferrari got a one, two in the US gran Prix....Brian will get that.

LOL,stopped there a couple of times on our trips South.Nice that Lewis might get a better car next year.Where on the NHS app is the vacc info,I couldn't find it this morning only the dates,cheers,Brian.

I just ventured into the large Tesco Extra it is like some sort of mad world, I still need to call at my usual Tesco to get the things that I couldn't find and none of the staff seem to be able to say where things are.  To make matters worse a large section of the car park was taped off and swarming with police.  There was a Securicor van and a car in that area that looked as if they had crashed head on, I don't know if it was a  accident or an attempted robbery.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just ventured into the large Tesco Extra it is like some sort of mad world, I still need to call at my usual Tesco to get the things that I couldn't find and none of the staff seem to be able to say where things are.  To make matters worse a large section of the car park was taped off and swarming with police.  There was a Securicor van and a car in that area that looked as if they had crashed head on, I don't know if it was a  accident or an attempted robbery.

Air ambulance there as well (not sure if you saw that too).

It’s been a pain since the refit, which seemed to take forever!

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

LOL,stopped there a couple of times on our trips South.Nice that Lewis might get a better car next year.Where on the NHS app is the vacc info,I couldn't find it this morning only the dates,cheers,Brian.

On the GP health records tab. Medicines. Acute(short term ) medicines.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, puddledpotter said:

Air ambulance there as well (not sure if you saw that too).

It’s been a pain since the refit, which seemed to take forever!

I didn't see the air ambulance, but I just looked on Stoke-on-Trent Live and apparently the air ambulance landed on some spare ground on Longton Hall Road, I think probably near to St Paul's Church so they would have quite a run to get to Tesco including having to cross busy slip roads leading to the roundabout to get to and from the A50.

I usually avoid Longton Tesco preferring the relative calm at Meir Park which is also near closer to my school run on Sandon Road.

There was a bit of activity on the One Stop car park on Sandon Road today too, there was a Home Office Immigration van and a police van both  parked outside a pizza shop near to the car park entrance.  That car park is always full of parents / carers lihe me in cars waiting for their teenagers to get out of Sandon High.

Edited by Josy1953

45 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I didn't see the air ambulance, but I just looked on Stoke-on-Trent Live and apparently the air ambulance landed on some spare ground on Longton Hall Road, I think probably near to St Paul's Church so they would have quite a run to get to Tesco including having to cross busy slip roads leading to the roundabout to get to and from the A50.

I usually avoid Longton Tesco preferring the relative calm at Meir Park which is also near closer to my school run on Sandon Road.

There was a bit of activity on the One Stop car park on Sandon Road today too, there was a Home Office Immigration van and a police van both  parked outside a pizza shop near to the car park entrance.  That car park is always full of parents / carers lihe me in cars waiting for their teenagers to get out of Sandon High.

I saw the photo on SOT Live, but wasn’t sure where it had landed.  I avoid them all as much as possible by getting it delivered more often than not, lol, but yes Meir Park is better, right by my SIL too, so I get DH to pop in occasionally.  

Blimey, it’s all happening today!  A50 was closed eastbound earlier too, and Stoke at home tonight.

i went to Sandon waybackwhen.  

14 minutes ago, puddledpotter said:

I saw the photo on SOT Live, but wasn’t sure where it had landed.  I avoid them all as much as possible by getting it delivered more often than not, lol, but yes Meir Park is better, right by my SIL too, so I get DH to pop in occasionally.  

Blimey, it’s all happening today!  A50 was closed eastbound earlier too, and Stoke at home tonight.

i went to Sandon waybackwhen.  

I didn't really know where Sandon was until my niece's children went there and I took over the school run when she and her dad both became terminally ill and I was living in Lightwood so near enough to take over the school run so that my sister didn't have to do it.  I noticed the A50 was a carpark this afternoon when I went over it going to Weston Coyney.

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

This might sound a bit daft but does anyone know if P&O offer a stargazing evening on any of their ships weather permitting? We did one once on NCL and it was very interesting.

I have had one on a Northern Lights and toal eclipse cruise. I think it would depend on on the guest speaker though 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Air ambulance also landed at Wolstanton by M&S but again no further information from Stoke on Trent Live.

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I didn't really know where Sandon was until my niece's children went there and I took over the school run when she and her dad both became terminally ill and I was living in Lightwood so near enough to take over the school run so that my sister didn't have to do it.  I noticed the A50 was a carpark this afternoon when I went over it going to Weston Coyney.

I’m sorry about your niece and her dad.

We lived in Lightwood for 20+ years.

Beautiful photo Graham. It is grey and misty here.

I took my niece to school as usual but we were about 3/4 of a mile from their house when she remembered thar she needed her PE kit because she has PE first period this morning so I had to turn round and go back.  When we started off again I was worried that we were going to get to school late so I had to speed up a bit.  Fortunately all of the traffic lights were with us and we managed to get to school just on time for her to avoid a late detention.  What surprised me was the number of children still strolling towards school as I drove home.  That detention room will be packed at lunchtime today :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another nice sunny day here, we have been home for a week and the weather has been good. It has been nice to get out in the garden every day and get the jobs done in prep for the winter months. We still have flowers all around the garden whereas usually the frosts have taken their toll by now.

We did the big shop yesterday with visits to ASDA and Iceland (10% discount day for wrinklies) to refill the freezer. 

We also have new additions to the family as youngest Grandson has a new Cocapoo who we are going to see on Saturday. Plus oldest Grandson has also got a new Cockapoo who is a little cutie;

Narla.jpg

• Like 14