P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, DamianG said:

I have the day off work today to get things ready for our 7 day cruise tomorrow, first since 2019! I thought folks might be interested to know that we've been given a 12pm embarkation time which was a pleasant surprise. We're on deck 14 and after reading other cruiser's experiences I thought we'd be given a much later time. I don't know if our early slot is due to our Peninsular Club Caribbean tier status (so priority embarkation applies) or we've just got lucky but either way we're not complaining. Our son will be grumbling tomorrow morning though when we're trying to get him out of bed early so that we're on the road for 6:30am!

Have an amazing time.

I love seeing the sign “To the ship”, it gives me butterflies in my stomach every time

Michelle 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ccpm said:

May I even mention the C word in passing? Just to say I have been out and about and very few masks in the town centre but everywhere I go tales of family, neighbours, friends and just anybody testing positive. No getting into any debates but I hate the statements appearing all over social media that they have it and its just a cold. Good luck to them but ?????? for those who lost loved ones and those who continue to suffer. Please delete if post not allowed

Well after 2 years of avoiding 'IT' us Prestos are now stuck in the house for 5 days having tested positive yesterday. To be honest we thought it was a cold but today it feels like a really bad one and we are not taking it for granted. Looking back and thinking of others, if this feeling like a very bad cold is as bad as it gets we will be grateful. Someone had suggested we travel over the border to our caravan to hibernate there but that didn't feel right so we are staying home. The cat is more than happy.

Looks like a very lazy weekend from us then ... just hope we don't get the energy to check the holiday sites out too much as this could be an expensive 5 day isolation!!!!!!

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well after 2 years of avoiding 'IT' us Prestos are now stuck in the house for 5 days having tested positive yesterday. To be honest we thought it was a cold but today it feels like a really bad one and we are not taking it for granted. Looking back and thinking of others, if this feeling like a very bad cold is as bad as it gets we will be grateful. Someone had suggested we travel over the border to our caravan to hibernate there but that didn't feel right so we are staying home. The cat is more than happy.

Looks like a very lazy weekend from us then ... just hope we don't get the energy to check the holiday sites out too much as this could be an expensive 5 day isolation!!!!!!

Sorry to hear this.

I hope your symptoms subside quickly.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

What bad news for you both. It is a pity you weren’t in Wales when you tested positive because maybe you would have had to stay there. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear this.

I hope your symptoms subside quickly.

Take care.

Graham.

Thanks Graham - it really does feel like a terrible heavy head cold so we can not complain at all. Others have been far worse so if we have to have a heavy cold we can live with that and will be grateful 🙂

• Like 8

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

What bad news for you both. It is a pity you weren’t in Wales when you tested positive because maybe you would have had to stay there. 

I know ------ didn't think quick enough ! If you are over say hello to the sea for us. Won't be long for us now we hope

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Really sorry to hear this, hope you are both not too ill and recover quickly.

Looking on holiday sites seems like good entertainment to me

Take care 

Michelle

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry to hear this, hope it’s not to horrid for you. My neighbour and her daughter both went down with,  with them it was a mild cold like symptom hopefully yours will be no more than that. I have had a runny nose and headaches since Monday, but have tested negative 3 times, think it is probably hay fever as suffered at this time of year before. We are off to South Wales next week, so hopefully will stay negative.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry to read this. Hope you don't suffer too badly and have a speedy recovery.

Our neighbour went down with it last weekend and were supposed to joining Iona today.

Take care.

Pam

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a lovely view - one of the few things I envy.  I have a lovely view of my garden,  which is very pleasant and calming, but a high (lovely) Victorian  brick wall and fencing at the bottom of the garden stops a distant view - and it would be flat fields anyway, being in Lincolnshire.  On watching A Place in the Sun, occasionally, often the best thing about the properties shown is a great view of Spanish mountains, or the sea with some surrounding coastal interest.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

What a lovely view - one of the few things I envy.  I have a lovely view of my garden,  which is very pleasant and calming, but a high (lovely) Victorian  brick wall and fencing at the bottom of the garden stops a distant view - and it would be flat fields anyway, being in Lincolnshire.  On watching A Place in the Sun, occasionally, often the best thing about the properties shown is a great view of Spanish mountains, or the sea with some surrounding coastal interest.

Nice brick walls are good, and Lincolnshire has the advantage of not having been discovered yet. Not remotely flat in the Lincolnshire Wolds though! The A17 gives a false impression as people speed through.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lincslady said:

You wouldn't think in the middle of that, 200m from us is the single track East coast railway and 20m from that,the busy main road,lol.

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Nice brick walls are good, and Lincolnshire has the advantage of not having been discovered yet. Not remotely flat in the Lincolnshire Wolds though! The A17 gives a false impression as people speed through.

They are also bestowed with UK's noisiest motorway (M180) traveling from Doncaster to 

the coast on the ribbed concrete motorway surface keeps you alert :classic_smile:

• Like 1

I live in the flat bit - but no traffic noise.  And, yes, I had always wanted a high old brick wall with roses etc. growing against it, so that is a bonus.  The magnolia stellata with dwarf narcissus round the trunk is lovely; sadly beginning to lose its blossom.  Those of us who have gardens are very lucky; they help a lot with all the anxiety around at present, to keep calm and carry on.

• Like 8

We are home after a lovely week in Cornwall. However on Thursday we started getting cold symptoms, which didn't really surprise us as most of the people on the bus were coughing. The bus was full as was the hotel so we had said we would be amazed if we didn't get covid. We usually go and see MiL on Saturday who is in a care home, we said we wouldn't go anyway regardless of our test result. So with some trepidation took the tests, mine shot up to the letter C as usual and the red line appeared, nothing on the T line. Logged into the NHS site to log the results and as Mrs YP was reading out the ref number she said I had a faint line appearing on T which darkened after a few more minutes, any way we both have covid so looks like a quiet week at home. We both felt better this morning so hopefully just mild cold symptoms, mine isn't really much worse than the side effect of the first jab. The up side is that we will build up some natural immunity which will hopefully protect us through the summer. Apart from that we had a great holiday.

• Like 7

Than you for everyone' kind wishes. We are ploughing on and in a strange way taking the opportunity to do nothing at all and not feel guilty about it .... if that makes sense. 

Looking at that beautiful photo of the rainbow reminds me of Wales - just beautiful.

For some reason I have a sudden urge to research hotels in Lake Garda - shame no one does a cruise and stay in the the Italian Lakes

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We are home after a lovely week in Cornwall. However on Thursday we started getting cold symptoms, which didn't really surprise us as most of the people on the bus were coughing. The bus was full as was the hotel so we had said we would be amazed if we didn't get covid. We usually go and see MiL on Saturday who is in a care home, we said we wouldn't go anyway regardless of our test result. So with some trepidation took the tests, mine shot up to the letter C as usual and the red line appeared, nothing on the T line. Logged into the NHS site to log the results and as Mrs YP was reading out the ref number she said I had a faint line appearing on T which darkened after a few more minutes, any way we both have covid so looks like a quiet week at home. We both felt better this morning so hopefully just mild cold symptoms, mine isn't really much worse than the side effect of the first jab. The up side is that we will build up some natural immunity which will hopefully protect us through the summer. Apart from that we had a great holiday.

Oh no. Sorry to hear that, but as you say you should have some natural immunity for the next few months.

Look after yourselves.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Wishing you both a speedy recovery. Take care.

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Sorry to hear you both have Covid Phil.

Hopefully it stays mild and you get negative LFTs in 5 days time.

Pleased to hear you enjoyed your holiday in Cornwall.

Graham.

• Like 2