P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

making me feel unsettled today.....a rare 'off-day'.

I'm usually quite a happy person and coped well, with lockdown but I also had a couple of 'off' days about three weeks ago.

Back to  normal!🤥😂now.,  I think....so you will bounce back.  I don't think we would be anywhere near normal if we didn't feel  some hesitation during all this lark!  It will end.. one day.

• Like 5

Good morning folks. After reading the farce Andy & Dave went through last week

with the Flu jabs it prompted me to get ours booked at the local surgery .

This morning we were given a slot each 10.55 and 11.00 so pulled into the surgerys 

car park just under 10 minutes early .

I'm glad to say everyone had the same idea ,so it was not busy and a couple of minutes before

walked up to as meet and greet nurse who checked your name & appointment time before sending

us into the building where another nurse took you to the room for the Flu jab itself.

I thought it was good with the set up they had ,straight in no sitting down or touching anything ,

Hand sanitizer everywhere,everyone masked up and a one way in /out system. less than two minutes

and back out again . They must like me as they want me back next week for a Pneumonia jab as well .

I hope everyone else is getting their jabs as easy as I did today and Andy's Michelle gets hers sorted

sooner than later, I hope so.   Stay safe everyone ! :classic_smile:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I'm usually quite a happy person and coped well, with lockdown but I also had a couple of 'off' days about three weeks ago.

Back to  normal!🤥😂now.,  I think....so you will bounce back.  I don't think we would be anywhere near normal if we didn't feel  some hesitation during all this lark!  It will end.. one day.

I think Kent is pretty safe at the moment.Hope so because we will be with our daughter in Sevenoaks next week.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I think Kent is pretty safe at the moment.Hope so because we will be with our daughter in Sevenoaks next week.Cheers,Brian.

I think most areas in Kent seem to have below national average cases per 100,000 at the moment. Looking at the area checker Sevenoaks is particularly low.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Aah thanks for the good wishes everyone 😊.

@Adawn47 there was a funny story from my hen night, although rather a tame one! A friend at work decided to wind me up and every time I walked in a room she was whispering and immediately went quiet when I walked in. She knew the last thing I wanted was a stripper. Anyway on the night a stripper gram walked past our table to a different group!! Oh the relief ! My friend couldn’t believe her luck and said my face was a picture when he walked in 😂

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow then just in case. You never know. 😉😀

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Talking of injections.  My friend has to have regular B.12s.   During lockdown she was asked to wait in the surgery garden.  She was called forward and after checking names etc she was asked to poke her arm through the backdoor.  The injection then took place.

I know its a serious subject but we saw the funny side of it and it still makes us laugh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Talking of injections.  My friend has to have regular B.12s.   During lockdown she was asked to wait in the surgery garden.  She was called forward and after checking names etc she was asked to poke her arm through the backdoor.  The injection then took place.

I know its a serious subject but we saw the funny side of it and it still makes us laugh.

I wonder what the blokes have to do for a prostate checkup.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Our flu jabs where booked for early Oct, on Wednesday the surgery rang to ask if we could go that day, apparently a fridge had broken down and they had to use up the vaccine.

They were calling in all the oldies, so off we went and it was well organized.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Good morning all, it’s our 33rd wedding anniversary today( I was a child bride 😉) John is working though so we’re having Sunday lunch out tomorrow at a local restaurant- much more our style now to a Saturday night out! Coincidentally it’s the restaurant where I had my hen night 😃.

Happy 33rd wedding Anniversary sue & john , have a lovely day tomorrow enjoying your meal out  cheers 🍸

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning folks. After reading the farce Andy & Dave went through last week

with the Flu jabs it prompted me to get ours booked at the local surgery .

This morning we were given a slot each 10.55 and 11.00 so pulled into the surgerys 

car park just under 10 minutes early .

I'm glad to say everyone had the same idea ,so it was not busy and a couple of minutes before

walked up to as meet and greet nurse who checked your name & appointment time before sending

us into the building where another nurse took you to the room for the Flu jab itself.

I thought it was good with the set up they had ,straight in no sitting down or touching anything ,

Hand sanitizer everywhere,everyone masked up and a one way in /out system. less than two minutes

and back out again . They must like me as they want me back next week for a Pneumonia jab as well .

I hope everyone else is getting their jabs as easy as I did today and Andy's Michelle gets hers sorted

sooner than later, I hope so.   Stay safe everyone ! :classic_smile:

Went for ours this morning too and they had the exact system and strict protocols in place. Our appointments were for 11.15 and 11.20. We arrived early 10.55 and were both in and out at 11.01. We were back home before we should have even gone in!!😁 I expected it to be busy. Why aren't people in this area bothering with the flu jabs this year? 

Avril

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Went for ours this morning too and they had the exact system and strict protocols in place. Our appointments were for 11.15 and 11.20. We arrived early 10.55 and were both in and out at 11.01. We were back home before we should have even gone in!!😁 I expected it to be busy. Why aren't people in this area bothering with the flu jabs this year? 

Avril

I think its  more likely that the surgery was conservative in its timings, rather than people not having jabs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I'm having a jittery day today, can't settle to anything. I think it's the uncertainty of the whole pandemic situation that is making me feel unsettled today.....a rare 'off-day'.

We all get days like that and todays is no surprise really as it is a Sadderday but never mind it will soon 

be Sunday.

My wife said to cheer me up she will make a pan of stew today but it makes me feel sad when she puts

to much salt and pepper into it . Do you think it could be seasonal depression ? :classic_unsure:

I even saw a midget this morning and even he said he was not happy , so I asked him "Which one are you then ?"

Walking past the bakery ,even the cake in the window looked sad ,come to think of it " It was in Tiers " :classic_wacko:

I do hope your day gets better:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I'm having a jittery day today, can't settle to anything. Son is going up to London soon to meet a friend for a meal out and then going to a pub to watch the football later. I'd rather he didn't go but keeping my mouth shut, well reasonably shut anyway. I think I'll be following him around the house for the next little while cleaning everything he touches. He is very sensible and has stuck rigidly to the rules but is getting pretty stir crazy not going to London every day.

Also can't get my mind off all the talk of more restrictions being announced next week, we're supposed to be going to Devon for a week in two weeks time with our daughter, son-in-law and baby grandson, I have a feeling that it either won't go ahead or we'll be going on our own, but we'll have to see what is announced. I know there's worse things than a cancelled week away but I think it's the uncertainty of the whole pandemic situation that is making me feel unsettled today.....a rare 'off-day'.

I do sympathise - and you're very much in the majority, feeling that way, I'd guess.  Your son, fortunately, sounds very sensible - some aren't.

The family holiday would be a huge disappointment if it had to be changed or cancelled, but your safety is obviously very important.

It's a bad time at the moment, and a lot of people feel exactly as you do.  It would be odd if they didn't.  Things will get better as we learn how best to deal with Coronavirus and Covid, and at least we know a lot more about both now than we did when it first hit the UK several months ago.   🌞🌞🌞

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Speaking as someone who books medical appointments, they are spacing them out more so that they can clean inbetween appointments and so that people don’t meet each other in cramped corridors. Also asking people not to arrive too early.

I’ve been booking in spirometry tests this week - would you believe we’re doing them in the car park as a drive thru!! When I told one man he had to go to the car park he said would he be sold for slavery!! 

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I think its  more likely that the surgery was conservative in its timings, rather than people not having jabs.

I hope so wowzz, but they had them timed at 5 minute intervals with 4 doctors/nurses doing them. They had an area outside marked off too so they must have been expecting more. It was deserted  and even the staff inside were waiting around. It seemed strange under the circumstances. 

Avril

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I'm having a jittery day today, can't settle to anything. Son is going up to London soon to meet a friend for a meal out and then going to a pub to watch the football later. I'd rather he didn't go but keeping my mouth shut, well reasonably shut anyway. I think I'll be following him around the house for the next little while cleaning everything he touches. He is very sensible and has stuck rigidly to the rules but is getting pretty stir crazy not going to London every day.

Also can't get my mind off all the talk of more restrictions being announced next week, we're supposed to be going to Devon for a week in two weeks time with our daughter, son-in-law and baby grandson, I have a feeling that it either won't go ahead or we'll be going on our own, but we'll have to see what is announced. I know there's worse things than a cancelled week away but I think it's the uncertainty of the whole pandemic situation that is making me feel unsettled today.....a rare 'off-day'.

Oh bless you. Sounds like you’re going to Devon the same time as us- 3rd? 
Like you I feel I shouldn’t moan but I so want to just relax and see the sea. I had hoped it would be ok but I’m not getting excited about it yet, there’s so much conflicting information. We plan to eat in our cottage and have lots of walks so nothing unsafe. I keep waking up with a headache thinking about it all.

I bet you’ll feel better once your son is safely home. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Speaking as someone who books medical appointments, they are spacing them out more so that they can clean inbetween appointments and so that people don’t meet each other in cramped corridors. Also asking people not to arrive too early.

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

. It was deserted  and even the staff inside were waiting around. It seemed strange under the circumstances. 

Avril

I think it's two things happening here 1/ Sue and other staff like her are making sure we are all well spaced 

between our appointments. 2/ Like wise we ourselves were making sure we only walked towards the medical

centre a few minutes before we were due .

Compare that to last years pre-covid and the centre would be crammed with people . Last year you would overhear

people telling others they had met that "They were due in at 12:10 and they like to be early anyway " and it was only

coming up to 11am. It was causing crowds but no one seemed to mind back then .

This year is different even Mrs K was saying " even when we go inside I'm not sitting on any chairs "

Which was just as good because as same as the rest of us she never got the chance .

It was date of birth etc given the Jab and back out .

Given the choice of going back to last years traditional scrum or this years method , I would opt for 

this years method .It just seemed a lot better experience all round . Thankyou to all the staff :classic_smile:

• Like 3