P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Disaster struck though as we were going out… hubby had left a tin of paint covered over in cling film on the floor in the hall, our other dog jumped on it - you can imagine the result, dogs paws and our floor, bedding, sofa decking outside all covered in paint as she started running around the house in a panic. D-I -S-A-S-T-E-R!!!!

😱😱😱😱. I really feel for you Michelle and a newly laid floor, I would of cried, but if I watched it on YouTube mishaps I would of laughed my head off , I hope he gets it all cleaned up back to new .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Evening  meal tonight whilst out.Ok it's not posh nosh nor healthy but it was a Ruddles steak pie and we loved every bit of it 😋 😀 😊 20240520_185814.thumb.jpg.54735bf8545780479e583584fd7a1afa.jpg20240520_185807.thumb.jpg.afad37a0e1a8b35e82be6fbb1caf0fee.jpg

looking lovely Kalos, I prefer the good old fashioned dinners more than the fancy ones .

• Like 5

Well I’m awake now the foxes outside are yapping and woke me up and the birds are starting to sing , hopefully I’ll nod back off before the 6 o’clock alarm goes off but I’ve been awake a hour now and don’t think it’s going to happen.

• Like 7

Empathy from me, Purdey, I have been awake since 2 and admit to just making a hot toddy, might go back to sleep and luckily for me do not need an alarm.

I have two I think they are called earworms I just can't get rid of at present - watched Sky Arts to see  Simon and Garfunkel and then Roy Orbison, two of my old favourites, and now can't get In Dreams and Bridge over Troubled Water out of my silly head.

I hope everyone has a good day,  especially those who are not well and any poorly pets.

• Like 7

I have given up and got up for a cup of tea and to watch the news , I hope you ge5 to sleep soon after your hot toddy 😁 I love Roy Orbison and In Dreams he was my mum’s favourite and she always played his music at the weekends so it all rubbed of on me and now my daughters like his music too as I subjected them to listening to several hours of him while driving back from Germany every few months 😂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning.

7°C and overcast here.

Been awake for around an hour as it was light outside.

I have been playing golf again in my sleep even though arthritis stopped me playing several years ago.

I hope everyone is okay and we all have a good day.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

It was gloss, Richard currently on the floor trying to get it off, new floor as well!! Only had it put down in January 

Michelle

Oh that's the worst Michelle. I'm really sorry for you. I was following your house renovations at the time so knew it was a brand new floor. Do you think it can be saved? I truly hope so. Jane xx

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Oh that's the worst Michelle. I'm really sorry for you. I was following your house renovations at the time so knew it was a brand new floor. Do you think it can be saved? I truly hope so. Jane xx

Richard has managed to get most of it off thankfully. The dog still has some white patches mainly on her feet and tail. 

House renovations still ongoing, new outside door and adjoining window arrive next week and an island for the kitchen in June. We have started on gardens but as they have not been touched for two years it’s an uphill task.

Michelle

• Like 9

Good morning, the clouds are gradually rolling in and it's beginning to look a bit grey again.  Thankfully I had a good night with uninterrupted sleep.  Today I have my pre holiday catch up with the health coach and hopefully she will be pleased with my progress.  This afternoon the last of the packing to do.  I've decided to hell with worrying about my luggage and have added an extra case, I'm probably the only solo traveller with two huge cases and a holdall - the latter with a full range of boots, shoes, sandals and trainers! I'm looking forward to wearing all my new clothes now so why spoil things by not taking the shoes as well?  

Just been watching the BBC weather forecast for the coming days, oh the joy to hear of the massive amounts of rain in Scotland and the north over the course of the week, I just hope the "better" for the weekend forecast is true! 

I hope all the clean ups are successful and send as ever best wishes and prayers for those who are sick and hopefully on the mend.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Richard has managed to get most of it off thankfully. The dog still has some white patches mainly on her feet and tail. 

House renovations still ongoing, new outside door and adjoining window arrive next week and an island for the kitchen in June. We have started on gardens but as they have not been touched for two years it’s an uphill task.

Michelle

Oh Michelle, just catching up on posts. What a disaster. Richard must really be in the dog house. I hope it all gets sorted quickly.

Jennizor

X

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm just back from the school run, both teenagers this morning but only one to pick up this afternoon. The boy has an exam and will walk home.

I remember how strict our school was about skirt lengths but today I stopped at the crossing outside the school and noticed a girl whose skirt was above the bottom of her blazer.  My niece said that when that girl gets into school she will have to spend the day in the isolation room.

It is 12° at the moment and should get up to 16° later with a chance of rain which I am hoping will clear before we have to play our bowling match that was rained off last Thursday.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

It should be covered by the house insurance, if it has have accidental damage cover. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I remember how strict our school was about skirt lengths but today I stopped at the crossing outside the school and noticed a girl whose skirt was above the bottom of her blazer.  My niece said that when that girl gets into school she will have to spend the day in the isolation room

On strict skirt lengths, I have a friend who told me when she was at school one of the teachers used to make them bend over to see if knickers were displayed by doing so!  She thought it was quite normal and didn't understand why I was appalled.  Worse it was her head of house male teacher ...

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 3

In the 'olden days' as now skirt lengths went up and down with fashion.  When minis were in, our school skirts had to be well on the ground when you knelt down, and within a year or so they had to show your knees when midis came in.  It was easy to break the rules when short was in fashion by rolling your skirt up at the waistline as soon as you were out of the school grounds, of course.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

On strict skirt lengths, I have a friend who told me when she was at school one of the teachers used to make them bend over to see if knickers were displayed by doing so!  She thought it was quite normal and didn't understand why I was appalled.  Worse it was her head of house male teacher ...

Goodness!!  There would be all manner of legal problems for that teacher today.

Avril

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm just back from the school run, both teenagers this morning but only one to pick up this afternoon. The boy has an exam and will walk home.

I remember how strict our school was about skirt lengths but today I stopped at the crossing outside the school and noticed a girl whose skirt was above the bottom of her blazer.  My niece said that when that girl gets into school she will have to spend the day in the isolation room.

It is 12° at the moment and should get up to 16° later with a chance of rain which I am hoping will clear before we have to play our bowling match that was rained off last Thursday.

Have a good day everyone.

Having done the school run recently for my grandchildren I think some teachers should spend the day in the isolation room. In a lot of cases their standard of dress is poor and does not set a good example for pupils.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, lincslady said:

In the 'olden days' as now skirt lengths went up and down with fashion.  When minis were in, our school skirts had to be well on the ground when you knelt down, and within a year or so they had to show your knees when midis came in.  It was easy to break the rules when short was in fashion by rolling your skirt up at the waistline as soon as you were out of the school grounds, of course.

When I was at school,(late 50's early 60's) it was either no longer than just covering your  knees to no shorter than just showing your knees. What never changed was the navy blue knickers for gym or games,🤣 or those awful berets we had to wear when coming to, or leaving school🥴

Avril

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

looking lovely Kalos, I prefer the good old fashioned dinners more than the fancy ones .

We seem to be getting emails from the chains every day. Harvester and Toby carvery 25%off. Flaming grill, bogoff burgers on Thursday. Gail has a taste card, 50% off. Don't these people know I'm trying to loose some weight.🤣

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I think that male teacher was acting very inappropriately and nowadays he would be in big trouble.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

When I was at school,(late 50's early 60's) it was either no longer than just covering your  knees to no shorter than just showing your knees. What never changed was the navy blue knickers for gym or games,🤣 or those awful berets we had to wear when coming to, or leaving school🥴

Avril

The girls wore navy blue knickers for sports activities at my grammar school 1968-1973.

We boys wore shorts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It should be covered by the house insurance, if it has have accidental damage cover. 

We do but probably won’t need it thankfully 

Michelle

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Regardless of fashion our school rule was that when we knelt down the skirt  hem had to touch the floor.  I remember that we all used roll the the waistband over so that they looked shorter but then roll them down if we were checked.  The other silly rule was that hair that was more than chin length had to be tied back off the face and anyone not obeying that rule would be sent to the office for a piece of string to tie it back.

Our hats  were another strictly enforced rule, DH has just reminded me that the boys from the comprehensive school near by, which he went to, used to wait until the bus was almost at the stop then they would snatch our hats and throw them over the church yard wall so that we would miss the bus.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The girls wore navy blue knickers for sports activities at my grammar school 1968-1973.

We boys wore shorts.

Our knickers were bottle green because our uniform was bottle green with a green and purple striped tie, our waist sashes were purple, green, blue, yellow or red depending on which house were in.  

My S-i-L and I often laugh about the silly rules because she went to the same school, she was obviously well behaved because she made it to head girl.

• Like 2

I went to an all girls' school, with a 'brother' school a few miles away.  I remember navy blue sturdy knickers for gym, and general wear, with white 'linings' (changed every day, hopefully) underneath, but for games we had those shorts which look like a divided skirt.  Our games field was outside the school boundary, and very visible from the road, so maybe that is why we had the more prim and proper dress.  We wore pudding bowl hats with a brim, and used to fold the crown up so that it was shallower and more fetching!  (Though still not very fetching, especially with elastic under the chin).  Seems like centuries ago.  The good thing about uniforms rigidly enforced was that no one could show off more expensive outfits, and I personally think that is still a good idea - though with very different uniforms of course.  How schools cope with trans pupils must be a nightmare though.

• Like 6