P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. 

I have to take our Cavalier for a check up at the animal eye hospital in Penrith this morning, another check up following her operation in January. It should be a nice drive up through the Lake District with the sunny weather. 

Have a lovely day everyone whatever you are doing.

Michell

Enjoy your drive up to the Lake District and I hope your dog passes the health check with plenty of waggling tails 🐶

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Slight difference here though, we actually reported ourselves as we did to EUFA.  We will be damned whatever we do by other fans. Chelsea have accepted the punishment given on two occasions, didn't go to appeal spent a year under a player embargo and paid the EUFA fine last year.  It's not the club or the current ownership who make the decision on the penalties for misdemeanours and breaches, it's the various hierarchies.  We accepted wrong doing and paid up.

Other teams have squirmed and wriggled to get off the hook, City among them along with the big Spanish and Italian teams. The situation with Everton, Foredt and Leicester is ridiculous but Chelsea or for that matter City, are not responsible for that decision.  The constant pushing for investigations of Arsenal and Totttenham is growing yet their "crimes" seem to be related to building new stadiums for the benefit of their fans.  Unlike Man City and West Ham no one came along and gave them what effectively belonged to the tax payers of Manchester and London for virtual peppercorn rents compared with market rates in those two cities.

Yeah but West Ham does cut the grass now and then.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Yeah but West Ham does cut the grass now and then.

Hopefully with a gold bladed lawnmower for the money they made on the sale of Upton Park.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

We have had an interesting start to our week when we arose to find thick black soot all over the front part of our lounge, covering the light coloured newish carpet, gas fire and coating everywhere in the room in a layer of soot. There was also the frantic flapping of wings behind the fire.

I did the useful thing of freaking out (at the thoughts of some poor bird stuck in the chimney behind the fire) while hubby contacted the plumber to get the fire off the wall and wept hysterically at the mess that was once our carpet. Ironically, our elderly cat wasn't the slightest bit interested .............

Thankfully the plumbers came within about 3 hrs after another job for us and discovered the problem. Not one pigeon as we thought, but 2 black birds - a male and female - and a large twig! Either they were not very good at nest building or love was in the air and it quite literally brought the house down.

Oh well, the birds have now flown (bet she is giving him an earful) and we have cleaned up. Well apart from the HUGE black mess on the carpet we will have to deal with.

We were told that we could not have a cowl fitted to the chimney as the fire was still in use, but apparently there are new types now so that is one of the first jobs we get done in the coming weeks.

I need a lie down now .... 

• Like 14

@Josy1953

You are in rather a dilemma at the moment Josy but imo, have made the more sensible decision. If those plans were to be passed, the value of your property would have fallen. It's a big gamble I know, but one that we would also have taken in the same situation. 

I'm sure you will find a place that will suit you both, still keep you close to everybody and everything, yet also give you peace of mind.

Good luck. x

Avril

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We have had an interesting start to our week when we arose to find thick black soot all over the front part of our lounge, covering the light coloured newish carpet, gas fire and coating everywhere in the room in a layer of soot. There was also the frantic flapping of wings behind the fire.

I did the useful thing of freaking out (at the thoughts of some poor bird stuck in the chimney behind the fire) while hubby contacted the plumber to get the fire off the wall and wept hysterically at the mess that was once our carpet. Ironically, our elderly cat wasn't the slightest bit interested .............

Thankfully the plumbers came within about 3 hrs after another job for us and discovered the problem. Not one pigeon as we thought, but 2 black birds - a male and female - and a large twig! Either they were not very good at nest building or love was in the air and it quite literally brought the house down.

Oh well, the birds have now flown (bet she is giving him an earful) and we have cleaned up. Well apart from the HUGE black mess on the carpet we will have to deal with.

We were told that we could not have a cowl fitted to the chimney as the fire was still in use, but apparently there are new types now so that is one of the first jobs we get done in the coming weeks.

I need a lie down now .... 

Oh my word, I would have been in a panic too. I'm glad you got it all dealt with, apart from the carpet of course. You can hire heavy duty cleaners for the carpet. They give a really deep clean, much better than the domestic ones.

Can I just ask......are you sure they were Blackbirds and not just black birds?😉

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all, it’s bright and sunny here and I hope you all had a great weekend, well today is my last day before flying tomorrow to Tokyo to meet the Queen Elizabeth ship for our 2 week cruise, it will be our first time on Cunard and our first fly cruise but as yet we can not check in but check-in is open on the app it says so a little concerned there, I will try and post some pictures while I’m a way of nature only using the free internet while on land .

Megabear I hope you have a lovely cruise on Cunard too later this week.

Anyone else going on holiday soon i hope you all have a great holiday and everyone else staying home I hope the weather will be warm and sunny for you all.

So all my work is done, cases packed, beauty regime done , Andys hair has been scalped to the bear skin 😡 new hair dresser, off out to dinner tonight to our favourite restaurant so a chill out day apart from checking in .

Have an fantastic holiday, I will look forward to seeing any pics you can post

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We are back from the eye Hosp with our Cavalier, her eyesight is nearly perfect, next check up in 6 months. So relieved as she nearly lost her eye in January. 

Disaster struck though as we were going out… hubby had left a tin of paint covered over in cling film on the floor in the hall, our other dog jumped on it - you can imagine the result, dogs paws and our floor, bedding, sofa decking outside all covered in paint as she started running around the house in a panic. D-I -S-A-S-T-E-R!!!!

Michelle

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We are back from the eye Hosp with our Cavalier, her eyesight is nearly perfect, next check up in 6 months. So relieved as she nearly lost her eye in January. 

Disaster struck though as we were going out… hubby had left a tin of paint covered over in cling film on the floor in the hall, our other dog jumped on it - you can imagine the result, dogs paws and our floor, bedding, sofa decking outside all covered in paint as she started running around the house in a panic. D-I -S-A-S-T-E-R!!!!

Michelle

OMG. Bet there’s paint everywhere. Think your husband should be in the dog house tho!

So pleased it was good news at eye hospital for the cavalier!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

OMG. Bet there’s paint everywhere. Think your husband should be in the dog house tho!

So pleased it was good news at eye hospital for the cavalier!

He is def in the dog house!! To make it worse he text me to say he forgot to collect the dogs repeat prescription from the vets so I have to go do that now

Michelle

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh my word, I would have been in a panic too. I'm glad you got it all dealt with, apart from the carpet of course. You can hire heavy duty cleaners for the carpet. They give a really deep clean, much better than the domestic ones.

Can I just ask......are you sure they were Blackbirds and not just black birds?😉

Avril

Might have been white doves at one time sis.Fitting gas fires was one of my skills as a gas fitter.They were lucky birds,most end up as KFC,bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all, it’s bright and sunny here and I hope you all had a great weekend, well today is my last day before flying tomorrow to Tokyo to meet the Queen Elizabeth ship for our 2 week cruise, it will be our first time on Cunard and our first fly cruise but as yet we can not check in but check-in is open on the app it says so a little concerned there, I will try and post some pictures while I’m a way of nature only using the free internet while on land .

Megabear I hope you have a lovely cruise on Cunard too later this week.

Anyone else going on holiday soon i hope you all have a great holiday and everyone else staying home I hope the weather will be warm and sunny for you all.

So all my work is done, cases packed, beauty regime done , Andys hair has been scalped to the bear skin 😡 new hair dresser, off out to dinner tonight to our favourite restaurant so a chill out day apart from checking in .

Have a great cruise, we did Japan on QE last year a loved it. Great country and great ship.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The first one that appeared was a black blackbird.. then as they were trying to catch him out popped another one the same size bit dark brown... she left black soot behind her !!!

• Like 3

Michelle

Oh no .... hope it wasn't gloss ....

• Like 2

@Purdey16  So excited for you. Have a good flight and a wonderful holiday on the beautiful Queen Elizabeth.

@Presto2 and @Peanut006 I'm so sorry to hear about your animal / husband related catastrophes today. I hope you both manage to get things cleaned up without too many after- effects. It's so upsetting to see your beautiful homes in a state through no fault of your own. Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

He is def in the dog house!! To make it worse he text me to say he forgot to collect the dogs repeat prescription from the vets so I have to go do that now

Michelle

Why do we keep them ? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Evening  meal tonight whilst out.Ok it's not posh nosh nor healthy but it was a Ruddles steak pie and we loved every bit of it 😋 😀 😊 20240520_185814.thumb.jpg.54735bf8545780479e583584fd7a1afa.jpg20240520_185807.thumb.jpg.afad37a0e1a8b35e82be6fbb1caf0fee.jpg

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Evening  meal tonight whilst out.Ok it's not posh nosh nor healthy but it was a Ruddles steak pie and we loved every bit of it 😋 😀 😊 20240520_185814.thumb.jpg.54735bf8545780479e583584fd7a1afa.jpg20240520_185807.thumb.jpg.afad37a0e1a8b35e82be6fbb1caf0fee.jpg

It looks lovely Kalos.

Thank you for posting your food pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Oh no .... hope it wasn't gloss ....

It was gloss, Richard currently on the floor trying to get it off, new floor as well!! Only had it put down in January 

Michelle

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kalos said:

That looks yummy

Michelle

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It was gloss, Richard currently on the floor trying to get it off, new floor as well!! Only had it put down in January 

Michelle

Oh no.

I hope Richard can clean the gloss paint off your new floor 🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Oh no that's even worse. Makes my black carpet seem a minor problem !!!

• Like 3