P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

53 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning we also have a bright sunny day with a breeze .

Yesterday afternoon we were sat in the garden and was saying how calm 

and peaceful it was,the next thing an almighty breeze came from nowhere,

just like a draught off an express train..

Hope you all have a good day take care .

Same thing happened to us and blew my glasses right off of the table. Luckily they fell lens side up and no damage. 

• Like 7

Good Morning

A lovely much- cooler day here today with a brisk breeze blowing. Marvellous! So much better than the humid, dehydrating past few days. Love it.

An early wake-up for me too today - 4.45am - so I got up to work on my agenda for our residents' meeting today. I'm chairing so I mustn't waffle too much!

Football starts again tomorrow and Wimbledon on Monday. I'm in sport heaven.

Best wishes to all who are sailing this weekend and commiserations to those coming home.

Have a great weekend everyone. Jane xx

• Like 10

Good morning.

It was much cooler last night and I slept very well, apart from the occasional trip across the landing that is😉

It's cloudy and breezy here at the moment and a cool 12c. It isn't forecast to be higher than 16c, so just nice for gardeing. It's been too hot to do anything so the jobs have built up. I have enjoyed the lounging about though😁

I hope you all have an enjoyable day whatever you're up to, whether on land or sea.x

Avril

• Like 11

Morning all, sunny here but much fresher. Was extremely hot the last two days, I don’t mind it being a bit cooler but not happy we’ve got rain expected next week!

Happy belated anniversary to @Caullkhead for Wednesday.

@Beckett Jane I completely agree with you re Ronaldo.

I’ve got Spain in a sweep so pleased with how they’re doing so far 🤞

A couple of evenings ago we sat in our garden in the evening and started our lovely Albariño wine we bought from our vineyard tour.

IMG_1407.jpeg

• Like 15

Rubbish day here today, cold damp and breezy. We went to see friends in Burnley yesterday where they had heavy rain in the afternoon as we did on the way home, there had obviously been no rain here. 

We had a drive to Junction 32 this morning and had a Costa breakfast and a mooch around, a good morning as I spent nowt. Nearly the weekend again, happy cruising to those lucky enough to be setting sail and enjoy whatever for those that aren't.

image.thumb.jpeg.28b6a13f319acd4628af91a5d12b0933.jpeg

• Haha 18

Just now, P&O SUE said:

I keep getting emails from P&O offering me incentives to book again! I wish they wouldn’t, we agreed we’d wait a while before booking again we found the pre cruise weeks so stressful with my mum 😞

How is your mam now Sue?.

Sending best wishes to you.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

How is your mam now Sue?.

Sending best wishes to you.

Thanks Graham. She’s ok thanks, I did get a phone call from the nurse yesterday to say she’d ’had a small choking episode’ but was ok. My mum huffs when I tell her I’ve had a call! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Rubbish day here today, cold damp and breezy. We went to see friends in Burnley yesterday where they had heavy rain in the afternoon as we did on the way home, there had obviously been no rain here. 

We had a drive to Junction 32 this morning and had a Costa breakfast and a mooch around, a good morning as I spent nowt. Nearly the weekend again, happy cruising to those lucky enough to be setting sail and enjoy whatever for those that aren't.

image.thumb.jpeg.28b6a13f319acd4628af91a5d12b0933.jpeg

....Or when you book a Princess cabin! 😲

• Haha 3

On 6/27/2024 at 6:05 PM, Splice the mainbrace said:

Our car insurance is due for renewal in July it was £300 2 years ago and £340 last year, I’ve already had an information email from LV saying about the increasing cost of parts and labour etc so I’m expecting a substantial increase. I’m with Direct Line for our house insurance so yesterday I did an online quote with them but that came out at £600+!!. I’ll try a comparison site  as well before the renewal date.

As expected my car insurance renewal from LV came through the post today it's gone up to £410 from £340 a 20% rise, to be honest I was fearing that it could be more. I'll phone up a see if they will knock some money off, sometimes they do and sometimes not. I'll also do an online comparison site and see where the LV cost broadly sits. LV is a good company so I don't mind paying a bit more.

• Like 3

I think you may find that is not too bad a rise, actually. And they are a good company - however, I have just had to stop driving as they more than doubled mine, entirely due to my nearly  reaching a certain age!  Certainly worth having a look elsewhere of course.

Not a bad morning here, and pleasantly cooler.  I hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

As expected my car insurance renewal from LV came through the post today it's gone up to £410 from £340 a 20% rise, to be honest I was fearing that it could be more. I'll phone up a see if they will knock some money off, sometimes they do and sometimes not. I'll also do an online comparison site and see where the LV cost broadly sits. LV is a good company so I don't mind paying a bit more.

My car and house insurances are with LV and both went up around 20% earlier this year- very much like everything else (travel ins, pet ins etc etc).

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Gill

Edited by Angel57
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

My car and house insurances are with LV and both went up around 20% earlier this year- very much like everything else (travel ins, pet ins etc etc).

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Gill

Another LV customer. Car insurance rose by more than I liked but a quick phone call knocked about £50 off the premium that made it OK. Home insurance renewed a few days ago went up by less than 5% which I didn’t feel was too bad. 

• Like 5

I use Direct Line same here last year rose from £218 to £332 which was more

than I liked but prices were going  through the roof for everything.

The powers that be, claim inflation is falling so in a couple of months time 

we will have to see what they ask for but will look elsewhere if needed.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Good morning all , I have returned home from the Lake District and we had a very enjoyable 4 days visiting the area and playing on boats on lake Windermere, & Coniston lake , we had wonderful weather during the days and windy and rain during the last two nights .

Ive unpacked and down the washing and now repacking for our trip on Monday to surprise father in-law in fuerteventura for his 90th , this time for a bit more relaxing holiday with hired car rather than looking after him and housework/ cooking.

Hope you’re all keeping well and happy and enjoying this wonderful weather we have been having and lets hope more is to come for the summer especially for those of us that can’t get away anymore.

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all , I have returned home from the Lake District and we had a very enjoyable 4 days visiting the area and playing on boats on lake Windermere, & Coniston lake , we had wonderful weather during the days and windy and rain during the last two nights .

Ive unpacked and down the washing and now repacking for our trip on Monday to surprise father in-law in fuerteventura for his 90th , this time for a bit more relaxing holiday with hired car rather than looking after him and housework/ cooking.

Hope you’re all keeping well and happy and enjoying this wonderful weather we have been having and lets hope more is to come for the summer especially for those of us that can’t get away anymore.

I'm pleased to hear you had a nice time in the Lake District and your visit to Fuerteventura on Monday sounds nice.

I hope you both have a wonderful time and happy birthday to your FIL.

14°C and raining here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

I think you may find that is not too bad a rise, actually. And they are a good company - however, I have just had to stop driving as they more than doubled mine, entirely due to my nearly  reaching a certain age!  Certainly worth having a look elsewhere of course.

Not a bad morning here, and pleasantly cooler.  I hope everyone has a good day.

I did a car insurance comparison last night to see what I could get after my £410 LV renewal quote and I could get it for £245 from Swintons but there is a £275 RAC 5 star defaqto policy quote which looks good. I’ve been with LV for many years, never had to use them for claims though, and they are a good company but being nearly 50% more needs thinking about.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I did a car insurance comparison last night to see what I could get after my £410 LV renewal quote and I could get it for £245 from Swintons but there is a £275 RAC 5 star defaqto policy quote which looks good. I’ve been with LV for many years, never had to use them for claims though, and they are a good company but being nearly 50% more needs thinking about.

Don't these car insurance companies reduce prices now for loyal customers that have no claims? We haven't needed car insurance for some time now so I'm not up to date with it any longer.

Avril

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't these car insurance companies reduce prices now for loyal customers that have no claims? We haven't needed car insurance for some time now so I'm not up to date with it any longer.

Avril

Unfortunately not, in fact they changed the law three years ago to stop the insurers charging their existing customers more than new ones.  Apparently according to the AA this has helped push all insurance costs much higher and this change is very much responsible for the hikes in home, pet etc insurance too.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/article/posing-as-a-new-customer-can-still-get-you-cheaper-car-insurance-despite-loyalty-penalty-ban-am6Ns6u666Y2

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1