P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We are now laughing at our antics yesterday!

We fancied a coffee so popped into Greggs for coffee and a sausage roll.   OH then decided to drive to  a local Country Park\Quay. (I was  holding one coffee)

I joked asking him if his intentions in the Country Park  were honourable etc,  sadly they were, although I can't repeat his reply.  

Suddenly there was a big speed bump and down onto my lap loads of the scolding  coffee went went.  I yelled stop, park, help.  He pointed to a bottle of water in the side panel.    Well he parked near some trees,but even so, goodness knows what anyone thought.   Me trying to get my trousers down, still in the car,  throwing a bottle of water at my legs, then squirming trying to get wet trousers up.  I think our street cred would have gone up.. two old dodderers trying to have fun🤣🤣We dream!!

Luckily I think our quick action worked.  A bit of redness but all well.  Mind you the ride home was uncomfortable, wet trousers and drawers and wet seat.

I bet that brought back memories, but I don't really know what you mean. 😉🤣

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We fancied a coffee so popped into Greggs for coffee and a sausage roll.   OH then decided to drive to  a local Country Park\Quay.)

I joked asking him if his intentions in the Country Park  were honourable etc,  

Well he parked near some trees,but even so, goodness knows what anyone thought.   Me trying to get my trousers down, still in the car,  throwing a bottle of water at my legs, then squirming trying to get wet trousers up.  

Luckily I think our quick action worked.  A bit of redness but all well.  Mind you the ride home was uncomfortable, wet trousers and drawers and wet seat.

Graham & Pauline don't have these problems when they park up with a Greggs 😉🙃

And they give us photo's 🤣

Hope your ok and no harm done 🙂

• Haha 11

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Graham & Pauline don't have these problems when they park up with a Greggs 😉🙃

Hope your ok and no harm done 🙂

I remember about 40 years ago we went to a hotel in Newquay.

At breakfast time I had shorts on and the waitress brought our food then started pouring our coffee.

Somehow she missed my cup and was pouring the hot coffee on my leg which caused me to jump up.

• Haha 6

On our first cruise the waiter was pouring my hubby some water into his glass and accidentally dropped the water jug.
He was soaked and had to go back to the cabin to change. The next night hubby came into the dining room wearing a waterproof poncho, it gave the table and waiters a laugh

Michelle

• Haha 16

We had a nasty incident nearly 30 years ago when visiting a pub for lunch. At the time our youngest son was 6 months old and we asked if they could warm his feeding bottle, they brought a glass jug with near boiling water in it and put it on the table. After a while there was a bang and the jug ‘exploded’ and very hot water poured over the table into my wife’s lap narrowly missing our baby son who was sitting in a carry seat next to her. My wife’s thighs badly blistered and had to go to A&E for treatment. The jug must have either been not Pyrex or damaged. It doesn’t bear thinking about if it had gone on our son.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

We are now laughing at our antics yesterday!

We fancied a coffee so popped into Greggs for coffee and a sausage roll.   OH then decided to drive to  a local Country Park\Quay. (I was  holding one coffee)

I joked asking him if his intentions in the Country Park  were honourable etc,  sadly they were, although I can't repeat his reply.  

Suddenly there was a big speed bump and down onto my lap loads of the scolding  coffee went went.  I yelled stop, park, help.  He pointed to a bottle of water in the side panel.    Well he parked near some trees,but even so, goodness knows what anyone thought.   Me trying to get my trousers down, still in the car,  throwing a bottle of water at my legs, then squirming trying to get wet trousers up.  I think our street cred would have gone up.. two old dodderers trying to have fun🤣🤣We dream!!

This reminds me of an old joke;

One day, as a husband and wife are eating lunch at the local tavern, the husband leans over to his wife and says, “Do you remember the first time we made love together, more than 50 years ago? We went behind this tavern, where you leaned against the back fence.”

“Yes,” she says while blushing. “I remember it well.”

“How about taking a stroll around there again and we can do it for old time’s sake?” he asks.

“Oh Jim, you old devil, that sounds like a crazy – but good -idea!”

A police officer sitting in the next booth hears their conversation and, having a chuckle, thinks to himself, I’ve got to see these two old timers getting it on. I’ll just keep an eye on them so there’s no trouble. So he follows.

The elderly couple walk along, aided by walking sticks. Finally, they get to the back of the tavern and make their way to the fence. As the old lady leans against the fence, the old man makes his move.

Suddenly they erupt into the most furious love-making the policeman has ever seen. This goes on for about 10 minutes while both are making loud noises and moaning and screaming. Finally, they both collapse, panting on the ground.

The policeman is amazed. He thinks he has learnt something about life and old age that he didn’t know.

After about half an hour of lying on the ground recovering, the old couple struggle to their feet and put their clothes back on.

The policeman is still watching and thinks to himself, “This is truly amazing, I’ve got to ask them what their secret is.”

So, as the couple passes, he says to them, “Excuse me, I don’t mean to be rude, but that was something else. You must’ve had a fantastic sex life together. Is there some sort of secret to this?”

Shaking, the old man is barely able to reply,

“Fifty years ago, that wasn’t an electric fence.”

• Haha 19

29 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

This reminds me of an old joke;

One day, as a husband and wife are eating lunch at the local tavern, the husband leans over to his wife and says, “Do you remember the first time we made love together, more than 50 years ago? We went behind this tavern, where you leaned against the back fence.”

“Yes,” she says while blushing. “I remember it well.”

“How about taking a stroll around there again and we can do it for old time’s sake?” he asks.

“Oh Jim, you old devil, that sounds like a crazy – but good -idea!”

A police officer sitting in the next booth hears their conversation and, having a chuckle, thinks to himself, I’ve got to see these two old timers getting it on. I’ll just keep an eye on them so there’s no trouble. So he follows.

The elderly couple walk along, aided by walking sticks. Finally, they get to the back of the tavern and make their way to the fence. As the old lady leans against the fence, the old man makes his move.

Suddenly they erupt into the most furious love-making the policeman has ever seen. This goes on for about 10 minutes while both are making loud noises and moaning and screaming. Finally, they both collapse, panting on the ground.

The policeman is amazed. He thinks he has learnt something about life and old age that he didn’t know.

After about half an hour of lying on the ground recovering, the old couple struggle to their feet and put their clothes back on.

The policeman is still watching and thinks to himself, “This is truly amazing, I’ve got to ask them what their secret is.”

So, as the couple passes, he says to them, “Excuse me, I don’t mean to be rude, but that was something else. You must’ve had a fantastic sex life together. Is there some sort of secret to this?”

Shaking, the old man is barely able to reply,

“Fifty years ago, that wasn’t an electric fence.”

Reading that shocked me….but not as much as the old dear obviously!

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, kalos said:

🙂😃Eeeeerm   not a pretty sight these days!!!!

Not my  words   "never has get em off quick" meant so little!!😊

• Haha 7

On 7/10/2024 at 11:46 AM, Megabear2 said:

Just packed our bags for our Scottish adventure and totally at a loss what to take!  Looks like two dry days, the rest hovering between Cloudy with showers, drizzle and downpours.  Friday looks the best day and as I'm on my own that day (typical) as my husband is going across to Glasgow for a client visit I've booked myself a hire car to visit the Falkirk Wheel, Kelpies and Linlithgow which I didn't make last month from Queen Anne.  I hope Miss Google can help me get there okay or I might get very lost!

Flying out of Heathrow tomorrow - fingers crossed - BA just emailed to say the flight is now full due to people rebooking from the fiasco earlier in the week.  Couldn't even get seats together when I looked earlier in the week so we are stuck in rows 21 and 23 right near the back.  They've also asked we check our hand luggage free of charge so it sounds like it isn't going to be much fun! Our original flight changed a month back and this one is two hours later so it will fall into the interesting category.

Saturday is Edinburgh Castle Paul Weller day, forecast is damp and drizzle until 7.00pm, hopefully dry after that so fingers crossed.  I've been distracted so forgot to book anything for food but have just reserved somewhere called The White Hart for an early meal before the concert.  It claims to be the oldest pub in Edinburgh, but I've visited so many "oldest pubs" over the years I can't help but wonder!  The Scottish menu looks interesting though with plenty of Cullen skink and haggis, I just hope it is good as I'm in trouble for forgetting to organise food whilst in Edinburgh - I'm told rather sarcastically that if we can't find something tomorrow there's McDonalds on Queen Street ...

Hope everyone is on the mend, blood pressures are normalising and that England surprise us all and play like Brazil '70!  Have a great day all.

I hope you have a lovely time and the weather is kind to you (but bring waterproofs and sunscreen as you may need them both).

Just a word of warning for your husband. The rail timetable changed yesterday to an emergency timetable as drivers are on an overtime ban. The main line between Glasgow and Edinburgh is down to twice an hour and peak services are busy. If he had already checked times for his trip to Glasgow he may need to check again.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of in the Grassmarket then the White Hart is what it says on the tin, a pub with food. I’ve eaten in a few of the pubs down there and they are nice but just don’t expect a gourmet offerings, just decent hot food and good beer. The Grassmarket is indeed an old part of the city but some of the pubs can be, shall we say, aimed at American tourists. Handy for the Castle after.

Have a super break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I hope you have a lovely time and the weather is kind to you (but bring waterproofs and sunscreen as you may need them both).

Just a word of warning for your husband. The rail timetable changed yesterday to an emergency timetable as drivers are on an overtime ban. The main line between Glasgow and Edinburgh is down to twice an hour and peak services are busy. If he had already checked times for his trip to Glasgow he may need to check again.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of in the Grassmarket then the White Hart is what it says on the tin, a pub with food. I’ve eaten in a few of the pubs down there and they are nice but just don’t expect a gourmet offerings, just decent hot food and good beer. The Grassmarket is indeed an old part of the city but some of the pubs can be, shall we say, aimed at American tourists. Handy for the Castle after.

Have a super break.

Thank you.  He is checking now!  I've kept the booking for the pub as things are quite sparse time wise due to the concert.  Now trying yo find something better for Friday, Sunday and Monday before we head to the Highlands. I was hoping for some fish at least once.  

Sifting through stuff while here in Heathrow waiting to depart.  All the Scottish flights are very full, we've seen four go in the past 2 hours and no seats on any of them according to the announcements.  

All suggestions gratefully received!  

53 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Reading that shocked me….but not as much as the old dear obviously!

We were in your neck of the woods this morning. We met up with an old workmate and his wife at Huggamug cafe at the racecourse, very nice too.

23 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you.  He is checking now!  I've kept the booking for the pub as things are quite sparse time wise due to the concert.  Now trying yo find something better for Friday, Sunday and Monday before we head to the Highlands. I was hoping for some fish at least once.  

Sifting through stuff while here in Heathrow waiting to depart.  All the Scottish flights are very full, we've seen four go in the past 2 hours and no seats on any of them according to the announcements.  

The places I tend to eat at in Edinburgh are in the New Town so not so handy for your concert but I have added links.

The pub will be absolutely fine, there is a great atmosphere in the Grassmarket and bookings can be hard to get at a weekend.

https://fhior.com

https://www.sixbynico.co.uk/

https://www.johnniewalker.com/media/15769/set-menu-with-bar-bites.pdf

https://www.dulse.co.uk/

There are lots of decent “chain” restaurants like Cafe Andeluse etc as well not too far a walk.  You will never starve.

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We were in your neck of the woods this morning. We met up with an old workmate and his wife at Huggamug cafe at the racecourse, very nice too.

Nice little racecourse Ponte, I’ve enjoyed quite a bit of successful punting over the years there, only lived in Pontefract for six and a half years, but lived in the area most of my life despite moving to the ‘wrong’ side of the Pennines for work purposes from 1982 to 1989.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Fishers in the City in Thistle Street (runs parallel to Rose Street in the city centre) has excellent fish and there are a few other places in that street that are pretty acceptable too.  Enjoy your visit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning 10.c and sunny here but rain expected later ,so I'm sat having a cuppa 

and enjoying it while it lasts.

Talking of enjoying things whilst they last ? Has @grapau27 had a look at 

those meercats again and have they gone for England or Spain ? 🤔

It was uncanny how they got the result right .

(Handy info  "Uncanny "  is a person who is not from Newcastle 😉😉)

Have a great day - Take care 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone - sunny here at present, but BBC weather says round here it will soon go cloudy.  A lazy afternoon for me, with two men's semis to watch with four very different  tennis players involved.  The outcome should be that it will be the same two finalists as last year, but there could easily be an upset.

I hope you all have a good day, especially anyone feeling sad or under the weather.

• Like 10

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

Its a dull cloudy morning here today but at least there is no wind for a change.

Normal household stuff to do today including a trip to Tesco and visit to the gym as I am back in “fitness program” mode.

We are going out with friends tonight for drinks and a meal to one of my favourite restaurants, Ego in Lytham.

Have a lovely day everyone

Michelle

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Good morning everyone - sunny here at present, but BBC weather says round here it will soon go cloudy.  A lazy afternoon for me, with two men's semis to watch with four very different  tennis players involved.  The outcome should be that it will be the same two finalists as last year, but there could easily be an upset.

I hope you all have a good day, especially anyone feeling sad or under the weather.

We're ready for a great afternoon,  Cheddar will be watching closely!

• Like 6

Morning all,

Rain arrived yesterday late afternoon and is still here, and windy too. Just checked the weather app on my laptop and it's telling me partly sunny! I think they've got that wrong😕 but they are forecasting warm sunny weather this afternoon. Well, we will see.

A trip over to Carbis Bay and some baking is on the cards for today.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning 10.c and sunny here but rain expected later ,so I'm sat having a cuppa 

and enjoying it while it lasts.

Talking of enjoying things whilst they last ? Has @grapau27 had a look at 

those meercats again and have they gone for England or Spain ? 🤔

It was uncanny how they got the result right .

(Handy info  "Uncanny "  is a person who is not from Newcastle 😉😉)

Have a great day - Take care 🙂

Good morning.

It is 12°C and cloudy here.

The mystic meerkats predicted an England win against Spain 🤞🤞🙏

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Enjoy watching that.🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

View of the Mosel river from the town of Zell

PXL_20240711_094527652_MP2.thumb.jpg.13d84884b7d82b064635560bded04579.jpg

And I do like a good carb-heavy continental breakfast 🙄

PXL_20240711_0916511272.thumb.jpg.0dc95727e07926696d597fec758b92ee.jpg

Wrong emoji, but can't change it, should have been 😁😁 to the breakfast.

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1