P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

At the beach.

IMG_20240811_142550.jpg

IMG_20240811_140024.jpg

IMG_20240811_135017.jpg

At least you had space at the beach today Graham, this is Bournemouth beach at lunch time today, very busy all along the coast and traffic was horrible.

IMG_7970.jpeg

IMG_7971.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just after 7.30 and it’s 22c here, sitting in the garden at 2 this morning as it was too hot for the dog 🐶 puffing and panting stayed out watching the shooting stars. Have a good day everyone and try to stay cool.

• Like 7

Good morning everyone, we have just had a heavy downpour here. It’s fine now so hubby has taken the dogs for a walk. Drizzle forecast for the morning and sun for the afternoon but cooling down. 

Nothing much planned just the usual household stuff today and a trip to the gym. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

Good Morning everyone,

Dull and misty here at present, supposed to clear up and be sunny, but we will see.

Nothing planned except a trip to the shop, as our milk has gone off and the normal household chores.

Hope everyone has a good week.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lindyloo22 said:

Just after 7.30 and it’s 22c here, sitting in the garden at 2 this morning as it was too hot for the dog 🐶 puffing and panting stayed out watching the shooting stars. Have a good day everyone and try to stay cool.

I walked Freddie for the only time today at 0630 when it was very pleasant but it’s now 24c (0900).
We also saw the meteor display last night.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 5

Started off sunny now cloudy with claps of thunder in distance, had a few light showers but amounted to little.

Currently 24C and quite humid, expected to hit 28C or more this afternoon.

Audiology appointment this afternoon as tubes fitted 2 weeks ago appear to be too short and making it difficult to keep mould in place in one ear. 

• Like 6

I didn't bother to watch it all live, but the Tom Cruise bit was not very well done I thought.  He looked like a parcel being thrown down!  I can't quite understand why he is so ubiquitous; strikes me as just a normal looking chap.  But I have not seen any of his films - certainly thought he was an odd choice for 6' 4" Jack Reacher.

• Like 2

Wife’s trying to do complete our ESTAs for our September cruise to USA and Canada. Seems more complex than the last time that we applied. Doesn’t seem to accept where staying in USA and contact info, put in cruise ship details but it doesn’t like the details entered 😩

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I didn't bother to watch it all live, but the Tom Cruise bit was not very well done I thought.  He looked like a parcel being thrown down!  I can't quite understand why he is so ubiquitous; strikes me as just a normal looking chap.  But I have not seen any of his films - certainly thought he was an odd choice for 6' 4" Jack Reacher.

Lol that is why I said it (tongue in cheek) if that was the best bit????

Had a nice Sunday meal out yesterday followed by a nice room with a view 

that had air con and a mini bar included (most of which our family will enjoy )

as we don't drink most of it .

After a nice breakfast, made our way home but even 24hrs away was well 

worth it .

Not much doing today ,hope you all have a good day.

20240811_141236.thumb.jpg.a8e31a161ffdf066baeb7b9c5d67678e.jpg

• Like 7

Strange weather here today.  It was raining when Bruno and I went for our first walk at 6am and we got soaked even though it was the short route.  We went for our after lunch walk and it was really warm in the sun on the longer route, so we will see what it is like for this evening walk.

DH thinks that the dog will be glad to go home when his real family get home so that he can have a rest when he only has to go out for a run with his teenager in the evening.

Their cruise ends in Palma tomorrow but we don't know what time their flight gets in to Birmingham so we may have him until Wednesday if they are on the later flight.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Strange weather here today.  It was raining when Bruno and I went for our first walk at 6am and we got soaked even though it was the short route.  We went for our after lunch walk and it was really warm in the sun on the longer route, so we will see what it is like for this evening walk.

DH thinks that the dog will be glad to go home when his real family get home so that he can have a rest when he only has to go out for a run with his teenager in the evening.

Their cruise ends in Palma tomorrow but we don't know what time their flight gets in to Birmingham so we may have him until Wednesday if they are on the later flight.

I wouldn’t bother taking Bruno out at lunchtime when it’s warm - they are much happier cooling themselves on the bathroom tiles!

30c here, so Freddie is going nowhere! He is asleep and I’m sprayed on the sofa.

• Like 5

Hot hot here, too hot, suppose to be about 32! I felt a bit wobbly at work so had to go in search of biscuits! I got a taxi home as I finish at 1pm so it was a bit much walking in that. I’m now sitting calmly in shorts with the fan going!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Wife’s trying to do complete our ESTAs for our September cruise to USA and Canada. Seems more complex than the last time that we applied. Doesn’t seem to accept where staying in USA and contact info, put in cruise ship details but it doesn’t like the details entered 😩

The Esta is easier if you are staying in a hotel pre-cruise and just put in the hotel name and full address.

20 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I wouldn’t bother taking Bruno out at lunchtime when it’s warm - they are much happier cooling themselves on the bathroom tiles!

30c here, so Freddie is going nowhere! He is asleep and I’m sprayed on the sofa.

Walking dogs for miles in heat is never a good idea,so great advice .

Anyone that does could put on a thick woolly jumper,scarf big thick winter coat

and I guess they would walk about as far as the dog wanted to go 🙃

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

ESTAs done, approved and printed off. Phew.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

Walking dogs for miles in heat is never a good idea,so great advice .

Anyone that does could put on a thick woolly jumper,scarf big thick winter coat

and I guess they would walk about as far as the dog wanted to go 🙃

Their pads can get burnt too! I’ve been known to carry Freddie to the car to avoid the pavement if it’s hot 😇
Missing a walk won’t kill a dog, but walking one in the heat just might 😢

• Like 8