P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all.

Typically we have nice day followed by a dull, dismal, drizzly day. 

Going out shopping with my daughter and granddaughter today, so will be nice to spend some time with both of them.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 7

I woke at 1am this morning thinking I was going under the knife today with doctors playing noughts and crosses on my eyeball.Then I realised it's 8.50 tomorrow morning.Oh no,I've got the same nightmare tonight.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I woke at 1am this morning thinking I was going under the knife today with doctors playing noughts and crosses on my eyeball.Then I realised it's 8.50 tomorrow morning.Oh no,I've got the same nightmare tonight.

Good luck with tomorrow Brian 🙂

image.jpeg.17cb99308e68b4d6b7e2a37fb79d16e6.jpeg

• Haha 9

Life is back to normal for us:

no dog to nudge me awake at silly o'clock to let him out

no long walk with the dog,

text from kid's dad to remind me to get oatcakes for them when I go to get ours ( did as asked but kids still in bed and dad and dog missing fortunately I had taken the bunch of keys that has their key on it ) 

text from bowling captain to remind me that we are bowling at home tonight and it is my turn to supply cake.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good luck with tomorrow Brian 🙂

image.jpeg.17cb99308e68b4d6b7e2a37fb79d16e6.jpeg

Don't worry Brian, they give 2 robes now, one to put on tying at the front and one tying at the back, they certainly did at my last 2 appointments at RSUH but that could just be because they think that at 9st 3lb I am so overweight that I need 2 to cover me 😂

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Don't worry Brian, they give 2 robes now, one to put on tying at the front and one tying at the back, they certainly did at my last 2 appointments at RSUH but that could just be because they think that at 9st 3lb I am so overweight that I need 2 to cover me 😂

If you think 9st 3lb is overweight there's no hope for me🙂 Unless you only 3' tall 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Waju said:

If you think 9st 3lb is overweight there's no hope for me🙂 Unless you only 3' tall 😁

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Waju   You took every word out of my mouth!

9st 3... I wish😄

I am short 5ft 1in but not that short and I don't think that I am overweight but I do have to work at not gaining weight which is why I walk daily and bowl several times a week. 😇

I hope that the hospital didn't think that am overweight either and just gave me 2 robes so that there was no chance of me flashing anyone. 🙂

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am short 5ft 1in but not that short and I don't think that I am overweight but I do have to work at not gaining weight which is why I walk daily and bowl several times a week. 😇

I hope that the hospital didn't think that am overweight either and just gave me 2 robes so that there was no chance of me flashing anyone. 🙂

Walking was my thing until I smashed my foot up just under a year ago!  I do miss a good long walk but I managed about 10,000 steps yesterday so was really chuffed with that 😊

• Like 7

Well both granddaughters got the grades they needed so both off to University in September, one studying Engineering and the other Law. 

We are proud to say we have 2 very intelligent granddaughters. 

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Well both granddaughters got the grades they needed so both off to University in September, one studying Engineering and the other Law. 

Congratulations to your 2 granddaughters.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Congratulations to them both.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Thanks but no worries,just an outpatient job fully clothed and out within an hour.

• Like 3

Wishing you good luck Brian, not that you will need it.  It will all be over soon, and you will wonder what you were worrying about.  And at least you won't be showing your pants to anyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Very  well done to them. You have every right to be proud.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brian1 said:

Best wishes tomorrow Brian.

• Thanks 1

Hello all. Took mum to her appointments on Tuesday, she was called over an hour late. I went to enquire if they’d missed her because they’re normally pretty prompt there. Turns out she was seeing the actual consultant and not one of the underlings . She was lovely but I can see why she was overrunning , she chatted for ages about non related stuff! 
Then we zoomed over to our usual local hospital to get the X-ray done on her bent finger. Queue not too big so we hoped we’d have her back to the Home for a late lunch by 2pm. After the X-ray they said they wanted us to go to A&E! Nooo! We all said couldn’t we come back the next day because we were all hot and hungry and as she did it two weeks ago we didn’t think another day would matter. No, they’d rather we didn’t, gave us the impression we’d be sort of rushed through - no! We joined a queue just to book in that didn’t move for ages! 😞

Anyway they decided it wasn’t broken or dislocated so we took her back to the Home. Not the best day off for John and I - we picked her up at 9.30 and got her back at 4.30!! Mum was shattered too.  Her speech was really poor by the end not surprisingly and they kept asking me how the fall happened - I wasn’t there so didn’t see it! As a result I had a banging migraine yesterday so didn’t go to work. Back at work today but when John got home from work we went to a local place for a coffee and cake - I had a scone .

IMG_1620.jpeg

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all. Took mum to her appointments on Tuesday, she was called over an hour late. I went to enquire if they’d missed her because they’re normally pretty prompt there. Turns out she was seeing the actual consultant and not one of the underlings . She was lovely but I can see why she was overrunning , she chatted for ages about non related stuff! 
Then we zoomed over to our usual local hospital to get the X-ray done on her bent finger. Queue not too big so we hoped we’d have her back to the Home for a late lunch by 2pm. After the X-ray they said they wanted us to go to A&E! Nooo! We all said couldn’t we come back the next day because we were all hot and hungry and as she did it two weeks ago we didn’t think another day would matter. No, they’d rather we didn’t, gave us the impression we’d be sort of rushed through - no! We joined a queue just to book in that didn’t move for ages! 😞

Anyway they decided it wasn’t broken or dislocated so we took her back to the Home. Not the best day off for John and I - we picked her up at 9.30 and got her back at 4.30!! Mum was shattered too.  Her speech was really poor by the end not surprisingly and they kept asking me how the fall happened - I wasn’t there so didn’t see it! As a result I had a banging migraine yesterday so didn’t go to work. Back at work today but when John got home from work we went to a local place for a coffee and cake - I had a scone .

IMG_1620.jpeg

Sorry that you are having such a bad time.  Hopefully things will look up soon with your mum. 

At least the scone looks delicious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2024 at 5:50 PM, Angel57 said:

Oh poor Cheddar. Those surgical suits are the best and much better than the cone. You will get “the look” tho! 

Is this the look you were referring to, looking very sorry for herself

Screenshot_20240815-223603_Gallery.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Congratulations to your granddaughters

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Well done to both your granddaughters, you must be very proud of them

Michelle

• Like 2

11 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

IMG_1620.jpeg

A long day for you all and very tiring. 

Your scone looks nice Sue

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

Weather here looks much better today, currently sunny. Hubby has just taken the dogs for a walk on the beach.

Vet appointment for nails clipping for our Cavalier this morning. Nail and toes for me this morning too - not at the vets I might add!!! A bit of pampering at my favourite beauty salon.

Family coming over later to go for a meal as I have a big birthday next week.

Eldest grandchild is having a brace fitted tmoro and eating might be painful for a few days so we are celebrating early.

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7