P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's really cold and dismal here this morning. You can feel winter in air now. Where did summer and autumn go?  I think I must have lost them somewhere🤔

Avril

It's 50f here and overcast but no rain or wind at present.

We will take a picnic to the beach later then pick my prescription up from the pharmacy.

Graham.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Reported the gas leak and a engineer should be here within the hour. Switched off the gas and the central heating boiler. Luckily I have an oil filled radiator and three fan heaters. Kettle, microwave and electric shower. glad it is not mid winter.

Last time the leak was beneath the concrete lounge floor do they ran a new pipe up the wall and around the bedroom and down into the kitchen. He did a good job and it was completed the day I reported the leak. Poor man took ages to take up those wooden floor panels they use nowadays

I hope he can fix the leak easily and quickly for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Walked on the beach this morning.Hard to believe all this was full of people 2 weeks ago.20201002_075754.thumb.jpg.dc2999d31a9b353cc0df8729e5e677f0.jpg

Looks nice Brian but do you think you could nip round to Dave's as he can smell gas ?  :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Reported the gas leak and a engineer should be here within the hour. Switched off the gas and the central heating boiler. Luckily I have an oil filled radiator and three fan heaters. Kettle, microwave and electric shower. glad it is not mid winter.

Last time the leak was beneath the concrete lounge floor do they ran a new pipe up the wall and around the bedroom and down into the kitchen. He did a good job and it was completed the day I reported the leak. Poor man took ages to take up those wooden floor panels they use nowadays

I hope it's a simpler job this time and that it's all sorted for you soon.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I hope it's a simpler job this time and that it's all sorted for you soon.

Engineer just left, all fixed, hopefully. It was a leaky regulator valve which should have been replaced years ago, a plasticky thing inside eventually cracks and leaks. No charge but I made a donation to his beer fund 😃

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Looks nice Brian but do you think you could nip round to Dave's as he can smell gas ?  :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

He lives in Kent,so when I drive off the train at Folkestone in Nov,I'll pop round.He had an external gas rerun so I doubt if it's that again.Probably on British Gas side if that's any help.Just tell him not to start smoking right now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely beach.

It is when the Italians aren't there leaving their rubbish everywhere.Having said that I saw our beaches on tv a few weeks ago,bloody disgrace.I thought the Brits stopped that years ago.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Engineer just left, all fixed, hopefully. It was a leaky regulator valve which should have been replaced years ago, a plasticky thing inside eventually cracks and leaks. No charge but I made a donation to his beer fund 😃

Good news!

Engineer just left, all fixed, hopefully. It was a leaky regulator valve which should have been replaced years ago, a plasticky thing inside eventually cracks and leaks. No charge but I made a donation to his beer fund [emoji2]

That’s good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

It's really cold and dismal here this morning. You can feel winter in air now. Where did summer and autumn go?  I think I must have lost them somewhere🤔

Avril

Totally miserable here, don’t think the rain’s stopped since early this morning.

Even worse my Facebook ‘memories’ shows this day 4 years ago we were leaving Southampton in blue skies and short sleeves! It was only a short cruise to Amsterdam and Le Harve but it was fabulous!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Rain and wind has been lashing down all night here in Devon,  and,  as you say, the forecast looks pretty bleak for today and tomorrow. However, a holiday is still a holiday, and I'm sure you will enjoy the break. 

Than you 😊

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

😂

Thank you. Wine is top of the shopping list ☺️

😄

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

The one thing that has struck us this week, is that a little more pre-planning is required than before. So, we have pre-booked a table every time we went out for a meal. With every pub/restaurant having fewer tables, you can't just stroll in and expect to be seated immediately.  Last night we had take away fish and chips.  Pre-ordered on line, and just walked in and picked them up at our chosen time! 

Yes we had a week off in July and had days out locally, it’s a bit of a faff though having to book everything - it puts you off booking somewhere expensive (say a zoo) then it rains on the day!

Your fish and chips sound good.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Have a nice holiday and with all that packing don't forget your cossies & your drinks 476994388_cossiecruisers.gif.cbfcbdcd6b3b5ac2c94c486736a64c33.gif

Have a good time :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos 😁

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Glad it was a simple job. When things like this occur, we always look at the worst case scenario don't we?

Avril

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Totally miserable here, don’t think the rain’s stopped since early this morning.

Even worse my Facebook ‘memories’ shows this day 4 years ago we were leaving Southampton in blue skies and short sleeves! It was only a short cruise to Amsterdam and Le Harve but it was fabulous!

The start of October is often good weather. One of my friends was due to be married on 3rd October, but, for various reasons they  had to switch to a week later. She always says that the day she would have had her anniversary is normally sunny, but her actual anniversary is nearly always dull. 

However, very gloomy here today. We have someone coming round to look at a small leak in our water cylinder in the airing cupboard. It’s covered by our service plan, , but still hoping it’s a minor job 

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes we had a week off in July and had days out locally, it’s a bit of a faff though having to book everything - it puts you off booking somewhere expensive (say a zoo) then it rains on the day!

Your fish and chips sound good.

Thanks Kalos 😁

Oh no, here I go again!!!!!  I hope no-one else quotes that picture. Everytime time I see it I can't stop laughing. I've no sooner got the giggles under control than I see it again.🤣

Avril

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

It's not just cold and dismal here it's pouring with rain and blowing a gale down here in Cornwall. Had to take my car for it's MOT today and hubby insisted on coming with me to drive me back so I didn't get soaked.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I hate Google. It told me " this day last year you were in ........Mykonos" Thanks a bunch🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It is when the Italians aren't there leaving their rubbish everywhere.Having said that I saw our beaches on tv a few weeks ago,bloody disgrace.I thought the Brits stopped that years ago.

They had, they took it to Spain. Only the venue has changed, not the disgusting habits.

Sis

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The start of October is often good weather. One of my friends was due to be married on 3rd October, but, for various reasons they  had to switch to a week later. She always says that the day she would have had her anniversary is normally sunny, but her actual anniversary is nearly always dull. 

However, very gloomy here today. We have someone coming round to look at a small leak in our water cylinder in the airing cupboard. It’s covered by our service plan, , but still hoping it’s a minor job 

All through the awful summer I've thought never mind we might have a nice September, and then maybe October. Now I'm thinking, we might be able to have a Christmas barbie🤣 I hope your repair is as simple as Dave's🤞

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

23 minutes ago, purplesea said:

It's not just cold and dismal here it's pouring with rain and blowing a gale down here in Cornwall. Had to take my car for it's MOT today and hubby insisted on coming with me to drive me back so I didn't get soaked.

What a gentleman! 

• Like 2