P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I haven't seen any decorations around here. Like you I hope that parents have enough sense to keep their children at home.  My friend who lives in Newcastle told me last night that she is putting a notice in her window to tell them not to knock because there are so many children living near to her but I'm not sure if they will take much notice. 

Here's an update on the rules and guidance regarding trick or treating .

Downing Street is urging people to use their common sense in applying the Tier rules where they live this Halloween.

Here is a guide to the rules around trick or treating for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 areas.

• Tier 3 areas (South Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Liverpool City Region, Warrington, Nottingham, Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe 😞 In very high alert level areas, under Tier 3 rules, you cannot mix with other households indoors or in private outdoor spaces such as gardens - so trick or treating cannot take place.
  • Tier 2 areas (Slough, Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Barrow-in Furness, parts of Derbyshire, Durham, Essex, parts of Leicestershire, London, parts of Nottinghamshire, Northumberland, York, Stoke-on-Trent, Elmbridge, Tees Valley, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands, Leeds, West Yorkshire): In high alert level areas, under Tier 2 rules, the rule of six applies in private gardens and outdoor spaces but households are banned for mixing indoors. This means trick or treating can take place, as long as people meet outdoors in no more than groups of six (and the person answering the door to you is counted in that group) and do not enter homes. People from different households or bubbles must adhere to social distancing and keep two metres apart while trick or treating.
  • Tier 1 areas (everywhere else in England): In medium alert level areas, under Tier 1 rules, people can meet indoors and outdoors in groups of no more than six people, which means trick or treating can take place, as long as people meet outdoors or indoors in no more than groups of six (and the person answering the door to you is counted in that group). People from different households or bubbles must adhere to social distancing and keep two metres apart while trick or treating.

So the rules in Tier 1 and Tier 2 allow for trick or treating, as long as local restrictions and social distancing measures are adhered to. 

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/trick-treating-rules-lockdown-tier-19169038?cmpredirect=

So there you have it don't come knocking on my door ,your not allowed , T3  rules :classic_mellow:

Now anyone living in T1 & T2 can but take a psychic with you as you need to know how 

many people will greet you when they answer the door.

Same goes for anyone opening the door ,maybe it's best you peer through your window or letterbox 

and count them before opening the door .:classic_unsure:

Remember to keep your distance before flinging the sweets in the kids direction and before closing the door and warn them that you have sprayed them with Dettol ,just to make sure no one catches anything .

They will soon pass the word around  to give your house a body-swerve as there's a madman/woman living there .

Or better still just don't answer the door .:classic_wink::classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lazy birthday morning.

I put the radio on and a Beatles song When I'm 64 came on.

Quite appropriate today.🤫☹️🍺

Happy Birthday Graham! I was humming the Beatles song all day, earlier in the year when I turned 64!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I use one of those kits you get from Wilko or Aldi (when on offer). The kit comes with a strong, sealable plastic bag. Shelves and supports go in the bag, then you pour in the acidic solution supplied, with 12 hours and the shelves come out sparkling. Just need a quick rinse. Magic!

I bought one of those kits earlier this year with every intention of cleaning the oven.However when I looked closely (with my glasses on!) I decided to take advantage of an offer to have someone to professionally clean the oven and have vowed to regulary clean it before it gets in a really bad state in the future.I feel it was worth every penny!

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Happy Birthday Graham! I was humming the Beatles song all day, earlier in the year when I turned 64!

Thank you Ann x.

I was singing it also this morning while looking back on our photos of our visit to Liverpool when we visited the Beatles Story.

Sgt Peppers album which also featured When I'm 64.

IMG_20200820_094708.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Not a good day today..  I am quite savvy and careful and thought I was talking to a crook... but he sounded so genuine and just like he was one of our sons  .I decided to listen.

It was as follows;

immediately.

Had a call from 'Detective Constable ***** from Paddington Police Station saying they had made an arrest  at Paddington Station and did I have my card with me.   He said it had been cloned and used.     He knew my name. He asked me to get a pen and paper so I could write things down so I had all the information.

He then reiterated.. My same is Detective Constable ***  Number 2304  I am stationed at Paddington Police Station and then repeated the offence etc.   He then asked me to repeat all the details he had given me.  He then went on to explain that in this day and age  there was a lot of fraud and it had to be stamped out.  and how hard the Police were trying to do that.

He then said that the Police had a special verification scheme where you ring 999 and get a special team who will verify that he is genuine. He then said that I should ring 999 and speak to the Police Verification Team, but would I do it immediately. Knowing that they would still be on the line if I dialled 999 I put the phone down.  He rang back immediately but I did not answer.

Both the real Police and Action Fraud said that they ask you to repeat their name, number and details as it makes people feel connected and helpful.    If you do ring 999 as requested then they ask for card details, as some would think its the real Police, and before you know it there is a courier collecting your bank card...They said that I must be on my guard over any communications over the next few weeks at least as once they know they have a 'live' number  so they sometimes/often target that person over and over.   This has happened already as I've just had a call telling me my card has been used to the tune of £600.  This one was obviously recorded and fake.

Normally I would say clear off or put phone down but he just sounded so normal, not smarmy,  not condescending just nice and normal.  

I am quite a tough nut and not spooked that easily but admit to feeling a bit shaky because I was talking to a crook who sounded so normal.  I worry that people not so aware will easily fall for him.  I used to work with a firm dealing with crime so  being wary is a bit ingrained in me.. for some it is not.

In these times we have to stay so alert... very sad.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lazy birthday morning.

I put the radio on and a Beatles song When I'm 64 came on.

Quite appropriate today.🤫☹️🍺

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you ------ hope you sang it without washing your hands !!!!!!!

Enjoy your evening 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Not a good day today..  I am quite savvy and careful and thought I was talking to a crook... but he sounded so genuine and just like he was one of our sons  .I decided to listen.

It was as follows;

immediately.

Had a call from 'Detective Constable ***** from Paddington Police Station saying they had made an arrest  at Paddington Station and did I have my card with me.   He said it had been cloned and used.     He knew my name. He asked me to get a pen and paper so I could write things down so I had all the information.

He then reiterated.. My same is Detective Constable ***  Number 2304  I am stationed at Paddington Police Station and then repeated the offence etc.   He then asked me to repeat all the details he had given me.  He then went on to explain that in this day and age  there was a lot of fraud and it had to be stamped out.  and how hard the Police were trying to do that.

He then said that the Police had a special verification scheme where you ring 999 and get a special team who will verify that he is genuine. He then said that I should ring 999 and speak to the Police Verification Team, but would I do it immediately. Knowing that they would still be on the line if I dialled 999 I put the phone down.  He rang back immediately but I did not answer.

Both the real Police and Action Fraud said that they ask you to repeat their name, number and details as it makes people feel connected and helpful.    If you do ring 999 as requested then they ask for card details, as some would think its the real Police, and before you know it there is a courier collecting your bank card...They said that I must be on my guard over any communications over the next few weeks at least as once they know they have a 'live' number  so they sometimes/often target that person over and over.   This has happened already as I've just had a call telling me my card has been used to the tune of £600.  This one was obviously recorded and fake.

Normally I would say clear off or put phone down but he just sounded so normal, not smarmy,  not condescending just nice and normal.  

I am quite a tough nut and not spooked that easily but admit to feeling a bit shaky because I was talking to a crook who sounded so normal.  I worry that people not so aware will easily fall for him.  I used to work with a firm dealing with crime so  being wary is a bit ingrained in me.. for some it is not.

In these times we have to stay so alert... very sad.

Thanks for the warning.

These people take advantage of nice people who listen out of politeness.

We have had several from Talk Talk as well as other companies and i just put the phone down.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Hubby is an IT technician so really very careful re scams either over the internet or the telephone. I suppose we are paranoid and mega cautious.

Know someone who almost gave their card details to someone on the phone because their laptop kept saying it had a virus and to contact a certain number to unlock the account again. They phoned the number and were asked for their bank account details ... were half way through when the wife appeared and told him to put the phone down.

The same message came up on our laptop and I had been 'taught' well by hubby and left it to him to sort it and just did not touch any button or link ...

You have to be so careful

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2

We get regular phone calls about my Amazon account and recent purchases and BT about my internet connection with them. Laughable really when I have never purchased anything from Amazon do not have an account with them and never had BT internet. My father, god rest his soul, used to get repeat phone calls at the age of 82 about problems with his internet connection. He used to take great delight in letting them chat on and then say he has never had an internet connection or ever owned a PC.

Beware everybody they are very clever and convincing.

• Like 1

We get these calls on a regular basis to the landline - ex-directory and rarely given to anyone.

TalkTalk had it as our ISP, and kindly leaked it to criminals, along with thousands of other records. Complete with full name and address of course. One Dido Harding, currently heading up Track and Trace, tipped to be heading the NHS soon, was in charge at the time.

Many of these calls are to ex TalkTalk customers.  Asking for the account number throws them. Telling them you don’t have the internet does too. I had fun with one of them by telling him I only spoke Swedish, and there are all sorts of games you can play if you have the time.

Bear in mind though - they usually have your address and your phone number!

• Like 2