P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Got back from the shops. Where is everybody? No queues, empty check outs, quieter than normal.

Sprouts down to 19p in Tesco - bargain. Then went to Aldi - 14p - even bigger bargain. Who needs a turkey when you can have a double helping of sprouts ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Got back from the shops. Where is everybody? No queues, empty check outs, quieter than normal.

Sprouts down to 19p in Tesco - bargain. Then went to Aldi - 14p - even bigger bargain. Who needs a turkey when you can have a double helping of sprouts ?

Best test the windows now in case they're stuck on the day.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I will be having Turkey & Beef with a very good double helping of sprouts amongst other things .

Well it is Christmas after all . We eat sprouts all year round , they are one of the best foods on the planet for reducing cholesterol. As you say 19p &14p ..Bargain !

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

I will be having Turkey & Beef with a very good double helping of sprouts amongst other things .

Well it is Christmas after all . We eat sprouts all year round , they are one of the best foods on the planet for reducing cholesterol. As you say 19p &14p ..Bargain !

Have you ever tried Brussel tops.Supermarkets don't sell them,we got ours in Romford market.Delicious,better than greens or cabbage IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Yum,yum. Double sprouts and stuffing and Christmas pud.. Boris  said eat outside. Not that daft is he. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What with Pictionary and other games, we also have to talk about what we are taking from our respective bungalows into our new home just in New Year, plus discussing what things have to be done, ie gas, electricity, Insurance, Council Tax etc etc.  Then there's the  packing which I am dreading, dealing with the money, booking removals... the list is endless.

We are determined to keep our sense of humour and I think moving may be banned from conversation on Christmas Day and Boxing day or there could be "bl**d on the carpet!!!  🤣🤫

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1

What a windy day! 💨 

Poor pup nearly turned into a novelty fluffy balloon on a string! 🎈 

Moving house - exciting but exhausting.  Hope it all goes smoothly

I hope, as we go through the weekend and move into Christmas Week, that everyone rediscovers their seasonal mojo; that everyone who has sad seasonal memories is able to find comfort in happy times and I hope, deeply and sincerely, that 2021 sees all our fortunes turn around and spirits rise

• Like 8

I should have noted as I typed that, that it is exactly 3 years since we moved here. If anyone is looking for tips, I would advise that 7 days before Christmas Day is probably not the very best day to move.  However, we survived!

Celebrating tonight with a Côte restaurant meal but a Click & Collect one, to eat at home.  Rib eye and frites plus green salad.  Crème caramel for pud.  I’ll try to remember to let you know how I rate it.  It’s different from Côte at Home, where you need to reheat the hot dishes.  We’ve had that previously and it was pretty good too

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

What a windy day! 💨 

Poor pup nearly turned into a novelty fluffy balloon on a string! 🎈 

Moving house - exciting but exhausting.  Hope it all goes smoothly

I hope, as we go through the weekend and move into Christmas Week, that everyone rediscovers their seasonal mojo; that everyone who has sad seasonal memories is able to find comfort in happy times and I hope, deeply and sincerely, that 2021 sees all our fortunes turn around and spirits rise

Hope your move goes well today Eddie.

No no no

Not me moving - I was responding to Indiana in the post before me, who’s planning a whole exciting move/life change very soon

Coincidentally, it’s 3 years ago today I did move.  Hope that’s my last house move ever.  That was the plan, back then.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

What with Pictionary and other games, we also have to talk about what we are taking from our respective bungalows into our new home just in New Year, plus discussing what things have to be done, ie gas, electricity, Insurance, Council Tax etc etc.  Then there's the  packing which I am dreading, dealing with the money, booking removals... the list is endless.

We are determined to keep our sense of humour and I think moving may be banned from conversation on Christmas Day and Boxing day or there could be "bl**d on the carpet!!!  🤣🤫

Good luck with your move.

20 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

No no no

Not me moving - I was responding to Indiana in the post before me, who’s planning a whole exciting move/life change very soon

Coincidentally, it’s 3 years ago today I did move.  Hope that’s my last house move ever.  That was the plan, back then.  

Sorry, my fault for getting confused. I am genuinely pleased for you and wish Indiana well 🙂

I have been sorting out this afternoon and found a photo that was taken in November 1997. Who would wear a hard hat and toe tector boots with a floral summer dress ?  

I was managing the installation, testing and training for an IT system being installed in a new factory in South Carolina.  

Who else has ridiculous photos ?

IMG_20201218_184433.thumb.jpg.0f559c91407e92a05f6dd0deb1b08a3f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1