P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Whilst the ladies gave been going on about Radley bags etc, what sites have the blokes been visiting?

(No sniggering at the back!)

Am I the only one here who trawls through Autotrader, deciding which Aston Martin I can afford? Or should I go for a classic Jag instead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You P&O mob crack me up with your banter. I have cruised half a dozen times on P&O  inc half worldie, Syd-Sou. Love the ships, love the people. That is why I come over on this board now and then.

Stay safe out there, I know you are doing it tough.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I used to buy the Joules polo shirts because they had big logos on them  but now they only have a tiny rabbit logo so I stopped buying them.

On special at Primark ? 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

What’s everyone having for dinner today? I’m doing a roast beef and Yorkshire pudding dinner today with lots of veg may even take a photo if I remember.

I’m asking to give a change of subject and some dinner ideas 😋

I'm coming round to your house. Bad luck.😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

What’s everyone having for dinner today? I’m doing a roast beef and Yorkshire pudding dinner today with lots of veg may even take a photo if I remember.

Think sausage, onions, gravy, mash potatoes, vegetables and Yorks puds or chilli, rice, naan & tacos. I will have to ask hubby which he fancies

Michelle

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Think sausage, onions, gravy, mash potatoes, vegetables and Yorks puds or chilli, rice, naan & tacos. I will have to ask hubby which he fancies

Michelle

What about a Lancashire Hot Pot with..

878935821_lancashirerelish.jpg.7bf4333beffb9262f8f88b35670f26eb.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Oh, I do love a Yorkshire pudding.

I have two Charlie Bigham ready meals from Waitrose in the fridge. The macaroni cheese in that range is fairly calorific, but delicious.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AnnieC said:

However, the good news is that the Cornish daffodils (think they're the first?) should be in the shops soon. The first sign of spring.🙂

Just doing my Tesco order and the even better news is that they're now in stock.🌾

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Oh, I do love a Yorkshire pudding.

I have two Charlie Bigham ready meals from Waitrose in the fridge. The macaroni cheese in that range is fairly calorific, but delicious.

I really like Charlie Bingham meals and had Boeuf Bourguigon on Monday. I like the Macaroni Cheese too!

• Like 1

Thanks for that good news Annie.  I was only saying to OH yesterday that once they were available I was going to be sure to have daffs in the house for the season

Supper tonight is rabbit, pork, chicken liver & pistachio terrine with sourdough toast and cornichons, followed by spinach & ricotta ravioli with tomato & black olive concasse (just a poncey way of saying chopped up really small & mixed into slightly warm olive oil).  Sprinkle of Parmesan on the top - job done!

My *ahem* wisdom for the day is

The Darkest Hour is Before Dawn 

We’ve got a tough few weeks ahead, but we’ll get there

My NY resolution is to try to avoid posting on matters political.  I may not succeed but I promise I will try

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks for that good news Annie.  I was only saying to OH yesterday that once they were available I was going to be sure to have daffs in the house for the season

Supper tonight is rabbit, pork, chicken liver & pistachio terrine with sourdough toast and cornichons, followed by spinach & ricotta ravioli with tomato & black olive concasse (just a poncey way of saying chopped up really small & mixed into slightly warm olive oil).  Sprinkle of Parmesan on the top - job done!

My NY resolution is to try to avoid posting on matters political.  I may not succeed but I promise I will try

That all sounds very posh and lush Eddie, never tried rabbit but I saw plenty of it out in fuerteventura shops 

Just came on here thinking - how about food as a change of subject.  You have all beaten me to it.

My theme was, what cheers you up in the morning.  For me, just what I like for breakfast, eaten at leisure (OK for me to say that, as I don't have to work any more.)  Has to be good coffee in my cafetiere,   greek yogurt with all the good bacteria,  sliced fruit into the bowl and a drizzle of honey, then  whatever; different things like an almond croissant or a bacon sandwich, toasted muffin etc.etc.  Eaten slowly and with feeling!  I can then usually stay in a calm fairly cheerful mood for whatever the day throws at me.  The other high point is just one drink before evening meal, at about 5.30.

How about you?

• Like 3

The terrine is left from my Côte at Home NYE delivery.  It was/is very good.  I don’t think you would particularly know there was rabbit - it’s minced and mixed with the other meats to make a tasty whole

We used to eat a lot of wild rabbit when I was growing up (hard times! 🙄).  They’d arrive intact & my Mum or Gran would skin etc(!) them.  Made a really tasty casserole

i bought a wild bun (skinned & jointed by the butcher) when the children were small and cooked a delicious smelling casserole but found it extremely difficult to eat because there was a pet rabbit in a hutch in the garden....  I don’t think I’ve eaten rabbit, per se, since.  I might do if the menu didn’t offer anything else I fancied more.  It often appears in Spain and Greece

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

On another subject anybody have any bulbs blooming in their garden yet? Please post pictures when they arrive. No prizes, sorry. 

No flowers but the daffs are about 1 inch above the soil. Botanical question, Inotice on my walks that some shrubs have catkins on them, what are they?

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

On special at Primark ? 🤣

Several brands are available as concessions in department stores.

Joules have several stores especially in the English Lake District.

All my best Polo shirts are Ralph Lauren.

Graham.

IMG-20200820-WA0111.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

Catkins are a birds and bees thing Dave! 🙂

(I guess that’s your question - what are catkins rather than what are these shrubs with catkins?  I’ll try to answer both)

Catkins are the male part of the reproductive arrangement.  The ‘dust’ they produce falls onto the female flower to fertilise it to make a viable seed

If you’re asking which shrub, then a pic/description would be good.  It might be Garrya, which is quite striking.  Evergreen leaves and long tassels

Hope that helps

58 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Salmon fillets and veg.👍

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Supper sounds lovely.

All political talk should now be banned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Supper sounds lovely.

All political talk should now be banned.

Is supper dinner, like at 6.30pm? I thought supper was more a yank term.

Edited by NSWP