P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

You have to wear a cat suit and wee up the fence every night.That'll scare the life out of them.

It will scare the life out of the lady neighbours as well, plus I😱 don't want to spend the night in the slammer

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

Watching the evening news .... 

I've seen that someone wants to bring back the Thursday clap . Seems a bit odd when the nurses & doctors have pleaded with us to stay indoors, yet they saw people roaming the streets etc .Now me I would do anything to ease their workload  but I think most would look at a doorstep clap now as meaningless.
Fear not though for I have a cunning plan !  How about the NHS staff & carers get the £10K pay rise and the MPs get the clap?  I'm not bothered which clap the MP's get as the good news is the NHS do treat the other clap as well. :classic_unsure:

That was featured on the SE News. The lady they were interviewing said don't do it, stay indoors etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

OMG Republican protesters are inside Capitol Hill in Washington DC.

Beeb are providing a live video feed, currently paused because of the objection to Arizona's result being debated. Insanity is spreading.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My Tesco delivery arrived and all items were present and correct😀

I have had garlic for fresh ginger 🤔 Decided not to use it in ginger and pear jam!

Does garlic have any effect on cats?

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

We’ve been watching it a few hours now it’s getting out of hand 

Supporters of President Trump who gathered today to protest the election results have breached the US Capitol, breaking through temporary barriers and entering the building.

Photos show protesters now outside the Senate chamber, where lawmakers are gathered to confirm election results.

edit - sorry about going off topic, i am horrified how fragile democracy can be 😨

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Does garlic have any effect on cats?

Have you tried curry powder it does work and I brought some stuff from home bargains to deter cats and dogs of my front garden stones it does work and smells a bit garlicky but when it rains you have to replace it all 

3 hours ago, kalos said:

We haven't been around a supermarket for over 14months . Our deliveries from Morrisons very rarely have things missing and was pleased to see we had a little extra this morning .:classic_smile:

20210106_160753.thumb.jpg.819257454a6915baf4476c2ce58737da.jpg

Kalos, you really must learn not stand behind a reversing Morrinson's  delivery van.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Apparently they don’t like citrus peel.

I find holly stops them going behind bushes to use as a toilet, they tend to shoot out sharpish so to speak.

I have used been using used coffee grounds in areas they tend to use.

I also understand they don’t like Rosemary bushes. 

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I spent considerable time researching how various invaders had affected the Yorkshire dialect and have several books. Some of the strange names of our towns and villages were created by Vikings.

I'd be interested to know the titles of your books Phil. Some of our Yorkshire words are actually from the Vikings. The word 'laike' is an old Norse word meaning to play. 

Avril