P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, I’m afraid my husband John has tested positive for Covid😞 He was tired all weekend and had a cough, went to a test centre on Monday and first thing this morning had the text saying it was positive. He’s not too bad, I just hope he doesn’t get worse, he probably got it from work as he works in a warehouse. One of his big bosses phoned him up today! They should do more really I’ve been saying all along they don’t don’t socially distance much.

I just hope my vaccine at only a week in me is enough to keep me safe.

I hope that John doesn't get any worse.  Hopefully your vaccination has started to build some resistance to the virus for you. 🤞

• Like 5

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, I’m afraid my husband John has tested positive for Covid😞 He was tired all weekend and had a cough, went to a test centre on Monday and first thing this morning had the text saying it was positive. He’s not too bad, I just hope he doesn’t get worse, he probably got it from work as he works in a warehouse. One of his big bosses phoned him up today! They should do more really I’ve been saying all along they don’t don’t socially distance much.

Sorry to read that your husband has tested positive and that he only gets a mild dose and doesn't suffer too much. Hope you stay well and that your dose of the vaccination gives you enough protection so you don't catch it. Take care and stay safe.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to read your bad news Sue, here's hoping it will be a mild case 🤞

• Like 3

So sorry to hear the news Sue. Here’s hoping he continues to only have mild symptoms and recovers speedily. 

• Like 4

Awful news, fingers crossed for a mild dose and speedy recovery. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to hear that Sue, I hope John soon recovers and you stay well.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Avril

Did you see that your pin-up boy, JvT, was hands-on, doing Covid vaccinations yesterday?

Good man!

No I didn't. I don't watch the news much anymore, just glance at the headlines on my phone to see what's going on. JVT doesn't surprise me though. He's one of the few who cares enough to put his words into action. 

Avril

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

No I didn't. I don't watch the news much anymore, just glance at the headlines on my phone to see what's going on. JVT doesn't surprise me though. He's one of the few who cares enough to put his words into action. 

Avril

JvT is the only one that I trust, he seems to explain things more clearly than the others and doesn't try to dodge hard questions.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh dear Sue, I hope it's  a very mild case and he recovers quickly. Take care

Avril

• Like 4

18 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to here this sue and I hope like everyone else on here he only gets a mild case of it and recovers very quickly and you keep safe and well with your first vacation under way 

best wishes to you both 

• Like 3

Good morning 2.c with -4 chill this morning  with a light snowfall and still falling.

A couple of years ago our council came up with a brilliant idea by posting Snow plough alerts .

Two years back we were informed to park our cars on the "Even " numbered side of the road , which we did and the road got cleared .Last year they changed it to the "Odd" number side of the road and that worked well too for the snow plough .

Today though we have not been told which side of the road to park our cars to let the plough through , so I just said to the Mrs it's probably best if we leave the car in our garage this year .:classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2°c here this morning.

There is a thin dusting of snow but it is raining quite heavily now.

Currently watching A Place in the sun in St Lucia on channel 18.

Several accidents reported on nearby local roads A19 and A1M so definitely stopping in and watching TV.

By the news the police are being proactive with stopping cars using number plate technology to see if the drivers are local then stopping and fining people breaking lockdown rules.

Morning everyone. 

Not been around much last couple of days as not been feeling too good. Sunny and windy down here, quite a nice day and a mild 9 degs C (but wind making it feel like 6). Not going anywhere so won't make a lot of difference but it's nice to see the sun again after the last couple of days. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone. 

Not been around much last couple of days as not been feeling too good. Sunny and windy down here, quite a nice day and a mild 9 degs C (but wind making it feel like 6). Not going anywhere so won't make a lot of difference but it's nice to see the sun again after the last couple of days. 

Hope you feel better soon and it's nothing too serious .Treat yourself to a nice bowl of chicken soup (That's what poorly people have I think :classic_unsure:) Take care& keep safe .

Been raining for ever here. Had a nice 6.45 start for my walk this morning and never met anyone. Also waterproof walking shoes confirmed as waterproof. Did a test walk yesterday to estimate how long it would take to walk to the vaccine hub. I should do it in about 1hr 20 mins so that how it will be, no bus or taxi for me.

• Like 2

We have just got back from our morning walk and was surprised how many people are out walking compared to normal? The main roads are passable with care but four wheel drive only on the back roads that we walk along. I guess there will be a few no shows for the jab today, just hope they don't have to waste any. I wonder if the surgeries and hubs giving the vaccine have any policy for contacting local people who could walk at short notice regardless of their age/health if people don't turn up?

Local radio is telling people in our area that they should still attend for vaccinations in the Rotherham/Sheffield area's. The roads even on some main routes are struggling .A bus route on the main road to Rotherham crematorium is struggling . A kind hearted soul has seen a hearse stuck on the hill and has got his 4x4 and towed the hearse into the grounds so the funeral can continue .

The Mrs has just informed me that he is helping another hearse as well that is also stuck .It must be distressing for the loved ones but thanks to the guy and his 4x4 I hope it eases their sad day .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7

There’s a distinct split in the country wrt weather today, isn’t there?  We’ve got warm and dry, after overnight rain, and even a bit of sunshine (which has some warmth in it - Hurrah!). Forecast for 4C tomorrow and the back to the 8/9/10 range for the foreseeable 

Hope Purplesea is improving as the day progresses.

No news here - what’s new?  Oh - I am now enjoying Richard Osman’s book.  Hope I might finish it this after

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Bit the bullet and moved our mid April Canaries holiday to mid September Minorca. April seems a bit iffy. Can always rebook if things improve. New York for Valentine's may be off as well🤔

I know I will be accused of being a pessimist,  but I can't see any way that the US or UK governments will change their policies by mid February. 

• Haha 1