P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

55 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I think that age is irrelevant, if there is enough love it will work.  My husband and I met when we were 15 so have been together for 52 years but didn't marry until we were 27 and have been married for 40 years last November.  I think it helped is that our upbringings were very similar. When our parents first met it was strange because we found that they knew each other, our fathers had gone to school together and our mothers had trained as nurses together.  My sister was 18 when she married a boy that she had only known for 7 months, my parents weren't happy about it but she was determined and they have now been married for 47 years.

Lovely story Josy.

Graham.

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,it's a bit grey this morning with the odd shower knocking around

6.c at the moment but tipping it to reach double figures later around 11.c, Not 

that I'm going anywhere ,Just staying inside, which helps our NHS :classic_love:

Last night I was watching the Mars landing ,amazing how we can control something

so far away , so much we can learn .Did you know  I would be only 30% as heavy on

Mars as I am right now...That means I am not overweight , I just live on the wrong planet.:classic_unsure:

They think they could even find water up there on mars but doubt they will find alcohol,

which means no pubs or Mars Bars on Mars :classic_smile:

Any way back on earth ,Take care ,keep safe & have a good day everyone .:classic_smile:

5°C here,cloudy but very windy.

It is green bin day today so as soon as they have been I will bring the green bin back around the back.

Pauline in bed on the phone to her cousin in Adelaide Australia so they will be chatting for over an hour so I have come downstairs to make my breakfast porridge and watch TV downstairs.

It is forecast for 11°C later so hopefully we might have a walk around the estate and probably call into Gregg's for some stotties and takeaway coffee and pastries.

Good luck everyone who are getting vaccines today and tomorrow.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My neighbour's had xrays done on her ankle, wrist and elbow, She has a small break in her elbow, but they don't want to pot it as it will restrict her mobility. She's back home now and her daughter's with her.

My friend is also back home, got back at 3.30pm. I had thought she would be able to go to her sons as she is still weak and unsteady on her legs, but the hospital have said she has to go to her own home alone and isolate for 7 days as she still testing positive for Covid. They've given her a walking frame to help, but how is she supposed to get a cuppa or anything? but her DIL has said they'll work something out.

I met Frank when I was 15 and he was and older man at 17😉I had a curfew on weeknights and had to be home for 10pm. We'd been to the pictures and I'd missed my bus, so Frank walked me home. We were saying goodnight and dad came flying out  of the house shouting. Instead of opening the gate Frank jumped over the fence. I think dad might have been angry because I said I was going out with my friends😁So that's the tale of dad chasing Frank, and we still laugh about it now.

Avril

Brilliant story Avril. Hope your neighbour will be ok.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I like the different locations . Some are familiar like Bergen, so you can easily picture it in your mind. But I’ve also learned a lot about other unfamiliar places 

I'm not sure if I like the first one set in Rio or the Bergen one.  I have two books 5 and 6 waiting to be read, as number 6 is due out soon I thinkg I should crack on and get them read. Pa Salt's death has puzzled me!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Sometimes Graham I think it's a combination of good luck, determination, staying power and of course love. We all change as we get older, and the person I was when we married is not the same person that I am today, neither is Frank. Our likes and dislikes alter as do our personalities. Compatable at 17 may not be at 37, 57 or 77. We are fortunate to still love the same things, even the new things that we have encountered throughout our life, and I'm thankful for that, as couldn't imagine my life without him.

Avril

That is so very true, we are definitely not the same people we were but now we love and respect each other more than ever and couldn’t imagine our lives any different and I do enjoy having a good argument every now and then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

That is so very true, we are definitely not the same people we were but now we love and respect each other more than ever and couldn’t imagine our lives any different and I do enjoy having a good argument every now and then.

I Thought I'd  won an argument with my wife about how to rearrange our furniture.....

But when I got home, the tables were turned :classic_unsure:  

They do say the secret to a happy marriage is ... A short memory :classic_wink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

How different we all are!!!!

We met at 59 and 62...... got together two years later but decided we would live in our own houses 😀

15 years later OH decided he would like to move as he lived next door to the business he had just sold.  He asked if I would go with him and here we are... just three days in our new bungalow, up to our ears in boxes, but we still haven't murdered each other.

This is much to the absolute amusement of the kids who think it is hilarious😲🤣😇

• Like 18

Just now, Eddie99 said:

Hey - you’ve moved!  How was it (if it causes you to much pain, you do not need to answer that 🚛)

Thank you, it was fine.  

Its quite fun opening all the boxes and rearranging.  We are going it at our own speed as if it takes a month it just doesn't matter.

We put up a large mirror this morning, and misjudged the height.  It shows two holes in the wall from previously.  We are so determined not to get stressed, we laughed and called each other stupid!!!!!😄

• Like 3

It’s dry and very, very windy here.  Much wetness forecast from about noon, so we’ve been out and bought our fish for tonight (Dover sole - sadly I can’t do the “table theatre” of the Epicurean restaurant, where you see your whole, cooked, fish but your waiter whisks it aside to his trolley, where it is deboned and defrilled with surgical precision,  put together again to look whole and returned to your place setting)

Pup has started her first season, so after 2 months freedom, playing with the other dogs and developing a great recall, she is back on the 30’ training lead.  Poor thing - obviously doesn’t understand why.  Never mind, we’ll get through it and she’ll have the op so this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

I'm not sure if I like the first one set in Rio or the Bergen one.  I have two books 5 and 6 waiting to be read, as number 6 is due out soon I thinkg I should crack on and get them read. Pa Salt's death has puzzled me!

There’s something odd about his death for sure! I loved the history behind the statue in Rio - it was all new to me. I’ve never been really interested in Australia (but Morgan’s Run was a cracking read) and coupled with the fact that CeCe wasn’t very likeable means that book 4 was the least enjoyable for me. 

• Like 2

Maybe a bit of gardening here today. Sun is on and off  but it

is warm enough.  Bought a Plum tree yesterday at Aldi to

replace one that died of a couple of years back. We have

run out of plum jam and have only bramble jelly left. 

A year or so supply as it was a bumper crop last year.  

Had been looking last autumn for a plum tree coming

into the supermarkets as that is the time to plant them?

Anyway  Aldi have apple cherry pear and plum for £10

so went for it.  Thought  it would be maybe  4 - 6 foot, they only

had one left  ( or as it was 8.30am maybe they only ever had one)

It is 9 foot!!!  (pic) which I think is tall for a 2 year old.

Anyway that is todays project  will just get it planted and  will

think  more about size in april/may which I think is the best

time for pruning.  Then just another  few years to wait for

plum jam.  yum!

Our snowdrops have deigned to flower - they are in a shaded spot

and are usually behind.image_2021-02-19_115605.thumb.png.435b53397e482d576d9255c71cf5b4ea.png

DSCN0425.thumb.JPG.6dbf7097a21aa6cba5cb097e4793671d.JPG

• Like 10

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Wet and windy weather forecast for today.

Good day for my frozen mash potato production line to start up!

Wet and windy here too. What gran would call 'baby weather'😊

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not overweight either kalos, I'm just not not tall enough.

I should be 8' 6''😁

Avril

I have put my name forward for a space mission.

Apparently your spine stretches 2 inches when there is no gravity.

Should do wonders for my BMI.🤔😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have been pestered big time by Princess this morning, they are obviously on a drive to get bookings.  Our contact has texted, emailed and phoned , I ignored the text and email but picked up the phone.  I have told her that we have no intention of booking while the current restrictions are in place because we don't want to go on organised tours not stay on board when in port, we don't want to book seats in the theatre etc. She said that it might be several years before we get back to cruising as it was before the pandemic which is no surprise and we had already decided to again in the UK for at least. this year and next year.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

P&O space cruises 400 nights, use your FCC's now.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I was hoping for a Fly Cruise with Virgin Galactica.😎

You would be sat on Space Cruiser Ar-Via  a very long time In space so remember to take a small medical kit with you you . In outer space you don't get hemorrhoids  due to zero gravity but I have been told that assteroids  are quite common ,so make sure you take the right cream with you :classic_wink:
I shall not be booking ,apart from the fantastic view from your balcony ,I bet it's a boring cruise with no atmosphere at all . :classic_unsure: 🚀🚀 🌙

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4