P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, kalos said:

I have had my tablet review this morning and other things like BP . They were more than happy with

my readings from my recent tests. I am now down to six type of type of tablets from eight which is great for me as I detest having to take tablets . Good to hear that Pauline had no side effects but 

we will never know if that was due to the two tablets or she had none anyway but the main thing is

she is vaccinated  and free from side effects . Splices post made me smile , sat poking an injection

site to see if it hurts is not a side effect, silly yes , so don't do it .:classic_smile:

Have a good day everyone & stay safe !

I'm happy to hear you got great results from your recent tests Kalos.

I have 5 different tablets plus the precautionary spray.

Take care mate.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank you so much Josy - for your good wishes and sound advice. I'm staying home this year too, apart from a short break on the Suffolk coast in August. Next year, all being well, I am on Ventura with the family. However, looking forward another year made me think that I'm wishing my life away so until then I'm going to try and find some new and different things to enjoy - don't know what yet! Be well and stay safe too. Best wishes. Jane.x

Suffolk coast - how lovely, Jane!  So nice, so relaxing. And a good sunshine record too. We rented a place on the Norfolk coast for ourselves and the rest of the family in the summer of 2019 - one of the best holidays we’ve ever had. Azura a few weeks before that, but both equally good, in different ways.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Beckett said:

Reading so many of your posts I realise, not for the first time, how lucky I was to have been in a bubble with my immediate family; that's my daughter,  son-in-law, and two granddaughters. Without them, and my dog, this past year could have been unbearable for me. So, I just want to say that I really feel for you all who are longing for those family hugs that hopefully will be coming your way very soon. 

After nearly 2 weeks away, I'm going back to work tomorrow. We've agreed that I will cut down by one day per week with a view to 2 days in 2022 so we'll see how that pans out. I'm also going to continue with the vaccine volunteering but again, much pared down from previously.  Fingers crossed!

I've been so excited to read all about your staycations - and almost tempted to book one, but have resisted- so far!  Best wishes to all. Jane.x

Hi Jane

Glad that your time off has given you the headspace to consider your future and put in place what works for you. After this last year a lot of us are doing the same and I’ve been crunching the numbers to see how early I could retire which looks like it could be in 6 years time.

There is a bit of a fly in the ointment though as there is a possibility that my Trust will be taken over by another and my job will be at risk as a result. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can at least get to 55 so that I can use any redundancy to pay up my pension.

Keep your chin up lovely x

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Beckett said:

Reading so many of your posts I realise, not for the first time, how lucky I was to have been in a bubble with my immediate family; that's my daughter,  son-in-law, and two granddaughters. Without them, and my dog, this past year could have been unbearable for me. So, I just want to say that I really feel for you all who are longing for those family hugs that hopefully will be coming your way very soon. 

After nearly 2 weeks away, I'm going back to work tomorrow. We've agreed that I will cut down by one day per week with a view to 2 days in 2022 so we'll see how that pans out. I'm also going to continue with the vaccine volunteering but again, much pared down from previously.  Fingers crossed!

I've been so excited to read all about your staycations - and almost tempted to book one, but have resisted- so far!  Best wishes to all. Jane.x

Hi Jane so pleased your feeling better and feeling well enough to go back to work, and everyone appreciates all you’ve done and are continuing to do,. It’s very uplifting seeing everyone booking their cruises and we’re all looking forward to better things, covid will be with us for a long time and we have to take all the necessary precautions and learn to live safely with it, be tempted and book one it’s something to look forward to 👍Lindy x 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emam said:

Lets hope they sort the toilets out.

Fortunately we are only 5 miles from home if we needed a toilet.

I have never been in Tania's but they are in a great location for business with 2 car parks next to them and the beach 100 metres away. 

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Fortunately we are only 5 miles from home if we needed a toilet.

I have never been in Tania's but they are in a great location for business with 2 car parks next to them and the beach 100 metres away. 

I've been in a few times, it was basic inside and found it okay, but she was not so pleasant. Not a place I would particularly pick to go to, but okay if you are out and about.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beckett said:

I hope returning to work has been bearable and that you enjoyed seeing your colleagues again. I think you’ve made a very wise decision in cutting down on your workload and lessening the stress.

I am not booking any cruises for the foreseeable as I’m trying to move house (not going well) so I am also looking forward to hearing about everyone’s experiences.

Gill x

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

So far Pauline has had no side effects.

I got her to take 2 paracetamol before she went to sleep so she had a pain killer in her system in case she had pain during the night.

Delighted to hear Pauline had no side effects....... Make sure she takes it easy today tho! X

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I hope returning to work has been bearable and that you enjoyed seeing your colleagues again. I think you’ve made a very wise decision in cutting down on your workload and lessening the stress.

I am not booking any cruises for the foreseeable as I’m trying to move house (not going well) so I am also looking forward to hearing about everyone’s experiences.

Gill x

Good luck with the new house hunt Gill.

Graham.

• Like 1

Just now, Angel57 said:

Delighted to hear Pauline had no side effects....... Make sure she takes it easy today tho! X

Thanks Gill.

I brought her dinner in bed last night and breakfast in bed this morning.

We are currently sitting looking out to sea after I did a couple of calls.

Graham.

16166711632188242965704038117860.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

What a fantastic photo, was the highlight of lockdown last year going for our local walk and waiting by the river Trent to see if we could see kingfishers.

We have several kingfisher sites close by, its is great when you just catch that flash of colour as they dart around. Woodpeckers are also making a comeback with us, albeit tricky to spot, you can here them but can't usually see them.

A little overcast and cooler here at the moment. I'm pleased Splice and Pauline are both after effect free so far🤞 Our youngest daughter has trotted  off with a spring in her step to the doctors for her jab this morning, so I hope she's no after effects either. Nice that your tests are still good Kalos, it's always a positive sign when your tablets are being reduced. Take care😊

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

I did know it was quite some years ago but in my opinion it was never has good, the same applies to Terrys of York since they were closed and production went abroad.

I've just read that Betty's tea rooms in Stoneygate, York won't be reopening after this lockdown. That's such a shame, it's a lovely place.

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just read that Betty's tea rooms in Stoneygate, York won't be reopening after this lockdown. That's such a shame, it's a lovely place.

Avril

That’s really sad it’s a lovely place for tea and a big rascal wonder if the one in Harrogate will be closing 
Lindy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A little overcast and cooler here at the moment. I'm pleased Splice and Pauline are both after effect free so far🤞 Our youngest daughter has trotted  off with a spring in her step to the doctors for her jab this morning, so I hope she's no after effects either. Nice that your tests are still good Kalos, it's always a positive sign when your tablets are being reduced. Take care😊

Avril

Best wishes for your daughters vaccine jab today and hopefully she has no after effects too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The Harrogate Betty's always has big queues so hopefully they deem it viable after lockdown.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

My feeling is that the Waitrose side of the business is pretty robust, with a loyal customer base.

Years ago, when I had dealings with the major head offices,  Bracknell was my favourite sales call !

I'm sure John will be OK.

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Imagine the impact of a merged John Lewis/Marks and Spencer.

A combined Waitrose/M&S Foods (both very profitable now) operating from stores across the country.

All the rest entirely online, with the exception perhaps of a very small number of major stores in key locations.

Thank you wowzz I think he is naturally pessimistic but having been made redundant twice I suppose it’s understandable.

I’m not sure if Waitrose is very profitable Harry, you’d would think they were safe being a food business but they are always telling the staff things need to get better. No bonus this year so can’t be enough profit!  If he’s made redundant in about 4 years time he won’t mind as he’ll be close to retirement! 

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

It may be just the smaller one, that's in Stonegate, they have 2 in York.

Hopefully the larger one will stay open.

• Like 4