P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were the same. The heating broke down and we are supposed to get emergency call outs as part of the service, they took 3 days (and as it would be the 3 days where we went to minus overnight) but thankfully were able to fix it there and then when they did eventually come. While they were in they did the annual service as well.

What we did find out as a result was that we were entitled for a refund for the service they didn’t / couldn’t do last year. If you didn’t get your service as a result of lockdowns ask and you will might be due a refund as well if BG is the same as SG.

BG told us via email that they were going to cancel our annual service unless we had any issues.  Got the refund within 30 days of the when service should have taken place.

33 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

But I was staggered that in these Covid times he asked to use my bathroom. I’m afraid I said no.

But what was he meant to do? 

I know we have to be careful, but what is the difference between the chap working on your boiler for half an hour, and then standing in your bathroom for 3 minutes?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve just had my boiler serviced this morning. Thankfully all ok. But I was staggered that in these Covid times he asked to use my bathroom. I’m afraid I said no.

Not having the best day as the buyer of my house dropped out (a few weeks short of exchanging). Pathetic excuses from her. She is of course entitled to do so, but after having allowed her five visits to measure up and plan garden I’m not exactly full of good feelings towards her!

Am waiting to hear if the owners of the property I want will give me time to find a new buyer.  Talk about stressed.....

On the plus side I’m getting my second jab of Pfizer this afternoon.

Gill x

If he gets the same response from all properties he is visiting, well, he's in trouble.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But what was he meant to do? 

I know we have to be careful, but what is the difference between the chap working on your boiler for half an hour, and then standing in your bathroom for 3 minutes?

To be brutally honest, that is not my problem. Bannisters, door handles, taps, toilet etc would all have to be sanitised and I’ve had issues before where workmen have not left the bathroom in a good state if you get my drift 💩

10 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

To be brutally honest, that is not my problem. Bannisters, door handles, taps, toilet etc would all have to be sanitised and I’ve had issues before where workmen have not left the bathroom in a good state if you get my drift 💩

I understand about the state of the bathroom, but current evidence shows that the chances of CV19 transference through surface contact is very low indeed. It might be wise to be careful if you touch something that hundreds of others may have touched before you, (grab handles on a bus, fir example) but otherwise no additional precautions are really necessary. We have learnt so much in the last year, but some habits are hard to shake. Still, your house, your rules.  

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-06/chance-of-catching-covid-19-from-surfaces-less-than-previously-thought-scientists-claim

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Like many, I get an email every morning about discounted hotels. We will try the Laura Ashley one before the darling little children start there hols. I saw a film about children in the lake District running around shooting innocent folk with bows and arrows. I hope it has changed since then🤔

The Lake view suite we had in September 2019 was £350bbpn.Cheaper rooms without Lake views are from £250bbpn.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The Lake view suite we had in September 2019 was £350bbpn.Cheaper rooms without Lake views are from £250bbpn.

I don't know if I can mention the website but Standard room B&B £159 per room, but nothing til October.

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My husband had the exact reactions as yours to his second AZ jab. At least the worst of it only lasts 24 hrs. I can only imagine how terrible it must be to actually contract the real thing. Thank goodness we now won't find out.

Avril 

It is terrible Avril from personal experience and I'm delighted for you both that you have had both vaccines and you now have great protection against covid19.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

I don't know if I can mention the website but Standard room B&B £159 per room, but nothing til October.

We booked 2 rooms as we were treating Pauline's cousin and her husband when they were over from Australia for her 60th birthday and 40th wedding anniversary and got prime Lake view rooms.

We were told by the hotel that some of the cheaper rooms were small and at the back or side of the hotel.

Lovely hotel and fabulous views of Lake Windermere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Funny, but the situation for the "workman" wasn't was it ? I would have been tempted to stop, collect my tools and say "good day"

We had our BG boiler service and CH inspection before lock down. The chap asked to use the loo. I didn't even think to say no. I must say he was even quicker than the quick fit fitter.🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve just had my boiler serviced this morning. Thankfully all ok. But I was staggered that in these Covid times he asked to use my bathroom. I’m afraid I said no.

Not having the best day as the buyer of my house dropped out (a few weeks short of exchanging). Pathetic excuses from her. She is of course entitled to do so, but after having allowed her five visits to measure up and plan garden I’m not exactly full of good feelings towards her!

Am waiting to hear if the owners of the property I want will give me time to find a new buyer.  Talk about stressed.....

On the plus side I’m getting my second jab of Pfizer this afternoon.

Gill x

Good luck with your second Pfizer Vaccine this afternoon.

That was very frustrating what those buyers did especially when you had been so amenable.

Hopefully things work out for you Gill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I’ve done ‘a Graham’ today! Had to collect some goods for my OH and had a cup of coffee on the seafront in Aberdyfi. Quite overcast but very quiet there today.

9B534D45-F688-48A8-85F7-08BAF6CFBB8B.thumb.jpeg.7513bb7126859d66c87a3b3f02fc9f92.jpeg

523E390D-9789-4197-826A-846A676A7EDB.thumb.jpeg.5863a8eef18f4103429223811c531bbf.jpeg

Lovely pictures.

I hope you found it as relaxing as we did and enjoyed getting out.

Graham.

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Lovely pictures.

I hope you found it as relaxing as we did and enjoyed getting out.

Graham.

To be honest Graham, it was thinking of you that made me stop there otherwise I would have driven straight home! Worth it just to smell the salt!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

So do I. I mention them often, hoping he still reads the posts occasionally and knows we still miss him and they're not forgotten. Andy let us know that he wouldn't be posting, but Harry and Selbourne just - well  they just disappeared. Maybe there both too busy at the the moment to post🤞

Avril

I think we all miss Andy on here but as he runs a business and Michelle's health is not good I can understand after some poster's provoked him why he decided enough is enough.

As long as they are both well I am happy for them and maybe when cruising resumes he might take his place again among his friends on here.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I will warn you, be very careful Wednesday May 26th we will be playing at Goldenhill.

Do you want me to warn the neighbourhood or will you have already reached your peak by then. I think we will be in Wales that week anyway.

7 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

To be honest Graham, it was thinking of you that made me stop there otherwise I would have driven straight home! Worth it just to smell the salt!

I'm pleased you did and hopefully you enjoyed it too.

I think Lockdown and Covid19 makes us appreciate things more like sitting having a coffee and taking in the views and just relaxing and enjoying our selves.

Graham.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Funny, but the situation for the "workman" wasn't was it ? I would have been tempted to stop, collect my tools and say "good day"

Us gasmen P in the kitchen sink anyway.Seen it on the telly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve been watching Classic Corrie in the afternoons (sad I know) and dear old Alf is still in it at the moment, he does look ill though 😢

Tricia left a couple of moths ago!

I say,I say,Fred Elliot was good too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We haven't been up to the lakes for about 5 years, we used to visit regularly for weekends walking.  It is one of my favourite parts of the country, I think we need to look into a break up there because we have decided to stay in the UK this year.

I’ve booked an apartment just South of Bowness for early July, every time I looked the price had gone up! Lots of UK  places are either full or very pricey this year. I was looking at cottages and some have no availability in June or July, so don’t leave it too long!

• Like 1