P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Not been too bad a day here sunny spells, looks like we are going to get thunderstorms again, as I heard thunder in distance whilst in the greenhouse potting on some plug plants I had just received and move a load of other plants into cold frame, will start to plant up the wall baskets next week.

Gone really dark, I prudently have left the greenhouse and gone inside, greenhouse probably not the best place to be during a thunderstorm.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Thanks. Planning on a visit to Dale, to visit the church where my uncle was the vicar,  back jn the 40s/50s 

Have a good time Wowzz, and Happy Anniversary yo you both. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We went to Junction 32 for our morning coffee, we met some friends we hadn't seen for over 18 months so sat on and around one of the benches chatting for 2 hours in lovely warm sunshine. It started clouding over so we went our separate ways as Mrs YP had her washing out, I said "Don't worry Avril on Cruise critic says its not going to rain" . In the 20 minute drive home it turned into a downpour yet when we got home we hadn't had a drop, within 10 minutes it was pouring down, luckily the washing was in.

We haven't had a drop of rain here all day,  so technically my forecast was right😊 I'm glad you and Mrs YP had  a good day out and got home in time. I could never have forgiven myself if  her washing had got wet😉

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We haven't had a drop of rain here all day,  so technically my forecast was right😊 I'm glad you and Mrs YP had  a good day out and got home in time. I could never have forgiven myself if  her washing had got wet😉

Avril

Your forecast was spot on for us Avril.😎

• Like 1

Good morning all. A nice bright morning here (so far anyway).

Some of my plants have died as we have had really late frost this year. My apple trees are however blooming beautifully so I’m hoping for a decent crop later in the year. 

My mint is also doing well, a good excuse for mojitos once the sun eventually shines (beginning to feel it never will). I do like a summer cocktail, some of the canned ones are quite good now particularly the nitrogen ones.

Have a good day all.

• Like 2

Booked a night in one of our favourite hotels near Scarborough and the Yorkshire Moors to celebrate our 52nd Anniversary on the 24th May.

Will be our first night away for almost 2 year's, due to family reasons and then the pandemic.

• Like 8

Good morning everyone and happy Friday.

I thought I would try and replicate a morning post like the ones we so look forward to from himself. So I sat for a good 30 minutes thinking what to say before realisation came crashing down in that:

A)  I have no jokes

B)  I'm not funny

C)  I'm no Kalos

So having failed miserably I'll just wish you all a lovely weekend and hope you stay healthy. Best wishes to everyone and Kalos, and Andy and Michelle. Jane.x

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Booked a night in one of our favourite hotels near Scarborough and the Yorkshire Moors to celebrate our 52nd Anniversary on the 24th May.

Will be our first night away for almost 2 year's, due to family reasons and then the pandemic.

After you have been, would you like to share the name of the hotel?  I'm looking for somewhere good to try in that area. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

So having failed miserably I'll just wish you all a lovely weekend and hope you stay healthy. Best wishes to everyone and Kalos, and Andy and Michelle. Jane.x

Yes, these people did enrich this forum with their posts.  Many years ago, on another forum, I followed, and corresponded with, another poster and I felt I knew her so well, then she just disappeared without a word.  I pondered on it for ages and felt a real sense of loss.  I also hope they are all keeping well and return soon - and Harry too.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

After you have been, would you like to share the name of the hotel?  I'm looking for somewhere good to try in that area. Thanks.

Wray Head Hotel on the outskirts of Scarborough, been before and it's excellent, check it out the website.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Wray Head Hotel on the outskirts of Scarborough, been before and it's excellent, check it out the website.

I second that. Stayed there 3 years ago and agree that it is excellent. A bit expensive but well worth it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I thought I would try and replicate a morning post like the ones we so look forward to from himself. So I sat for a good 30 minutes thinking what to say before realisation came crashing down in that:

A)  I have no jokes

B)  I'm not funny

C)  I'm no Kalos

You are a nice person doing a critical job Jane and we like you for that.

Take care.

Graham x.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Yes, these people did enrich this forum with their posts.  Many years ago, on another forum, I followed, and corresponded with, another poster and I felt I knew her so well, then she just disappeared without a word.  I pondered on it for ages and felt a real sense of loss.  I also hope they are all keeping well and return soon - and Harry too.

Oh I forgot Harry - sorry Harry, you're also on the missed list. That experience on your other forum must have been very upsetting mrsgoggins. It's  the not knowing isn't it? I know that in the absence of actual cruising some of our exchanges are a bit banal but knowing you have 'friends' on this site is strangely comforting- even if we're just talking about the weather. Have a good day. Jane.x

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I agree,they certainly kept the forums interesting.

As long as they are well that is the main thing and maybe they just lost interest.

• Like 3

Morning everyone, a cloudy dull day here today.

Going to the gym this morning, I have been trying to go 3/4 times per week to try get fitter again, I must admit I feel a bit better I think.

Well I lost my glasses last night while sitting on the sofa( how can that happen?), I couldn’t find then so stood up and heard a crushing sound. Yep, I had crushed them underfoot. Waiting for optician to open at 9 to book an appointment. Luckily they are only reading glasses and I still have my old pair. 
Stay safe everyone and have a lovely weekend 

Michelle

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, a cloudy dull day here today.

Going to the gym this morning, I have been trying to go 3/4 times per week to try get fitter again, I must admit I feel a bit better I think.

Well I lost my glasses last night while sitting on the sofa( how can that happen?), I couldn’t find then so stood up and heard a crushing sound. Yep, I had crushed them underfoot. Waiting for optician to open at 9 to book an appointment. Luckily they are only reading glasses and I still have my old pair. 
Stay safe everyone and have a lovely weekend 

Michelle

Another cost Michelle! Glad your gym visits are being therapeutic for you. I used to go to the gym every morning before work a few years ago - until I got my dog, when I thought walking him would give me all the exercise I need. Unfortunately I seem to have chosen the only dog in the world who's not keen on walking! Give him a bed, a sofa, and a nice warm radiator and he's happy. Show him his harness and lead and he hides! Have a good day and hope you can get an appointment with the optician. Jane.x

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You are a nice person doing a critical job Jane and we like you for that.

Take care.

Graham x.

Well said Graham, we all have our talents, it just takes longer for some of us to find them, but I will keep looking

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Well said Graham, we all have our talents, it just takes longer for some of us to find them, but I will keep looking

You are a friendly interesting poster with good humour Phil and well liked by us all.

• Like 4

Can I ask you lovely friendly cruisers a question?

We are going to take Grandchildren on a cruise next summer, ages 14,11, 9 & 4(nearly5).

We have cruised Royal Caribbean before with them which has every activity imaginable although they did not use the kids clubs. They loved it but Royal is ridiculously high prices next year.

We are looking at Ventura or Sky Princess.

I would welcome your opinions on either ship 

Thanks

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

A)  I have no jokes

B)  I'm not funny

C)  I'm no Kalos

Morning Jane. That's just how I felt when I tried yesterday, I couldn't even get the forecast right for Phil and Mrs YP's outing, but luckily she made it home in time to rescue her washing😁

So I have concluded that it's best if I leave it to our resident expert. I know my place😏 . He should be back soon🤞

I hope work is going well for you Jane, and you're not over-doing it. You sound much chirpier now, so that's good. Take care, and enjoy your weekend.

Avril

• Like 1