P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Hello all, I’ve had a good day. We had our stair carpet fitted this morning, it’s lovely and thick. 

The chap took two hours to fit it but as he came at 8.15am we had time for a quick food shop before our son dropped of our grandson for his first visit for over a year without his parents.

I opened the door and he smiled and said ‘hello nanny’ and marched straight out to the garden! He had a lovely time and didn’t get upset at all, he did give his mum and dad big cuddles when they came to collect him though!

Lovely bluebells Eddie, and I add my concerns about the whereabouts of Kalos.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, I’ve had a good day. We had our stair carpet fitted this morning, it’s lovely and thick. 

The chap took two hours to fit it but as he came at 8.15am we had time for a quick food shop before our son dropped of our grandson for his first visit for over a year without his parents.

I opened the door and he smiled and said ‘hello nanny’ and marched straight out to the garden! He had a lovely time and didn’t get upset at all, he did give his mum and dad big cuddles when they came to collect him though!

Lovely bluebells Eddie, and I add my concerns about the whereabouts of Kalos.

I was thinking of you having your little grandson today, glad it went well 🥰

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 12:53 PM, Angel57 said:

Not having the best day as the buyer of my house dropped out (a few weeks short of exchanging). Pathetic excuses from her. She is of course entitled to do so, but after having allowed her five visits to measure up and plan garden I’m not exactly full of good feelings towards her!

Am waiting to hear if the owners of the property I want will give me time to find a new buyer.  Talk about stressed.....

On the plus side I’m getting my second jab of Pfizer this afternoon.

Gill x

Sorry to read about your house news! We’ve had the same problem in reverse this week. Our daughter had her offer accepted on a house months ago but the owner decided to staying put , told them Monday evening 🥴 Our daughter and her husband are in a rented 2nd floor flat with a 1 year old and the flat owner is selling it so they’ve had a fraught  couple of days trying to find something else, but they’ve found one today, offer accepted,  needs a lot of TLC but it’s empty and has no chain so hopefully this one will go smoothly.

I hope you get new buyers very soon!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry to read about your house news! We’ve had the same problem in reverse this week. Our daughter had her offer accepted on a house months ago but the owner decided to staying put , told them Monday evening 🥴 Our daughter and her husband are in a rented 2nd floor flat with a 1 year old and the flat owner is selling it so they’ve had a fraught  couple of days trying to find something else, but they’ve found one today, offer accepted,  needs a lot of TLC but it’s empty and has no chain so hopefully this one will go smoothly.

I hope you get new buyers very soon!

That’s no fun when you have a little one. Very pleased they have found somewhere else though.

I have a couple of viewings booked in so fingers are crossed!

• Like 5

We were lucky with our recent purchase ,the Vendors were moving to Scotland. 

The weird thing was though, that we viewed  and we both wanted it, made an offer  and things started moving.  We went back just once quickly, then because of covid we all decided it was safer not to meet up again.  The upshot of that was that we were moving into a property we could hardly remember!  The Vendors very kindly did small videos of everything important which was great, and it turned moving day into a big adventure!!!😃

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 6

Thanks for sharing that - could you explain where it was taken?

We have lots of bird families at present, and do they take a lot of feeding!  Goldfinches, greenfinches and chaffinches; all kinds of tits which refuse to use the nest boxes, probably because they are new, and of course our bossy robin and all the others.  It is lovely to sit sometimes near the window and watch them at the feeding station.  The occasional sparrowhawk hovering; they find our garden problematic as there are lots of trees to negotiate before they can get at the pigeons.

A lovely morning at present in Lincs., but will probably  be getting the sharp showers sometime.

• Like 2

Gosh, I think we are all missing the posts from Kalos as he never fails to cheer up a dreary morning.......

Talking of dreary - it is raining here in West Sussex altho very mild. 
Lunch is outside today at a nearby pub so am hoping the rain stops!

Have a good day everyone.

Gill x

• Like 5

Step son who lives in Australia has forwarded articles indicating that oz will be keeping foreign travel quarantine requirements until mid 2022. If so we will have to transfer yet again our March 2022 QM2 oz and Asia cruise!! But things could change between now and balance due date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bright and sunny morning down here, just into double figures, and supposed to stay sunny all day.

We had a family of sparrows on our lawn yesterday. Mum and Dad looking for worms and then feeding them to the youngsters. I stood watching them from the window until something scared them off.

Another day of nothing doing, but hope everyone enjoys their day.

• Like 4

My first meet up with my Tangent Club friends for ages,   in a park  (in Meopham), has been cancelled due to today's weather.   I've moved about 20 miles away so it was a wise decision.

Oh well it will have to be Plan B,  a quick trip to Hempstead as OH is desperate for M and S trousers, and my eyebrows need doing.  Not stopping there long though.  We are still building our confidence.

Have a nice day everyone.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone and Andy, Michelle and Kalos.😉

A lovely day on the cards for us today, a little light cloud but warm, 13c at the moment with a promise of 16c, and no rain🤞 Well, that's the weather forecast out of the way, now what!!😏

Nope, can't think of anything interesting except, 'I hope your day will be more exciting than mine looks to be'

I think we need Kalos' inspiration. Not much longer now I hope.

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to and take care.

Avril

• Like 5

Morning everyone, including kalos and A&M

No news from the Deep South either, except that the heavy overnight rain has stopped.  There were thoughts that it might continue for 24 hours solid

OH has just done a Covid antibody test, for which he was randomly selected. All quite simple, involving a blood ***** and a ‘pregnancy test’ type device.  That was quick but completing the associated online questionnaire took longer.  Anyway, it seems to indicate that he has antibodies but has never had Covid.  

Enjoy your day all, whether it is another day in , shopping, lunching, walking, whatever

• Like 3

Good morning all. Well wet and cold here (again) today and forecast to be the same for the next week then (drumroll) sunshine!

We have another bit of opening up on Monday so I can have the family inside for dinner rather than freezing out in the garden. Small steps back to normality, numbers are really low here and will hopefully stay that way.

I've just been listening to an article on the radio about a new phrase used by gen z for anything they think is uncool and past being on trend (and by using the word cool I’m showing clearly that I am an old git). The world is cheugy.

Apparently skinny jeans, lasagna, fairly lights, T-shirt’s with slogans on them, a garden bar etc etc are all cheugy. So if someone applies this term to you, you will know it’s a gen z being cheeky and can respond accordingly. I’d never heard of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone and Andy, Michelle and Kalos.😉

A lovely day on the cards for us today, a little light cloud but warm, 13c at the moment with a promise of 16c, and no rain🤞 Well, that's the weather forecast out of the way, now what!!😏

Nope, can't think of anything interesting except, 'I hope your day will be more exciting than mine looks to be'

I think we need Kalos' inspiration. Not much longer now I hope.

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to and take care.

Avril

Morning Avril,Kalos, Andy and friends.

11°C and sunny at home but we got  McDonald's Toasted Muffins and bacon/cheese flatbreads and coffee and came to the beach where it is misty with a sea fret.

Looking forward to next week when restaurants can serve food indoors and hotel stays are allowed.

Graham.

16208997933517696653386494050563.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Good morning all. Well wet and cold here (again) today and forecast to be the same for the next week then (drumroll) sunshine!

We have another bit of opening up on Monday so I can have the family inside for dinner rather than freezing out in the garden. Small steps back to normality, numbers are really low here and will hopefully stay that way.

I've just been listening to an article on the radio about a new phrase used by gen z for anything they think is uncool and past being on trend (and by using the word cool I’m showing clearly that I am an old git). The world is cheugy.

Apparently skinny jeans, lasagna, fairly lights, T-shirt’s with slogans on them, a garden bar etc etc are all cheugy. So if someone applies this term to you, you will know it’s a gen z being cheeky and can respond accordingly. I’d never heard of it.

I heard a piece about cheugy on the radio yesterday and thought with some of the things considered to be cheugy, it would be a compliment to many of us to referred to in this way. I know language has to evolve but I sometimes think classifying people in this way, intended to be slightly derogatory, is unnecessary.
Using social media to gain 5 minutes of fame by inventing a new ‘word’ which is picked up by journalists trying to fill newspapers and providing padding for speech radio and TV news all seems so pointless.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 4

Yes

i read an article implying that the word might actually be a deliberate red herring, planted just to see if people (journalists/commentators etc) could be taken in and basically make fools of themselves in attempting to be *down with the kids* (I’m sure that’s not a current expression )

Think Chris Morris and “cake”

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

haha 😂 

I had to look this up as I’d never heard of it and I’m 33. 
apparently is aimed at millennials from gen z. They are picking up all the off trend stuff 

the chevron pattern, anything that says "girl boss" on it, graphic T-shirts, Ugg boots, being a little too into Disney as an adult. If you've ever bought a wooden sign from Target that says "Gather," that's cheugy. If you have merch from The Office, Harry Potter or Star Wars, that's also cheugy.”

this would put me as cheugy then. 
back in my day (lol sound old) we had a word for it but not allowed to use that one as it’s not acceptable. 

56 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

T-shirt’s with slogans on them, a garden bar etc etc are all cheugy. So if someone applies this term to you, you will know it’s a gen z being cheeky and can respond accordingly. I’d never heard of it.

Call me cheugy then.  Might even get a T shirt printed up,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m meeting a friend for dinner this evening indoors but under Scotland’s very strange rules we are meeting at 5 as restaurant has to close by 8.  Also not allowed alcohol so no civilised glass of wine.

if we were prepared to sit outside in the cold and damp we could stay until 10 and drink alcohol. The logic defies me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

I know language has to evolve but I sometimes think classifying people in this way, intended to be slightly derogatory, is unnecessary.

I would classify myself, and others as 'individuals', and as such, should be allowed to live and speak as we like without being belittled and pigeon holed by others.

Avril 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Thanks for sharing that - could you explain where it was taken?

We have lots of bird families at present, and do they take a lot of feeding!  Goldfinches, greenfinches and chaffinches; all kinds of tits which refuse to use the nest boxes, probably because they are new, and of course our bossy robin and all the others.  It is lovely to sit sometimes near the window and watch them at the feeding station.  The occasional sparrowhawk hovering; they find our garden problematic as there are lots of trees to negotiate before they can get at the pigeons.

A lovely morning at present in Lincs., but will probably  be getting the sharp showers sometime.

Hi,my OH gets all our bird food in Home Bargains,cheap and good choice.Mealworms seem to be in short supply now and then.Cheers,Brian.

Off to Saundersfoot (near Tenby) tomorrow for a week, stopping off in Malvern to celebrate our wedding anniversary on the way back. Forecast looks pretty miserable for the first few days, but hopefully picking up next week.

Interestingly, the price of our lodge, for the same week next year, has increased by 25% !

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Off to Saundersfoot (near Tenby) tomorrow for a week, stopping off in Malvern to celebrate our wedding anniversary on the way back. Forecast looks pretty miserable for the first few days, but hopefully picking up next week.

Interestingly, the price of our lodge, for the same week next year, has increased by 25% !

Friends have recommended The Boat House as a good place to eat there.