P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

To be brutally honest, that is not my problem. Bannisters, door handles, taps, toilet etc would all have to be sanitised and I’ve had issues before where workmen have not left the bathroom in a good state if you get my drift 💩

It’s funny you say that as I have a downstairs toilet just by my back door. Very handy for garden visits. Last year I had a couple of friends round and made sure it was spotless. They didn’t use it. Then I had a man mend my washing machine, was only there about 20 mins and asked to use it! ( I let him.)

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh Gill, how horrible our house sale/purchase system is.  I’m positive there’s no need for it to be as perilous and that something based on the Scottish system could be used and transactions could be done and dusted in a matter of weeks (and pretty certain from the start, enabling bridging loans etc and penalising anyone who backs out like your ... person

It’s still very blustery here.  Warm enough, in the sun, but heavy showers likely this evening.  We’ve done our long walk, so can stay smug indoors and let it rain.  Fields and gardens are at least looking refreshed.

Yes the Scottish system is much better. I think it’s awful how people can easily pull out here. When we moved (25 years ago now!) our moving van guy said he knew of someone who pulled out on the moving day! How awful.

Hope Gill finds a new buyer soon.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

BG told us via email that they were going to cancel our annual service unless we had any issues.  Got the refund within 30 days of the when service should have taken place.

SG didn’t, I had to ask for it. Better late than never I suppose.

25 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve booked an apartment just South of Bowness for early July, every time I looked the price had gone up! Lots of UK  places are either full or very pricey this year. I was looking at cottages and some have no availability in June or July, so don’t leave it too long!

Same thing up here. Popular places have eye watering prices eg St Andrews and that is if they have anything left to book.

I have also noticed that good restaurants are taking deposits which they have not done for many years. Must have been too many last minute cancellations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Same thing up here. Popular places have eye watering prices eg St Andrews and that is if they have anything left to book.

I have also noticed that good restaurants are taking deposits which they have not done for many years. Must have been too many last minute cancellations.

Too many no shows. Ignorant people booking and not bothering to cancel. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Funny, but the situation for the "workman" wasn't was it ? I would have been tempted to stop, collect my tools and say "good day"

And I would have said goodbye and cancelled the contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck with your second Pfizer Vaccine this afternoon.

That was very frustrating what those buyers did especially when you had been so amenable.

Hopefully things work out for you Gill.

Thank you very much Graham.

Jab done and didn’t feel a thing.

Gill 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Us gasmen P in the kitchen sink anyway.Seen it on the telly.

That made me laugh......  Thank you for that.

To be honest I’m usually very obliging, but living on my own I’ve found the last year really difficult and the whole Covid thing scared me. So on this occasion I refused. 

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

It’s funny you say that as I have a downstairs toilet just by my back door. Very handy for garden visits. Last year I had a couple of friends round and made sure it was spotless. They didn’t use it. Then I had a man mend my washing machine, was only there about 20 mins and asked to use it! ( I let him.)

I think if you have a downstairs toilet esp by back door then it’s not so much of a problem. Living on my own I do not want a strange man wandering about upstairs....... but, on the other hand 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I think if you have a downstairs toilet esp by back door then it’s not so much of a problem. Living on my own I do not want a strange man wandering about upstairs....... but, on the other hand 🤣

😆 Yes I must say it’s very handy there. My son’s birthday is in June and when he was little we’d have parties in the garden, loved the fact I didn’t have 15 children roaming all round the house 😆

I must admit I prefer John to be around when ‘tradesmen’ call, bit old fashioned but I do.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Thank you very much Graham.

Jab done and didn’t feel a thing.

Gill 

Pleased for you Gill.

Workmen we know have never asked to use the toilet but any we didn't know Pauline will tell them the toilet is not working.

We always take our shoes off in the house and put sheets down on carpets in the area where any workmen would be working and from the back door to the area he is working.

• Like 1

The things we discuss on here !  

I really don't want an argument but I am sure most of you will have had tradesmen doing a job lasting most of the day. We are having carpets fitted on Friday and that is an all day job, better tell them to bring a chamber pot with them !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

The things we discuss on here !  

I really don't want an argument but I am sure most of you will have had tradesmen doing a job lasting most of the day. We are having carpets fitted on Friday and that is an all day job, better tell them to bring a chamber pot with them !!!

Even though we supply tea,coffee, biscuits and crisps to any workmen none have ever asked to use the toilet.

We always get local tradesmen and if they are working all day at ours they sometimes go home or to the pub for lunch and presumably to the toilet.

As a sales representative and out of the house for 8+ hours I have never used a customers toilet and always just used McDonald's toilets if needed then buy a coffee.

• Like 1

Late to the party as usual 😂. Lovely photos of the Lakes Graham and I think we may pay a visit to that hotel when we’re on holiday there in the summer.

After the last year both DH and I are looking forward to our holidays - a week in the Lakes and a week in Northumberland booked so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are having a cracker of a thunderstorm here, sheet and fork lightening. I don't remember the last time we had one so intense. Reminds me of when I was a kid and we opened the back and front door during a thunderstorm.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased you did and hopefully you enjoyed it too.

I think Lockdown and Covid19 makes us appreciate things more like sitting having a coffee and taking in the views and just relaxing and enjoying our selves.

Graham.

Yes, you’re right there!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We are having a cracker of a thunderstorm here, sheet and fork lightening. I don't remember the last time we had one so intense. Reminds me of when I was a kid and we opened the back and front door during a thunderstorm.

And hide all the knives and forks😉

Avril

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not far you and the same, electricity been on and off a few times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Not far you and the same, electricity been on and off a few times.

It's really black here and raining heavily at the moment .We thought we were going to have a storm, but you and. Phil got it instead.

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

That was just when the relatives visited🤣

The storm's arrived here now, sheet and fork lightening complete with hailstones. We've been at the front door watching it.

Avril

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We had a thunderstorm around 6.30pm, went really dark, the solar lights came on in the garden a few cracks of thunder and flashes in lightning and hailstones the size marbles mixed in with the torrential rain. The noise on the metal cowling on the chimney echoed down the chimney. Weirdly throw there was blue sky to the east, south and north, could see west as no windows that side of house and I wasn’t venturing outside. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Angel57 said:

That made me laugh......  Thank you for that.

To be honest I’m usually very obliging, but living on my own I’ve found the last year really difficult and the whole Covid thing scared me. So on this occasion I refused. 

Fair enough,but if you've got a cat just be careful with emptying the litter tray.

• Like 1