P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Who remembers this?May be a cartoon

I remember those Phil, that's when ads were fun to watch, sometimes they were better than the programmes. There were a few different ones made, all for safety awareness. So funny.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I remember those Phil, that's when ads were fun to watch, sometimes they were better than the programmes. There were a few different ones made, all for safety awareness. So funny.

Avril

Just as a matter of interest Avril will it be safe for Mrs YP to do a load of washing tomorrow?😁

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2021 at 12:20 PM, yorkshirephil said:

So I am starting a new debate, Crocs; Yeah or Nay. I love my crocs, and always have at least 3 pairs on the go, a pair for knocking about the garden, a pair for summer walking and the newest pair for cruise/holidays. I can walk all day in crocs and my feet never feel tired, they are very light and great for packing, if on holiday you can walk in the sea and they are easy to clean, however they will never win a fashion contest. 

May be an image of text

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just finished  my last shift being a "jabber" .The unit will cease to be after today! The original ward wants its unit back as things  gradually return to normal  and the hospital has decided to let the community providers take over the vaccination program. 

We have stabbed over 70,000 with only a few minor incidents!!!

It's been a real pleasure and privilege working here. A little bit of history. 

Off for the summer ( I expect a few bank shifts ) and then return for the autumn for  Flu jabs and? Covid boosters. 

A bottle of fizz to  celebrate tonight!!!!😂

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Just as a matter of interest Avril will it be safe for Mrs YP to do a load of washing tomorrow?😁

I don't think so Phil. I have it on good authority that tomorrow could be wet, or not. Once the thick fog lifts and the frost disappears, there could be a chance of some sunshine interspersed with occasional snow flurries and/or hailstones. The winds are light and variable gusting to hurricane force. I think that just about covers all eventualities😄

Avril

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't think so Phil. I have it on good authority that tomorrow could be wet, or not. Once the thick fog lifts and the frost disappears, there could be a chance of some sunshine interspersed with occasional snow flurries and/or hailstones. The winds are light and variable gusting to hurricane force. I think that just about covers all eventualities😄

Avril

Normal day in Yorkshire then?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Just finished  my last shift being a "jabber" .The unit will cease to be after today! The original ward wants its unit back as things  gradually return to normal  and the hospital has decided to let the community providers take over the vaccination program. 

We have stabbed over 70,000 with only a few minor incidents!!!

It's been a real pleasure and privilege working here. A little bit of history. 

Off for the summer ( I expect a few bank shifts ) and then return for the autumn for  Flu jabs and? Covid boosters. 

A bottle of fizz to  celebrate tonight!!!!😂

Thank you for being a 'jabber'.Enjoy that bottle of fizz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning, 

The Iona thread has been locked, surely no one could have posted a link to Iona’s naming ceremony, we’re not getting the links until 10am tomorrow? I don’t think anyone on here would post the link anyway. 😔

I know Sharon must have had a reason to lock it, I’m not criticising her, but it’s such a shame to have no Iona thread especially as she’s so close now.

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning, 

The Iona thread has been locked, surely no one could have posted a link to Iona’s naming ceremony, we’re not getting the links until 10am tomorrow? I don’t think anyone on here would post the link anyway. 😔

I know Sharon must have had a reason to lock it, I’m not criticising her, but it’s such a shame to have no Iona thread especially as she’s so close now.

Morning Sarah.

8°C and cloudy here with rain forecast.

Hopefully you get an invite for Iona naming event.

We live 330 miles away from Southampton so not practical for us to apply.

Looking forward to Monday when lockdown restrictions are relaxed.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Morning Sarah.

8°C and cloudy here with rain forecast.

Hopefully you get an invite for Iona naming event.

We live 330 miles away from Southampton so not practical for us to apply.

Looking forward to Monday when lockdown restrictions are relaxed.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Hi Graham

its grey & miserable here.

Yes we got an invitation to watch the naming ceremony, it’s to watch it online so no travelling required. Maybe someone on the Iona thread said that they would share the link tomorrow, I can’t imagine why else it would have been locked.

We’re trying to have our little Grandson for his 2nd sleepover tonight, it didn’t go well the first time!
Have a good day everyone 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning, 

I expect someone will start another thread - but it does interrupt the flow of conversation 

30 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hi Graham

Yes we got an invitation to watch the naming ceremony, it’s to watch it online so no travelling required. Maybe someone on the Iona thread said that they would share the link tomorrow, I can’t imagine why else it would have been locked.

We’re trying to have our little Grandson for his 2nd sleepover tonight, it didn’t go well the first time!
Have a good day everyone 

I think there would be a good chance that somebody would have posted the link tomorrow so I completely support what Sharon has done and thank her for doing so. Maybe the thread could be reopened on Monday. It is a pity that another well known site which P&O uses to provide information is unlikely to do the same.

34 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hi Graham

Have a good day everyone 

I hope you have a lovely time tonight with your grandson Sarah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Morning, 

Some stuff about the top secret link for VIP's being disclosed.Bothered,lol.Nice to read that Irene Hays is going to be Godmother.They seemed such a nice and genuine couple on the telly.It was terrible news when her husband died.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think there would be a good chance that somebody would have posted the link tomorrow so I completely support what Sharon has done and thank her for doing so. Maybe the thread could be reopened on Monday. It is a pity that another well known site which P&O uses to provide information is unlikely to do the same.

I was imagining  that those people with the link would watch and comment on events simultaneously. It might have been a bit of fun 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I was imagining  that those people with the link would watch and comment on events simultaneously. It might have been a bit of fun 🤷‍♀️

Yes that’s I was imagining too

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I can’t see why anybody would mind people who have been invited by P&O to watch via the link giving a ‘running commentary’ of the event on this thread. We seem to have covered practically everything else over the last 14 months. 

Hi all,

Another windy day in this neck of the woods and partially sunny. We seem to be having a lot of windy weather lately🙄 Should be thankful that it's dry and temp is the same as last few day.

Sarah, I hope your grandson's sleepover goes well, but I am sure you will enjoy the time he's with you.

I've not another day of nothing, althoughas  my son is planning on having a BBQ at the Bank Holiday 

weekend so will make a turnabout trifle to take as a dessert as it's one of the family favourites.

Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend.

• Like 3

Good morning.

Pleased to say my wife, Marie, Graham take note, had her jab yesterday and apart from a heavy upper arm is fine, feels good knowing we are both fully vaccinated. 

New carpet, hall, stairs and landing, and one bedroom looks great. 

Watching Derek on the tele, Marie can't stand him !

Quieter day today and the weather  ? No comment !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon now everyone and that includes you Kalos and Andy & Michelle 😉 been a bit drizzles here but sun out at the moment but I’m not going to put a wash on the line Avril to be safe 😁

Im just getting ready to do a zoom meeting from Thailand with a cooking teacher cooking Panang curry, just for a bit of fun really got my grandson doing it with me if I can get him off the Xbox 😤 

Apart from that I will be going to Hythe tomorrow morning early (just in case ) to watch Iona coming in and I will post pictures asp when I can .

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning.

Pleased to say my wife, Marie, Graham take note, had her jab yesterday and apart from a heavy upper arm is fine, feels good knowing we are both fully vaccinated. 

New carpet, hall, stairs and landing, and one bedroom looks great. 

Watching Derek on the tele, Marie can't stand him !

Quieter day today and the weather  ? No comment !

Hi Bob.

Great news that MARIE and yourself are fully vaccinated.

Hopefully Marie's arm  pain is short lived.

I have had my 2 jabs but Pauline doesn't get her second until June.

Graham.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Following our leaking pipe incident last weekend, I have just received the following text from BG. When the money arrives we will be giving it to my niece's  lovely husband who actually did the work for us.

Hi, this text is from British Gas. I have arranged to refund £100 and you will get the same in your bank within 2 weeks. Have a great day.

Great result Josy.