P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It is 10°C,cold,wet and windy

I have taken Pauline and her best friend to a retail outlet and left them there to catch up and buy things.

I have been to the bank and now I am looking out to sea while ringing customers to arrange calls for Monday.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

IMG_20210625_111709.jpg

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Same in HD8 area, the rain we have had has just wet the surface, pots have still needed watering. Nowt much forecast next week too.

Drizzle here too today, it was only 12 degrees when I set off to the supermarket about 9.30.

You must live fairly close to my son, he is in HD8 too, we moved from Yorkshire to Lancashire in 2018(dare I say that!!!)

Michelle

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is 10°C,cold,wet and windy

I have taken Pauline and her best friend to a retail outlet and left them there to catch up and buy things.

I have been to the bank and now I am looking out to sea while ringing customers to arrange calls for Monday.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

IMG_20210625_111709.jpg

Your life's a beach Graham,love it.

• Like 4

Good morning 🙂

I haven’t been on for a while but I’m happy to see people having holidays and days out. We’ve just returned from a lovely week away in Pooley Bridge in the Lakes which is our first break in 18 months.

It was much needed and we had some fabulous meals out including afternoon tea at the Belsfield Hotel for our wedding anniversary thanks to Graham sharing his photos from there previously. We also ate at Fyr in the North Lakes Hotel a couple of times and had the best lobster ever which made it feel a tiny bit like being on a cruise 😂. Hopefully the photo of the lobster is attached.

Have a great day everyone

D x

8BB550AC-1434-43F4-89E2-FDB6CAE3F15E.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Drizzle here too today, it was only 12 degrees when I set off to the supermarket about 9.30.

You must live fairly close to my son, he is in HD8 too, we moved from Yorkshire to Lancashire in 2018(dare I say that!!!)

Michelle

Wet here in North Wales as well. Lots of rain clouds and not very warm. Just come back from high tide sea watching at Colwyn Bay, almost like standing on the prom deck through Biscay.

• Like 3

Just got home from brunch out with my old Lloyds friends. Haven’t seen them since last August. I had poached egg on toast and it was lovely as well as very reasonable. 
Local people - it was a new cafe opened in Rainham called Tick tocks. Back home now as I have work at one. 
Quite warm here but cloudy and looks like it will rain soon.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

We are in Clayton West, however HD8 is quite a large area. 

No need for the snippy stuff, is there?

Remember Thumper’s mother’s advice - 

“If you can’t say nothing that’s nice, don’t say nothing at all”

Or perhaps I’m being über-sensitive?

Anyway.  (Mostly) good to read everyone’s news.  Not good for Jane and her abusive potential patient.  Let’s hope he’s a nicer person without the drink 

Indiana - how did your steroid jab(s) go?  OK I hope, and you’re starting to feel the benefit 

Avril - are you still awe-struck every time you look at your lovely new bathroom?

Seacation people getting excited and nervous on other threads.  Intrepid adventurers, trailblazing for us more cowardly mortals!

You can tell I have no news.  🙄 Did a very long walk yesterday, so pretty tired today.  Overnight rain cleared early, so our walk was to the fish van, via the cricket field.  Found a new doggy friend - a 3 month old c0ckapoo.  Much fun! 🐩 

Got halibut for tonight, and samphire.  To be accompanied by the white burgundy which was a Fathers Day gift last weekend 

Have a good day everyone

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Just got home from brunch out with my old Lloyds friends. Haven’t seen them since last August. I had poached egg on toast and it was lovely as well as very reasonable. 
Local people - it was a new cafe opened in Rainham called Tick tocks. Back home now as I have work at one. 
Quite warm here but cloudy and looks like it will rain soon.

Tick Tocks duly noted 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Good morning 🙂

I haven’t been on for a while but I’m happy to see people having holidays and days out. We’ve just returned from a lovely week away in Pooley Bridge in the Lakes which is our first break in 18 months.

It was much needed and we had some fabulous meals out including afternoon tea at the Belsfield Hotel for our wedding anniversary thanks to Graham sharing his photos from there previously. We also ate at Fyr in the North Lakes Hotel a couple of times and had the best lobster ever which made it feel a tiny bit like being on a cruise 😂. Hopefully the photo of the lobster is attached.

Have a great day everyone

D x

8BB550AC-1434-43F4-89E2-FDB6CAE3F15E.jpeg

I'm delighted to hear you have had a lovely time in the Lakes and enjoyed an afternoon tea on your wedding anniversary at the lovely Bellsfield hotel at Bowness.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Local people - it was a new cafe opened in Rainham called Tick tocks.

Just driven through Rainham, we went to Riverside Country Park for a coffee and fresh air.

I will definitely suggest going to Tick Tocks.. I presume they open for breakfast!  Thank you for the tip off 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, batholiver said:

Me too - go for it Graham!  Life's for living and enjoying and you and Pauline are an example to us all! 😎

Me too - go for it Graham ! :classic_smile:

My dad always said, "live every day like it's your last."
Silly really as he  wasted the last five years of his life laid in a  coffin. :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

No need for the snippy stuff, is there?

Remember Thumper’s mother’s advice - 

“If you can’t say nothing that’s nice, don’t say nothing at all”

Or perhaps I’m being über-sensitive?

Anyway.  (Mostly) good to read everyone’s news.  Not good for Jane and her abusive potential patient.  Let’s hope he’s a nicer person without the drink 

Indiana - how did your steroid jab(s) go?  OK I hope, and you’re starting to feel the benefit 

Avril - are you still awe-struck every time you look at your lovely new bathroom?

Seacation people getting excited and nervous on other threads.  Intrepid adventurers, trailblazing for us more cowardly mortals!

You can tell I have no news.  🙄 Did a very long walk yesterday, so pretty tired today.  Overnight rain cleared early, so our walk was to the fish van, via the cricket field.  Found a new doggy friend - a 3 month old c0ckapoo.  Much fun! 🐩 

Got halibut for tonight, and samphire.  To be accompanied by the white burgundy which was a Fathers Day gift last weekend 

Have a good day everyone

Love your fish photos and dishes.A proper pescatarian,my Mrs just calls me a pest.FWIW I've got ribeye steak with king prawns and scallops courtesy of Lidl and Iceland.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wowzz said:

I was actually 53 when I moved to Spain. The last few years of my working life I called on  supermarket head offices in the US, Canada, Australia etc. Prior to that I, and my team, called on UK supermarket head offices, agreeing listings, space allocations, product development etc.

Just a totally different environment to calling on individual shops,  although I did do that, back in the 1970s, selling Fairy Liquid, Camay etc to corner co-ops, independents etc.

I'm glad that you are still working, and are enjoying your job.

I mày be wrong, I often am, but I remember in the 1950's when I was a kid, Lady's in pink cars going around the streets promoting soap. I think it was Camay. Was that your early career?.🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Oh dear, that was an unpleasant experience for you Jane. If someone behaves like that can the practice refuse to treat him or take him on as a patient?

So pleased to hear Teddy recovered. Has he got used to not having steak every day?

Gill x

It was very unpleasant Gill.  Thank God he hasn't been back - yet!  We can't refuse him urgent treatment if he does pitch up again but, in view of the other day, I have a good case to argue to NHS England that he should be seen at one of the practices that treats potentially dangerous/complex/volatile people.  At one time, these people were seen by a named GP in a police station under some watchful eyes but since there are now very few stations open it has fallen back to general practice - lucky us!

Teddy is still having his steak but I'm weaning him off it slowly.  I thought he needed a treat for being brave (he wasn't), and he took too much of a liking to it.  Chicken this weekend then back to Caesar next week.  You can only imagine the sorrowful looks I'll get.

Have a lovely weekend Gill.  Best wishes.  Jane.x  

• Like 7

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Possibly but I’m still confused why I need to be socially distanced from my husband 😂

When we fly, I pay £50 so that we can sit together. I then found out she paid 50 quid to sit somewhere else.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When we fly, I pay £50 so that we can sit together. I then found out she paid 50 quid to sit somewhere else.🤣

This is like the funniest thing I heard in awhile. I wonder what airline makes you leave your relative and sit somewhere else. What about children? People started going crazy with all those restrictions. Cant wait for it to end soon. 

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

This is like the funniest thing I heard in awhile. I wonder what airline makes you leave your relative and sit somewhere else. What about children? People started going crazy with all those restrictions. Cant wait for it to end soon. 

Wowzz understands things like that. I'm sure he will explain it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Beckett said:

It was very unpleasant Gill.  Thank God he hasn't been back - yet!  We can't refuse him urgent treatment if he does pitch up again but, in view of the other day, I have a good case to argue to NHS England that he should be seen at one of the practices that treats potentially dangerous/complex/volatile people.  At one time, these people were seen by a named GP in a police station under some watchful eyes but since there are now very few stations open it has fallen back to general practice - lucky us!

Teddy is still having his steak but I'm weaning him off it slowly.  I thought he needed a treat for being brave (he wasn't), and he took too much of a liking to it.  Chicken this weekend then back to Caesar next week.  You can only imagine the sorrowful looks I'll get.

Have a lovely weekend Gill.  Best wishes.  Jane.x  

That really does sound very unpleasant and it’s not right that you have to deal with it at your practice. It’s a similar situation in education where children with behavioural problems are increasingly kept in mainstream classes and it’s just nor fair for the staff or the other pupils. I often wonder how some children will turn out as adults. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pete14 said:

Wet here in North Wales as well. Lots of rain clouds and not very warm. Just come back from high tide sea watching at Colwyn Bay, almost like standing on the prom deck through Biscay.

Oh don't rub it in Pete ! Came on here to check what was happening as I just haven't had the time to post much at all the last few weeks. Manic at work and am spending part of the evening watching the original series of The Cruise which launched Jane MacDonald. It is really interesting to see the Celebrity Galaxy when she was THE latest ship !

Hope everyone else on CC is ok - off to read some more posts now and chill for the weekend. Off to Wales tomorrow for the day but will be doing school work in the back of the car there and back !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh don't rub it in Pete ! Came on here to check what was happening as I just haven't had the time to post much at all the last few weeks. Manic at work and am spending part of the evening watching the original series of The Cruise which launched Jane MacDonald. It is really interesting to see the Celebrity Galaxy when she was THE latest ship !

Hope everyone else on CC is ok - off to read some more posts now and chill for the weekend. Off to Wales tomorrow for the day but will be doing school work in the back of the car there and back !

PS When I say 'launched Jane MacDonald' I wasn't thinking she's the size of a ship --- just made me chuckle reading it back

• Like 2
  • Haha 1