PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

I'm with you all on the hair salon our governor here in Florida did not include salons in phase 1.  I thought about driving a couple of hours to Georgia for a hair cut my bangs are driving me crazy.  Restaurants can open up dining rooms on Monday at 25% capacity.  The restaurant I work in as a server is not opening yet, so probably have another couple of weeks off not looking forward to wearing a mask at work.

We are champing at the bit here in WA.  The weather will flash forward to late Spring, Sun and Warmth beginning Monday. Still must wait until the 7th until things begin with Phase One.  Do not think the Gov. will be able to hold this tight control for much longer.  We were one of the first to be affected by this Virus - back in January.   So, four months is just a bit too much to allow for another month of slow starts.  Some not taking effect until June.  More and more people are out walking, so I think that is going to be the thing to do for many soon.   We have received "rave" reviews from Drs. Brix and Fauci for our ability to act like responsible adults.  Hmmmmmm?  Ahhh, well....Time will tell how long that will last.

Saw this today...

I saw someone I knew walking by on the sidewalk outside.

I immediately ran to the window and started yelling to them.

Now I understand dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

After reading a lot of the comments we are all in the same "ship"'.....

Half the people do not understand social distancing.... which is a worry....

getting a bit edgy  being in our apartment, at least we can go out for walk....

and then the trip to the supermarket..... always enjoyed shopping....

now dread it.... soap is the new thing missing........

Still looking forward to going for a drive one day.....

hope to go to the cemetery on 22nd to visit my father inlaw .. but we will see

as it could be $1600 fine    for driving some where  without a listed reason....

Keep save and sane everybody

cheers Don   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Still looking forward to going for a drive one day.....

Ouch!  At least we can go for a drive. We don't do so often but have gone out a couple of times to get out of the house. Your restrictions are much more severe than we have here in my town.

Hi from Washington State coast- we are not allowed to walk on OUR OWN BEACH which is .75 miles

from our house! Yes, Washington is chomping at the bit.

Our travel trailer is sitting in the driveway... Montana State Parks are now open, but

out is staters must quarantine for 14 days before leaving their trailer. A WA family

was told by the Sheriff that they had to put their campfire out, go inside their trailer

and leave their campground site in the morning.

• Like 2

Celebrated our 48th anniversary yesterday. Drove to Almendra Winery & Distillery in Durham - a very small town nearby where I lived when I was young - and purchased a pizza and 2 bottles of sanitizer that they are producing. (One leaked on the way home and almost the entire bottle of 144 proof alcohol sanitizer leaked out. I have a very sanitized spot on the floor of my truck.) Ordered it all in advance to be picked up. Drove from there to the Durham Park. In the very large park there were very few people. We were never closer than about a bazillion feet from anybody else. We sat in the shade and ate our pizza. We did interact at a store on the way home as we stopped at Schubert's Ice Cream and bought cones of freshly made ice cream. (We ate them in the truck.) Pretty snazzy anniversary celebration.  It was soooooooooooo good to be out.

Note: For those who feel we violated the rules I offer the "official" info from the local government website for our area:

image.png.d6d6310b6aa56f885e578abcc071a8c1.png

A few local restaurants have announced they are going to start allowing inside dining with restrictions. Although we would love to at least go out for breakfast we won't be doing so. To quote Ducky from The Land Before Time, "Nope, nope, nope."

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Celebrated our 48th anniversary yesterday. Drove to Almendra Winery & Distillery in Durham - a very small town nearby where I lived when I was young - and purchased a pizza and 2 bottles of sanitizer that they are producing. (One leaked on the way home and almost the entire bottle of 144 proof alcohol sanitizer leaked out. I have a very sanitized spot on the floor of my truck.) Ordered it all in advance to be picked up. Drove from there to the Durham Park. In the very large park there were very few people. We were never closer than about a bazillion feet from anybody else. We sat in the shade and ate our pizza. We did interact at a store on the way home as we stopped at Schubert's Ice Cream and bought cones of freshly made ice cream. (We ate them in the truck.) Pretty snazzy anniversary celebration.  It was soooooooooooo good to be out.

Note: For those who feel we violated the rules I offer the "official" info from the local government website for our area:

image.png.d6d6310b6aa56f885e578abcc071a8c1.png

A few local restaurants have announced they are going to start allowing inside dining with restrictions. Although we would love to at least go out for breakfast we won't be doing so. To quote Ducky from The Land Before Time, "Nope, nope, nope."

Happy Anniveresary! 

🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

We do the most "romantic" things. One time we went to the theater and saw The Expendables 2 on our anniversary. D'Oh! We had a great time and a good laugh about it though. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think summer is arriving. The "official" temperature is 91°F (32.8°C) but the thermometer on my front porch is reading 101°F (38.3°C). My wife actually turned on the AC.

• Like 2

Only essential travel is allowed in our state until Mid June.  My county has had 36  Coronavirus cases.  Our Governor Inslee on Tuesday, May 5th  did allow members of the household to be in our cars (Prior to that, only  the driver}.  Golfing, fishing, Landscaping, Car Washers with stringent restrictions are  now allowed. No other busineses including all Professionals, including doctors and Dentists are not allowed to open.   Even though Washington State has had a steady drop in Coronavirus since April 1st, Gov Inslee is keeping essential travel and businesses  closed.  He did order that all prisoners over 55 years old, including a serial killer that had 49 murder convictions, to be released from prison.  Luckily, the Supreme court ruled against Gov. Inslee.  Gov Inslee has said that there is a Silver lining with this is that there has been a 70%  reduction in  usage of Carbon-based fuel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I’ll tell you how things are going in Boston it’s getting crazy. We are expecting snow Saturday this is insane.😳

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Snow? We're expecting 99 degrees today...  I've never really lived where it snows. In the winter we can drive 20 minutes up the hill for lots of snow if we like. We do get a "light sprinkling" every 30 years or so that "might" stick for 30 minutes. I'm not a fan of cold weather. I usually describe 49 degrees as "sub arctic".

• Like 1

This is how we do winter in SoCal: we keep it in the mountains, where it belongs. 
We sit under our palm trees and look at the snow. We don’t shovel it, we don’t scrape it off our windshields. We do drive twenty minutes to go play in it or 45-90 minutes to go ski in it sometimes. 

image.jpeg.b63f1382b346319fb73e8916fc45586d.jpeg

Edited by MamaFej
Picture didn’t load first time.
  • Like 5

Like LuckyTgo, we live in MA...(SE part of state)...we aren't expecting snow here tomorrow...but it's going to be COLD, rainy & windy...we were supposed to be flying from BOS to LAX TODAY to stay in LA overnight and start the 1st of our 2 cruises on 5/9.  We expect to celebrate our "non-cruise"  by having Margaritas and an international meal tomorrow.   We just reached our 52nd anniv. this week---would have celebrated that on this trip...stocked up at our local liquor store today (or "Packy" as we call them in these parts...LOL).  

We all just have to do what we can to enjoy our new normal!🍷🍹🥂🍸

• Like 2

Hello from beautiful southern Oregon.  Great weather today - in the low 90s which is rather hot for this time of year.  Oregon has done a great job of keeping the COVID cases/deaths pretty low, so I appreciate the steps the state has taken.  The governor will be relaxing some of the restrictions starting May 15, with distancing and masks still a requirement.  I'll probably venture out rather slowly since I'm in that "vulnerable" age group, but I sure hope I can get back to Zumba classes soon.  Since I haven't been to the hairdresser in almost two months, I decided it was time to finally let the grey hair see the light of day.  I understand this is now the thing to do for us baby boomers, so I'll bite the bullet and give it a try! 

• Like 2

From sunny central Florida … starting to open up little by little … Florists are now open just in time for Mothers Day, as my wife got a really nice arrangement sent by our grown sons ...

wife gave me a haircut today, salons still closed … thinking about cancelling instacart express, as I went to our local ( Publix ) yesterday and got exactly what we wanted, no substitutions, well, at least what was in stock ...

looking forward to a July beach vacation in North Carolina … and still a potential little 5 day cruise in late November

both of us lucky  to be able to work a little,  got plenty of food,  provisions, and adult beverages

Jeopardy reruns at 7:00 tonight - didn't realize Ken Jennings came very close to losing his very first game ever on Jeopardy ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Like LuckyTgo, we live in MA...(SE part of state)...we aren't expecting snow here tomorrow...but it's going to be COLD, rainy & windy...we were supposed to be flying from BOS to LAX TODAY to stay in LA overnight and start the 1st of our 2 cruises on 5/9.  We expect to celebrate our "non-cruise"  by having Margaritas and an international meal tomorrow.   We just reached our 52nd anniv. this week---would have celebrated that on this trip...stocked up at our local liquor store today (or "Packy" as we call them in these parts...LOL).  

We all just have to do what we can to enjoy our new normal!🍷🍹🥂🍸

So sorry about that.  Having had to cancel at other times I remember feeling quite sad when thinking about where "we should've been" on that day at that time.  However sounds like you have the situation well in hand and glass. Congratulations!

• Like 1

GOOD THINGS: We are at a sunny 75 degrees on the Washington coast today... BEAUTIFUL

with a slight breeze.

SAD THINGS:  Today, I officially canceled our British Isles Cruise on the TA website; cancelled

the hotel and private shore excursion.

NOT SO GOOD: The same itinerary for 2021 is on an older ship and $2000.00 more for

our type of cabin (We happen to like the older ship though).

GOOD NEWS: We can walk on our own beaches again!

• Like 2

For those in florida starting on Monday the governor is allowing salons to open up except for those counties that haven't started phase 1.  That will be nice since I'm in need of a haircut.  That cold front went through here it was 49 degrees this morning fortunately no snow.  I grew up in it and don't miss it.

• Like 1

California is starting Phase 2 today where select retail can open with curbside pickup (e.g. clothing, home and furniture, books, music, sporting goods, florist) and other businesses like manufacturing, warehouses, construction can resume. It's more restrictive than other states (except evidently Washington from what I can gather from the posts) but I'm very grateful to the leadership of California for their handling of the pandemic. They are saying Sacramento has the lowest coronavirus infection rate of any large U.S. metro area. Both my husband and I are able to telecommute for work, which make us feel very fortunate.

Today would have been the last night of our cruise. Each night I go through what we likely would have ordered in the MDR with my husband. But it's like he's never been on a cruise before. Evidently he just doesn't recognize they have repeating menus cruise to cruise.

On a really positive note, I scored my favorite brand of toilet paper and paper towels today but I would have been happy with any brand at this point. We were down to our last 4 pack of toilet paper. My sister thinks it's funny how excited everyone gets when they are able to buy toilet paper or paper towels these days because I had to email her today when I got back from shopping.

Stay healthy and can't wait to see you on a cruise when it's safe.

P.S. Watched YouTube and gave myself a haircut yesterday. I don't think it looks bad but my hairdresser is going to have a fit when she sees me!

Edited by coopco
addition
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here in South Jersey we on time out for another month. I am letting my hair grow until my stepdaughters salon can open. Crazy weather. Thursday I was mowing the lawn in shorts; last night we were covering our plants since the temps were going below freezing. We are doing well and so far my wife has not tried to kill me. We will not take action on re-booking our cancelled cruise until this pandemic is on the wane and preferably they have a vaccine. Best wishes to all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1