PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

El Paso County (where we are in Colorado Springs) has received approval on plans to open restaurants on Monday, restricting them to 50% occupancy, 6 foot table spacing, no mixing between groups and I believe servers required to wear masks.  No bar seating unless bartenders can be at least 6 feet from patrons.  Though we miss sitting at the bar for a beer and amber ale at our favorite brew pub, we’ll stick with curbside delivery until vaccines in use.  

Know we are getting a bit starved for human interaction, as we’re excited when Jeff from Shoo! comes to swap out occupied raccoon traps.  Both Phil and I rush out to the yard and all stand 8 feet apart (masked, as are the raccoons), chatting.  I know LOTS of cool stuff about wildlife critters now.  

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 2

Don't clump together, I like the saying. It was in full force in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin this weekend. Some people are still not taking this virus seriously! My home town (Kenosha, Wi.) now has over 1,000 cases of the virus and 27 deaths. Salons and barber shops are opening up along with restaurants and bars. Most are at least trying to do the social distancing which is good. We will probably wait a few more weeks before we enter a restaurant. We enjoyed a beautiful Memorial weekend, it's great to get outdoors a lot more now. I wonder if the coronavirus effects bees, they sure are clumped together in this picture.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

091418_ec_bee-clump_feat_free.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

Don't clump together, I like the saying. It was in full force in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin this weekend. Some people are still not taking this virus seriously! My home town (Kenosha, Wi.) now has over 1,000 cases of the virus and 27 deaths. Salons and barber shops are opening up along with restaurants and bars. Most are at least trying to do the social distancing which is good. We will probably wait a few more weeks before we enter a restaurant. We enjoyed a beautiful Memorial weekend, it's great to get outdoors a lot more now. I wonder if the coronavirus effects bees, they sure are clumped together in this picture.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

091418_ec_bee-clump_feat_free.jpg

K&D,

I don't believe they are affected by the virus.  What you are looking at in the picture is a swarm.  You need to capture them and have your own free, fresh, honey (with a whole lotta work).

FWIW: My wife is the Queen (Apiarist and President of our local bee club).

Never kill a honey bee.  Your future food supply depends on them!

• Like 2

Things quickly went from isolation to craziness.

The George Floyd riots across the United States are impacting a lot of innocent stores, bystanders and police officers.

• Like 2

Sunday ramblings

well, it's (finally) the last day of May - who knew months had 61 days like April and May have seemed ...

actually for me at least, 'things' are almost back to semi-normal pre-Corona's … making 'normal' Publix runs ( wearing a mask ), 

bank, post office, bodega, clients , blah, blah, blah

starting to do some drive-thru , but still haven't gone out to a sit down meal … wife's cutting my hair now, not sure if/when that may change

nascar from Bristol, TN on TV today - one of my very favorite road trips me and a couple of buddies used to take to the races ...

good news ! my wife's very part time nanny / babysitting job starts back this week - she loves it, gets her out of the house, and adds to the 'cruise fund' …. end of November ??

partly cloudy, high 90, low 70, chance of afternoon thunderstorms (40%) - rinse/repeat, see you in October … hurricane season 'starts' tomorrow - plenty of Corona virus supplies carried over to 'hurricane supplies' and/or '2nd phase ...

SO OVER THIS !!!

looking forward to a July 'road trip' to NC beach rental

stay safe

peace out

• Like 1

My sewing skills are pathetic, so to change my mask-wear from drab bummer, we ordered some cloth masks from Hilo Hatties.  If we can’t vacation, at least our masks can help put us in a tropical playful mood.  Eager to see how they fit since our old N95 masks from Phil’s woodworking projects can only be used so many times.

Did a curbside pickup from our favorite brewpub last night and all the groups we saw going in were without masks.  Servers all masked and gloved, outside tables available and inside tables spaced very far apart which hopefully will keep the place functional, but we won’t be dining-in for a very long time.  Bummer, but small enough sacrifice to make.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 11:32 AM, voljeep said:

Sunday ramblings

well, it's (finally) the last day of May - who knew months had 61 days like April and May have seemed ...

actually for me at least, 'things' are almost back to semi-normal pre-Corona's … making 'normal' Publix runs ( wearing a mask ), 

bank, post office, bodega, clients , blah, blah, blah

starting to do some drive-thru , but still haven't gone out to a sit down meal … wife's cutting my hair now, not sure if/when that may change

nascar from Bristol, TN on TV today - one of my very favorite road trips me and a couple of buddies used to take to the races ...

good news ! my wife's very part time nanny / babysitting job starts back this week - she loves it, gets her out of the house, and adds to the 'cruise fund' …. end of November ??

partly cloudy, high 90, low 70, chance of afternoon thunderstorms (40%) - rinse/repeat, see you in October … hurricane season 'starts' tomorrow - plenty of Corona virus supplies carried over to 'hurricane supplies' and/or '2nd phase ...

SO OVER THIS !!!

looking forward to a July 'road trip' to NC beach rental

stay safe

peace out

glad to hear things are somewhat back to normal.

We were starting to get back to somewhat normal here in the City of Miami with restaurants opening last Wednesday at 50% and our curfew was lifted. We also had major flooding here on Brickell that turned some areas into waterfront!  

Well.....  that was until this weekend when all the protests and rioting started just down the street.  We are back under curfew at 8 pm and hoping that tonight is quiet.  It was extremely unsettling to have fires and whatnot going on within walking distance.

I know many talk about Bayside when coming to Miami pre cruise.  There was vandalism and looting done there Saturday.  Thankfully last night was non violent here in Miami but not so much up in Fort Lauderdale.  There was some damage done to storefronts along Las Olas.  

Some day life will fully return to normal and I just wait for that day.

• Like 4

This has been a year of upheavals.

😬

Got a news letter about cruising this weekend and mentioned in it was mask wearing for passengers as well as crew during any public interaction as a likelihood.  That would be a deal breaker for me to not be able to be out on deck or my balcony without having to be masked.  I am perfectly fine with washing hands and sanitizing everywhere, but not spending an entire day and evening in a mask when I am outside of my state room.

Before this news letter, it had occurred to me about how you social distance during a muster drill?  Have three or four of them before sail away?  That would extend things quite a bit schedule-wise.

• Like 2

Hi Thrak,

The weather in Boston today was great. I have been on the Rowboat for 3 days just to get away from everyone.

No mask needed. BTW if you would like a drink of Macallan 25 year old Scotch Whisky 🥃 Bring your own bottle. 
I checked the price 😳 so Fugheddaboudit. 😁😁 
Your Pal,

The Captain of The Rowboat,

BC8C7F16-F675-405F-AABE-E55D2C2EE020.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Thrak,

The weather in Boston today was great. I have been on the Rowboat for 3 days just to get away from everyone.

No mask needed. BTW if you would like a drink of Macallan 25 year old Scotch Whisky 🥃 Bring your own bottle. 
Your Pal,

BC8C7F16-F675-405F-AABE-E55D2C2EE020.jpeg

Thanks Lucky!

I DO have my own bottle and appreciate the offer.  That's very gracious of you to offer to refill my empty bottle

and very considerate of you to practice recycling.  Keep up the good work!  We need more responsible people like you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Thrak,

Your Pal,

Okay, then. How about some Irish instead? Perhaps some Midleton Very Rare or maybe Redbreast 25? (I'd actually "settle" for Redbreast 12. 😎)  I just bought a bottle of locally made Monkey Face Rye. I'm a bit hesitant to try it. The bottle says "Batch #1" and "Aged 2 Years".  I really just bought it because it's made in a winery/distillery that is in the building where I went to school for 1st and 2nd grade. Perhaps I'll just take it along when we go camping. Here's a pic of a good camping breakfast although it's in the wrong setting.

image.jpeg.362014e0eb23e920c639f155010e546b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Thrak and 1980Dory,

First things first the weather in Boston is great today so I’m on the Rowboat. I just found the perfect drink for both of you.

It’s a bottle of that GREAT Champagne 🍾 the boys make Fresh every Tuesday in the boiler room on Princess Cruise ships.

You two are going to love it!!  I know how much you like the finer things in life. 🙄😁

A6F5B58F-B579-4FB8-9D7B-8B6D5DCB77B8.jpeg

Sitting on the back porch in China Grove, NC. We are both well and retired. Had my barber “drop by for a visit” two times and actually went to the shop last week for a real haircut. The wife is another matter. Has not been to her hairdresser since this mess began. Luckily for me she finally got an appointment for next week. Something like 12 weeks and the gray is really showing! Had 2 cruises cancelled. Hopefully the on this fall will still go off as planned. Actually went to a sit down restaurant this week for a real meal! Sick of carry out!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 2

While I have been perfectly content to only go to the stores as needed and spend my outside time walking around on our large property, that has been squashed since yesterday thanks to Mother Nature and looks to be for several days at least.

You kind of expect in the Spring there to be rain and cool days.  Today it snowed and is still snowing.

If ever I missed Alaska, all I have to do is look out the window and pretend I am there.

❄️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bulldog on water said:

tony, we are in Marlborough, where did it rain???

Hi Bulldog, 
I’m about 10 minutes from Revere Beach it rained for about 5 minutes. Just as soon as I finish waxing the car. 
It’s OK Because I like waxing the car it relaxes me. My wife tells me I’m crazy. 😳 😁

Tony

We’re driving up to Denver tomorrow for my medical appointments, so Phil is pouncing on the opportunity for a hair cut.  Ironic that after 2 months his longer hair is driving him crazy, when he had a ponytail reaching the middle of his back when we first met decades ago in Santa Fe.  I’m just letting mine grow at this point and slapping it in a ponytail, as I’m not comfortable seeing my stylist located in the heart of downtown Denver, which is just to congested for me these days.

the raccoons are gone and attic buttoned-up now, but we have some new critters hanging out , no doubt attracted by our wooden decoy by the back railing.  Can you see why they are called mule deer?  At least the bear seem to be keeping their distance so far - provided we remember to close the garage door at night so they don’t raid the freezer again.  Bear love ice cream....

15924A99-D679-45B7-B063-B640A12478C2.jpeg

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 1

Let me start off by saying it was a great day in Boston. I tried my luck at fishing off the Rowboat and was really lucky I caught a monster of a fish see photo. OK it really wasn’t a monster 😳 😁😁.

Tony

108F35C6-2D5E-4A77-B966-9A2E0B0E16A3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Let me start off by saying it was a great day in Boston. I tried my luck at fishing off the Rowboat and was really lucky I caught a monster of a fish see photo. OK it really wasn’t a monster 😳 😁😁.

Tony

That is too cute!  Do you have a fish tank for that?

😆

1 hour ago, Lindaru said:

That is too cute!  Do you have a fish tank for that?

😆

Absolutely not. I’m having him mounted and keep him on the rowboat forever. It will remind me of the great day I had fishing on my Rowboat. 😳😁

24FF31F3-6D25-499F-987B-1AEC63D6DDAF.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

Tony,

Are you going to have a fish 'fry' and invite all your friends?