PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

Hats off to those who refuse to wear a mask on a cruise!  Can you tell the rest of us how you know that you are NOT carrying the virus and infecting others?  By all means exercise your right to infect those around you. But please tell us which cruises you have scheduled?

Ever wonder why this pandemic is now taking off like a rocket?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindaru said:

My bones, muscles and joints are still recovering from the double memorial service up in the wilds of central Idaho that took several hours to get to at the south fork of the Salmon River where my father-in-law and brother-in-law ashes were placed along with two bouquets of flowers.  No paved roads, some gravel, mostly dirt with pot holes and ruts, very narrow, sheer drop off on one side and no railing.  Painful to the old body and scary, too!

There was a pot luck in open air at the camp ground in Secesh Meadows afterwards.  Warren is a town between the place where the memorial was held outside and Secesh Meadows.

Here are some pictures of how rustic it all looks in Warren.  Will share the others on another post later.

Warren01.JPG

Warren02.JPG

Warren03.JPG

Thank you for sharing these photos, I really enjoyed them.

So sorry for your loss.

Mary

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Hats off to those who refuse to wear a mask on a cruise!  Can you tell the rest of us how you know that you are NOT carrying the virus and infecting others?  By all means exercise your right to infect those around you. But please tell us which cruises you have scheduled?

I didn't say I wouldn't wear a mask on a cruise. I said I don't want to cruise if it entails wearing a mask all the time. There is a difference.

• Like 4

My comment (#451) regarding masks was made in general and not to anyone specifically.  Just as this comment is made. I quoted no one and made reference to no one.

Edited by 1980dory
added info.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I didn't say I wouldn't wear a mask on a cruise. I said I don't want to cruise if it entails wearing a mask all the time. There is a difference.

Hi Thrak and 1980 dory,

I have one question will this be called the great (See Photo) 😁 😁 BTW I’m on The Rowboat the weather in Boston was just OK today,

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

1A3CF328-D31A-44DC-A4D4-B6932DA93619.png

7 hours ago, 1980dory said:

I also would not want to spend 90% of my waking time in a mask for seven or more days straight, so would simply not cruise if we had to wear masks.

That said, I do wear them in public places where social distancing is not guaranteed, but those are short trips of less than two hours and certainly not every day but more like two weeks apart.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Along with Thrak, our intention is to not hurt or infect anyone. That would be cruel and irresponsible. If and when the cruise happens; before that time our options are to be tested and or/ receive a vaccine if it exists. If wearing a mask will be required, then it will not be in our cruising future. And based on the CDC website, the deaths are declining. As of week ending

May 23     6804 cases

May 30     5670 cases

June 6      4306 cases

June 13    3412 cases

June 20    1640 cases

June 27    313 cases

www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19

Actually, the entire "life" of this virus is on this weekly updated chart. There are actually more Pneumonia deaths (with or

without Covid-19). (It is difficult to separate)

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

Ditto

For the health and safety of all, I know we will act responsibly. And yes, we wear masks in the store, etc.

Our library is now doing curbside pickup for 3 days per week.

We can order online and then call ahead when we will swing by.

We love our library and miss chatting in person with the staff.

3 hours ago, Zooguy said:

Retired here in Boston.
Restaurants are take out only. Library is closed. Virus seems largely under control.
Would like to cruise again, but who knows?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please look at Florida, California and Texas if you think the virus is under control.  Oh that’s where most cruises leave from 

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, It’s going to be a good day in Boston today so I’m getting on the Rowboat right now.

it’s 4:15 am and very quiet at the pier. I just wanted to say Happy 4, of July to everyone.

A53F138B-7310-4940-81B2-54FF71DDD155.jpeg

• Like 1

We’ve just helped our son move from central to northwestern Montana. 
It’s gorgeous here, and being in our RV is awesome for social distancing. 
We went hiking to some falls and a swinging bridge just 15 minutes from his new apartment yesterday. 

We head for home tomorrow, but I’m looking forward to visiting again. 

B2C14F06-7C10-4E74-94FE-BDD624D3F44F.jpeg

835869AB-0A39-4842-97E2-C02F3B6FD800.jpeg

41CE0AB9-5C6F-4D41-BFB9-E9E33BDBE71A.jpeg

DCB47F02-0EC5-441F-8DD3-72B22BA341DD.jpeg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

We went hiking to some falls and a swinging bridge just 15 minutes from his new apartment yesterday. 

We once spent July 4th in Belgrade, Montana. The fireworks display put on by the local neighbors was amazing and lasted for hours. People were really into it and all kinds of amazing fireworks were available. Where I live you can't even have a freaking sparkler so it was really great to just hang out and watch all the stuff the local neighborhood folks were shooting off.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We once spent July 4th in Belgrade, Montana. The fireworks display put on by the local neighbors was amazing and lasted for hours. People were really into it and all kinds of amazing fireworks were available. Where I live you can't even have a freaking sparkler so it was really great to just hang out and watch all the stuff the local neighborhood folks were shooting off.

I was in Belgrade last fall. It was lovely! I’m glad you enjoyed it! 

Montana has such a small population, they actually shut down the schools for two days every October for teacher conferences. Last year’s was in Belgrade. 
The last couple of years, I flew into Great Falls, then spent Wednesday at my son’s school, watching him teach and reading to the younger kids in the library. Then we drove to Billings (2018) or Belgrade (2019) for the conference, hanging out after sessions and for the rest of the weekend. Then I flew home from Billings or Bozeman and he drive home. It made for wonderful visits! 
I will not at all be surprised if the conferences are online this year. Both Bozeman and Missoula are hot spots. Very, very few people here in NW MT are willing to wear masks. Given the 4th of July festivities going on here (6 person team tug of war, and other such activities) we will not be shocked to see a spike here and in eastern WA, where many visitors are from. 

Hi all my Cruise Critic friends, I was out on The Rowboat last night and all day today the weather was great. The fireworks were fabulous last night  🎆 🇺🇸 🎇 🇺🇸.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi all my Cruise Critic friends, I was out on The Rowboat last night and all day today the weather was great. The fireworks were fabulous last night  🎆 🇺🇸 🎇 🇺🇸.

Tony

Good for you!  Wish we could have been out on the water this weekend. Would like to have at least seen Boston Pops live at the Esplanade and fireworks display on TV for the 4th.   Just had to settle for a campfire in our backyard & fireworks all around us in our neighborhood...LOL.

On 7/4/2020 at 2:49 PM, MamaFej said:

B2C14F06-7C10-4E74-94FE-BDD624D3F44F.jpeg

835869AB-0A39-4842-97E2-C02F3B6FD800.jpeg

41CE0AB9-5C6F-4D41-BFB9-E9E33BDBE71A.jpeg

DCB47F02-0EC5-441F-8DD3-72B22BA341DD.jpeg

These pictures are breathtaking!!  Thank you for sharing!

• Thanks 1

Fire works displays were cancelled in our public health district here, so we bought some when the stands opened and did our own display in our driveway with the safe and sane ones, a medium display Friday night, a large display Saturday night and a small display Sunday night.

We received some sad news.  Our family was being hit hard with cancer deaths (one in May 2018, one in December 2019 and one in June 2020) but now we have lost our first family member to COVID yesterday.

Keep safe and strong everyone.