Just Got "The Email" from Celebrity Infinity March 9-14

djh

Just received the following email a few minutes ago- 

Dear Celebrity Infinity Passenger,

Celebrity Cruises has recently been advised that a person who sailed on the Celebrity Infinity from March 9th through 14th has tested positive for COVID-19.  Because you were a passenger on this same voyage, it is possible you were exposed to someone who was sick with COVID-19.

Out of an abundance of caution you should now follow the below procedures for self-isolation.

Stay home for 14 days from the time you returned home from the Celebrity Infinity and practice social distancing:

1. Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also watch for cough or trouble breathing.

2. Stay home and avoid contact with others. Do not go to work or school.

3. Do not take public transportation, taxis, or ride-shares.

4. Keep your distance from others (about 6 feet or 2 meters).

If you get sick with fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher) or cough in the 14 days after you return from travel, please take the following precautions:

1. Stay home. Avoid contact with others.

2. You might have COVID-19; most people are able to recover at home without medical care.

3. If you have trouble breathing or are worried about your symptoms, call or text a health care provider. Tell them about your recent cruise ship travel and your symptoms.

4. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room.

If you need to seek medical care for other reasons, such as dialysis, call ahead to your doctor and tell them about your recent travel on a cruise ship.  

For additional information please visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/COVID19

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

no_photo.png
ReplyForward
Edited by djh

18 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

It is time for Celebrity to cancel especially the Transatlantic ones. They probably waiting for Trump to say people can go back to work. He is unbelievable. I won't say anymore

Ontario Cruiser

You don't have to. There's no more to say. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, djh said:

Celebrity Cruises has recently been advised that a person who sailed on the Celebrity Infinity from March 9th through 14th has tested positive for COVID-19.  Because you were a passenger on this same voyage, it is possible you were exposed to someone who was sick with COVID-19.

Out of an abundance of caution you should now follow the below procedures for self-isolation.

Stay home for 14 days from the time you returned home from the Celebrity Infinity and practice social distancing:

1. Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also watch for cough or trouble breathing.

If you get sick with fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher) or cough in the 14 days after you return from travel, please take the following precautions:

2. You might have COVID-19; most people are able to recover at home without medical care.

3. If you have trouble breathing or are worried about your symptoms, call or text a health care provider. Tell them about your recent cruise ship travel and your symptoms.

If you need to seek medical care for other reasons, such as dialysis, call ahead to your doctor and tell them about your recent travel on a cruise ship.  

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

no_photo.png
ReplyForward

I hope that you remain well.  Sending this email is a good step but 10 days post cruise?  A lot of people from that cruise might have been asymptomatic but spreading the virus in their communities over those 10 days. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I hope that you remain well.  Sending this email is a good step but 10 days post cruise?  A lot of people from that cruise might have been asymptomatic but spreading the virus in their communities over those 10 days. 

This is true, however we have pretty much been quarantined since we have been home and of course will continue to do so. I do wish Celebrity would go ahead and extend cancellations since we have two cruises booked within the next couple months. Safe safe everybody!

1 hour ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

It is time for Celebrity to cancel especially the Transatlantic ones. They probably waiting for Trump to say people can go back to work. He is unbelievable. I won't say anymore

Ontario Cruiser

All the politicians in general are unbelievable.  

That was a very responsible email from Celebrity.  Most of the people in my life that have recently returned from any travel have practiced self quarantine.  

Be safe... Stay Healthy....

Edited by Sam.Seattle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

So true, but I blame the testing procedure and not Celebrity for that. It is still difficult in our area (east Texas) for individuals to meet the protocol for testing. And then when you do, there is a wait to be tested and another wait for the results. I may be wrong but I feel that Celebrity probably let us know as soon as the cdc informed them. 

Edited by djh
  • Like 3

I was on Silhouette 3/6-15. I have barely any concerns about the immaculate ship or others' practices. What was completely disgusting was the Ft Lauderdale airport and the full flights. And airlines don't have to report because it's basically not possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Ontario Cruiser

Sadly--many are not staying home despite being asked to for days...

We will flatten the curve if folks cooperate...

There was a man who KNEW he was wuhan-covid positive and flew JetBlue to FL

Was in our news yesterday....

Extended family in NC reports that people from NY/NJ have come to the community to stay with their retired parents... What made these NYers think that temporarily moving from a KNOWN hot spot--to another part of the country wasn't a risk for those they would now be with ...family/grocery store workers etc...

We Shouldn't need marshal law to know how to behave

Can we all keep the comments geared towards cruising and cruising alone and leave the politics out of it?  If you feel you just cannot help yourself and absolutely need to post your political opinions, there are alternate venues on which to do this.  Try Facebook or Twitter ... go wild over there and keep this site focused on its intended purpose...cruising!!  

With that out of the way, I do believe that Celebrity was probably doing the responsible thing here .... better late than never.  This virus has brought them to their knees and they are on the same learning curve as we are about it.  They are reliant on information from other health authorities and may have experienced in a delay in receiving those results themselves.  Happy cruising to all ... when we're finally allowed back onboard.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, djh said:

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

no_photo.png
ReplyForward

So glad to see this.  I’m sorry to hear that your cruise was affected, but considering that the Summit & Silhouette also had COVID positive passengers on board and they did not receive emails (yet); this is a positive turn in Celebrity’s lack of transparency.

We returned from Sydney March 20, after the first part of a b2b on the Solstice.

The second part was cancelled while we were onboard.

We were travelling with family, who received a similar email after we came home. We did not receive the email. One passenger was taken off the ship with covid19, while we were docked in Dunedin. We missed the last port, and three days later, were allowed to disembark in Sydney, even though the port was closed to cruise ships.

There were constant reminders about hand washing and sanitizing. However, passengers were allowed to self serve at the buffet, handling the tongs and utensils.  This grossed us out and we covered the utensils with paper towel to try to avoid germs. 
I’m shocked that Celebrity would allow this and wonder how many others might have been infected by this one passenger.

We were all required to sign a form committing to fourteen day quarantine, when leaving the ship. Hopefully, everyone complied.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bikerunner said:

All the politicians in general are unbelievable.  

You and I both know that Celebrity will cancel another months worth of cruises probably this weekend.  Thus why if stressed have you not cancelled?

I agree that maybe we should put all politicians on a cruise. Today all the media spins the news. Little is really truth.

PS - my friend at Celebrity said they cannot keep up with current cancellations and cannot expand staff due to social distancing rules.  It is indeed a mess.

Good luck to you and all the others. I cancelled 1 cruise. Await X to cancel the other. Cancelled air etc early this month.

1 hour ago, az_tchr said:

You and I both know that Celebrity will cancel another months worth of cruises probably this weekend.  Thus why if stressed have you not cancelled?

I agree that maybe we should put all politicians on a cruise. Today all the media spins the news. Little is really truth.

PS - my friend at Celebrity said they cannot keep up with current cancellations and cannot expand staff due to social distancing rules.  It is indeed a mess.

Good luck to you and all the others. I cancelled 1 cruise. Await X to cancel the other. Cancelled air etc early this month.

If you are replying to me, I never said I was stressed. I just wished they would go ahead and cancel it so I could move on planning the next one.  

15 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Ontario Cruiser

11 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Can we all keep the comments geared towards cruising and cruising alone and leave the politics out of it?  If you feel you just cannot help yourself and absolutely need to post your political opinions, there are alternate venues on which to do this.  Try Facebook or Twitter ... go wild over there and keep this site focused on its intended purpose...cruising!!  

And yet, here we are, a mere 15 hours after the first quote and the president is saying we should get back to normal by Easter. I don't see these as inseparable issues. We all have to make our decisions in the context of all that is happening. 

If you don't like a post, ignore it. But there are a lot of good reasons to consider the political states around us as we make our cruising or flying decisions. It doesn't help to try and stifle those healthy discussions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

And yet, here we are, a mere 15 hours after the first quote and the president is saying we should get back to normal by Easter. I don't see these as inseparable issues. We all have to make our decisions in the context of all that is happening. 

If you don't like a post, ignore it. But there are a lot of good reasons to consider the political states around us as we make our cruising or flying decisions. It doesn't help to try and stifle those healthy discussions.

Your comment right here is not political in nature ... some of the other ones were veering in that direction (opinions only and nothing to do with cruising) and it should be stifled on this forum.  

Perhaps a revisit to the guidelines for some members would help with some of that confusion.