RC Cruises extends global suspension until May 12th, for now.

5 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I can see that Anthem is anchored off CoCoCay (subject to my limited knowledge of American geography).

Her next scheduled cruise is (still) appearing on both UK & US websites departing Southampton on 15th May - only a few days after RCI recommences operations.

Do people think she will still be 'amped' before then or just undergo the necessary marine inspections to save time (and money)? And even whether 15th May sailing is a practical possibility or not?

Regards,

Cublet

I don’t think she was ever supposed to be amped. I think she is just due for her 5 year check up

11 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

You know... life happens. My aunt, who has colon cancer, was rushed to the hospital today and died.. in 1 day. It has nothing to do with the virus, ironically. What is my point? When it is time, it is time. Live life, responsibly and love the time we have with others. 

So sorry for the loss of your Aunt.  I love your attitude.

As for the FCCs for your Hawaii cruise, others in a similar KSF situation have reported that they contacted Royal and were able to get the FCCs changed to reflect which passengers were actually paying.  If you want to stay with the FCCs, that may be an option.  You can also just change the FCC to a full refund and start over again once this passes.  I hope that your once in a lifetime cruise is just delayed a bit. 

18 hours ago, nelblu said:

Continued from above:

• This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid (or Cruisetour, if applicable). And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do! You can expect to receive your FCC by:

◦ Monday, April 13th, 2020, if your sail date was on or before April 10th, 2020, or on Ovation of the Seas April 11th, 2020, Radiance March 14th, 2020, Jewel of the Seas March 19th – May 5th, 2020, and all April 2020 Spectrum of the Seas sailings.

◦ Monday, April 30th, 2020, if your sail date was on or after April 11th, 2020.

• Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded.

• Please note:

◦ If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do not qualify for this offer.

◦ And, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.

◦ If you were impacted by our first global suspension (sailings through April 10th, 2020), and paid additional monetary funds on a new booking within this extended suspension period, you’ll receive two 125% Future Cruise Credits: one for the original booking and another equal to 125% of any monies paid towards cruise fare on the new booking. You are able to opt in to refund one or both via the process below.

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You have until December 31st, 2021 to request a refund.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.

• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.

• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

• Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items:

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020.

• If we don’t hear from you on or before April 8th, 2020, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded.

And, if you purchased air or hotel:

• Cancellations for sailings on or before April 10th, 2020:

◦ via Royal Caribbean, these will also be automatically refunded to you.

◦ on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

• Cancellations for sailings on or after April 11th, 2020:

◦ if you purchased refundable air or hotel accommodations through Royal Caribbean, they will be automatically refunded to you.

◦ if you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

We know, this too shall pass, and we are optimistic that very soon you’ll be excited about planning your next cruise vacation. As always, the most important thing to us will always be the safety of our guests and crew. In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the global situation. We wish you good health and truly appreciate your continued loyalty.

For the most current U.S. government travel advisories, be sure to visit these sites:

U.S. Centers for Disease Control 

U.S. Department of State

I am booked on a cruise leaving from Baltimore on May 14, 2020 going to two ports in Canada. Will they cancel the cruise or just stop at other ports in the US instead of Canada?

Thanks

14 hours ago, luv2sailAgain said:

We purchased our American Airlines flight in December for our May 30th cruise.  In February, our flight time was changed by 2 hours and 19 minutes.  At that time, we were not offered to change our flight or receive a refund.  I did read on one of the frequent flyer blogs that you could receive a refund if the change was 2 hours or more. But I read about the policy some time after the change was made.

Any thoughts about getting a refund now? Probably next to zero. . .

We purchased our April 30 American Airlines Chicago to Tampa flight in November. Some time in January - AA cancelled the flight and booked us on a flight that departs 3 hours earlier. Now that our cruise from Tampa has been cancelled - we wanted to get a refund on the flight, and not just a credit. American Airlines' Conditions of Carriage  (https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/support/conditions-of-carriage.jsp?anchorEvent=false&from=footer?)

says this about refunds of nonrefundable tickets:

Non-refundable tickets

We don't refund cash for non-refundable tickets. However, if you cancel your trip before departure, you can use the value of your ticket toward future travel on American. You'll need to rebook and travel within 1 year and pay a change fee plus any difference in fare.

We will refund a non-refundable ticket (or the value of the unused segment of your trip) to the original form of payment if:

• You cancel within 24 hours of booking (and booked at least 2 days before departure).
  • We cancel your flight
  • We make a schedule change that results in a change of 61 minutes or more.
  • A passenger or their travel companion dies.*
  • Military orders require you to cancel your trip.*

Phoning American was a waste of time, as the agent would only cancel the flight. First, cancel your flight online, then apply for the refund here: https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/

Your reason for requesting a refund is Involuntary Flight Cancellation or Schedule Change.  In the Comments box, I said  that AA cancelled Flight #ABC and rebooked us 3 hours earlier on Flight #DEF. Then I said: "Conditions of Carriage says AA will refund a nonrefundable ticket if schedule change results in a change of 61 minutes or more."

When I checked the status of the refund request this morning - it was approved!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lidodeck03 said:

I am booked on a cruise leaving from Baltimore on May 14, 2020 going to two ports in Canada. Will they cancel the cruise or just stop at other ports in the US instead of Canada?

Thanks

I imagine the cruise will be cancelled. However, if it sails - the ship has to visit a foreign port. The closest non-Canadian options are Bermuda and the Bahamas.

Edited by NancyIL

7 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

We purchased our April 30 American Airlines Chicago to Tampa flight in November. Some time in January - AA cancelled the flight and booked us on a flight that departs 3 hours earlier. Now that our cruise from Tampa has been cancelled - we wanted to get a refund on the flight, and not just a credit. American Airlines' Conditions of Carriage  (https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/support/conditions-of-carriage.jsp?anchorEvent=false&from=footer?)

Non-refundable tickets

We don't refund cash for non-refundable tickets. However, if you cancel your trip before departure, you can use the value of your ticket toward future travel on American. You'll need to rebook and travel within 1 year and pay a change fee plus any difference in fare.

We will refund a non-refundable ticket (or the value of the unused segment of your trip) to the original form of payment if:

• You cancel within 24 hours of booking (and booked at least 2 days before departure).
  • We cancel your flight

Phoning American was a waste of time, as the agent would only cancel the flight. First, cancel your flight online, then apply for the refund here: https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/

Your reason for requesting a refund is Involuntary Flight Cancellation or Schedule Change.  In the Comments box, I said  that AA cancelled Flight #ABC and rebooked us 3 hours earlier on Flight #DEF. Then I said: "Conditions of Carriage says AA will refund a nonrefundable ticket if schedule change results in a change of 61 minutes or more."

This is great info - thank you!!! My TA said just this morning that they would not refund a flight for being moved more than an hour, so great to hear otherwise and the way to best go about it. 🎉

14 minutes ago, lidodeck03 said:

Thanks

Same here. Went through refund process to see what would happen and date selection does stop at May 11. Will just have to wait a bit longer to see what they are going to do.

2 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

This is great info - thank you!!! My TA said just this morning that they would not refund a flight for being moved more than an hour, so great to hear otherwise and the way to best go about it. 🎉

You're welcome! Each airline is different, so be sure to read (and then quote back to them!) their Conditions (or Contract) of Carriage.

Our cruise to Alaska on Radiance June 5th is cancelled.  There was an email in my inbox overnight - 125% FCC automatically issued in due course.

2 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Same here. Went through refund process to see what would happen and date selection does stop at May 11. Will just have to wait a bit longer to see what they are going to do.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just talked to two different reps and a supervisor in different departments and was told the same thing.

For sailings that were cancelled by Royal a FCC that was originally applied to the booking will be reinstated under its original terms with an expiry date of no sooner than Oct 31, 2020.

Your new FCC at 125% will be based on the cruise fare actually paid not including the original FCC.

Thank you very much for asking and posting the information !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

The cancel notice gives you a spot to click on and fill out a form which says you waive the 125% FCC and want 100% cash back.

I went through the link to get a full refund instead of FCC. No confirmation number was given and I didn’t get a confirmation email... is this correct or did I do something wrong?

2 minutes ago, WiddyTwo said:

I went through the link to get a full refund instead of FCC. No confirmation number was given and I didn’t get a confirmation email... is this correct or did I do something wrong?

Got nothing back, no number, no email, gonna give it a few weeks as it was a 5/2/20 cruise.  In no real hurry to get more credits back on a credit card I use only for RCI.

6 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Non-refundable tickets

• We cancel your flight

Thanks so much for posting this NancyIL.  

American changed our flights in May to where we now arrive 3hrs later than originally scheduled.  We need to cancel also and want a refund.  

It looks like from your post, the online process is two steps?  First cancel and then request a refund?   Any idea what would’ve happened if you stopped after the first step?  Receive a voucher or just SOL?  The cancelling part makes me a little nervous w/out knowing what comes next.  

I requested a refund last night without cancelling using the same website link.  I think it was all one step (maybe it defaulted to cancelling automatically also, but I don’t recall).  I used verbiage regarding the much later arrival.  If my request gets denied, I’ll quote theIr language back to them too. 

Thanks again. 

6 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Non-refundable tickets

• We cancel your flight

This is such great information!  I appreciate it so much.

3 minutes ago, atgood said:

American changed our flights in May to where we now arrive 3hrs later than originally scheduled.  We need to cancel also and want a refund.  

It looks like from your post, the online process is two steps?  First cancel and then request a refund?   Any idea what would’ve happened if you stopped after the first step?  Receive a voucher or just SOL?  The cancelling part makes me a little nervous w/out knowing what comes next.  

I requested a refund last night without cancelling using the same website link.  I think it was all one step (maybe it defaulted to cancelling automatically also, but I don’t recall).  I used verbiage regarding the much later arrival.  If my request gets denied, I’ll quote theIr language back to them too. 

Thanks again. 

I followed NancyIL’s directions earlier today. I did have to cancel first before I could process the refund request. Hopefully all goes smoothly. That’s was my husband’s ticket. For the three of us who had award tickets with AA miles, I cancelled and then tried to follow same procedure. It gave me an 800 number to call. I did, and was connected with the award miles department. She said there may be a penalty because our return is in June, and they’re waiving fees through May at this point. I explained AA changed our flight, quoted the conditions of carriage, and she put me through to reservation department. I explained to next person, who refunded with no questions at all once she reviewed the original flights and then the changes. Refunding taxes to my card and miles to our account. Thanks again NancyIL! As I said, my TA said it wasn’t possible. 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, atgood said:

Thanks again. 

You're welcome. Yes, you need to cancel your flight before you can request a refund. AA's web site  says not to worry - that you won't lose the value of your cancelled  ticket. Just make sure the travel date of the ticket you cancel is within the dates American is waiving change fees.

Since you already applied for a refund - go back to the refund page and fill in your ticket number in the blue "Check Your Refund Status" box.

17 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

This is such great information!  I appreciate it so much.

You're welcome, and good luck!

15 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

I followed NancyIL’s directions earlier today. I did have to cancel first before I could process the refund request. Hopefully all goes smoothly. That’s was my husband’s ticket. For the three of us who had award tickets with AA miles, I cancelled and then tried to follow same procedure. It gave me an 800 number to call. I did, and was connected with the award miles department. She said there may be a penalty because our return is in June, and they’re waiving fees through May at this point. I explained AA changed our flight, quoted the conditions of carriage, and she put me through to reservation department. I explained to next person, who refunded with no questions at all once she reviewed the original flights and then the changes. Refunding taxes to my card and miles to our account. Thanks again NancyIL! As I said, my TA said it wasn’t possible. 😉

Sarah, so glad it worked out for you! When my husband first called American yesterday, the agent he spoke with said it was too late to get a refund because we had been notified of the flight change several months ago. She was wrong!  I almost didn't submit a request for my Basic Economy ticket, as those specifically say "no refunds" when you purchase the ticket. However, the Conditions of Carriage made no distinction between Basic Economy and Main Cabin tickets for purposes of getting a refund.

Edited by NancyIL

We have 2 cruises cancelled by Royal so far.  We have chosen the 125% FCC.  Does anyone have an idea about how this FCC will work?  I’ve been imagining it will be like a bank for future purchases.  A friend asked me today and I had no idea of the answer... can these credits be used on any number of cruises or will each FCC be used for one cruise each?   

I hope my question was clear. 

16 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

We have 2 cruises cancelled by Royal so far.  We have chosen the 125% FCC.  Does anyone have an idea about how this FCC will work?  I’ve been imagining it will be like a bank for future purchases.  A friend asked me today and I had no idea of the answer... can these credits be used on any number of cruises or will each FCC be used for one cruise each?   

I hope my question was clear. 

Future Cruise Credits can be used for any number of cruises.