RC Cruises extends global suspension until May 12th, for now.

3 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

No obc will be given as it was never cash , it was a complimentary credit. 

all prepaid if you paid for them excursions will be refunded. If you booked them with OBC you won’t get anything 

What about people with Royal Caribbean credit cards who cashed in their points for OBC? Do they lose it all too?

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Even that is in question. I saw you could get a 125% fcc on your prepaid, drinks tips etc. if you apply by 4/8

I was referring to them  giving you a refund of obc on you credit card  not a FCC.

52 minutes ago, KelJ said:

I know. Us too!  However, I just went into my cruise planner and it says I may be able to opt to receive 125% onboard credit for my cruise planner purchases instead of getting a refund. I have to decide by April 8. Has anyone else seen that in their cruise planners?

$22.50 per day. :classic_biggrin: For the $18 drink package. We weren't fortunate enough to get it. 

Edited by Coralc

42 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

B) changes the flight time by more than 2 hours (or maybe it’s 3?) because they automatically give you the option at that point to either get your money back or change your flight. 

We purchased our American Airlines flight in December for our May 30th cruise.  In February, our flight time was changed by 2 hours and 19 minutes.  At that time, we were not offered to change our flight or receive a refund.  I did read on one of the frequent flyer blogs that you could receive a refund if the change was 2 hours or more. But I read about the policy some time after the change was made.

Any thoughts about getting a refund now? Probably next to zero. . .

4 minutes ago, Msett89 said:

This is not surprising. I am on the Harmony 5/17 cruise and noticed it disappeared off the website as well. Any reason why that would be gone now too? 

Harmony May 17th can be booked by TA’s on the agent booking site.

nothing more than Royal’s  usual IT glitches. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, luv2sailAgain said:

We purchased our American Airlines flight in December for our May 30th cruise.  In February, our flight time was changed by 2 hours and 19 minutes.  At that time, we were not offered to change our flight or receive a refund.  I did read on one of the frequent flyer blogs that you could receive a refund if the change was 2 hours or more. But I read about the policy some time after the change was made.

You should still be allowed to cancel for the full refund. I don’t think there’s a time limit on when you have to do it by. Give American a call. You may be in luck!!

• Like 1

Can someone (perhaps @Ourusualbeach who has been quite knowledgeable and helpful on this) please clarify this.  I knew what they were doing with a previous program but this one is unclear to me

I paid for this cruise partially with a Future Cruise Credit and partially with cash.  Under the optional cancel program a couple weeks ago, if you chose to cancel they would reinstate that original FCC to it original date and issue a FCC for 100% of the cash paid.

How does it work with this mandatory cancel.  The language is not really clear.  This is the closest it comes to addressing it - but are they using the term "Cruise with Confidence certificate" for any previous Future Cruise Credit?   And if so, does that mean the expiration date is effectively extended for the old FCC to 12/31/21 ?

And, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.

Thanks

Edited by Maverick61

You know... life happens. My aunt, who has colon cancer, was rushed to the hospital today and died.. in 1 day. It has nothing to do with the virus, ironically. What is my point? When it is time, it is time. Live life, responsibly and love the time we have with others. 

Our once in a lifetime Hawaii cruise was cancelled today. We had the royal suite and all 6 of us were so excited. My problem? The FCC is per person and my sister and child will not take future cruises with us. We had kids sail free so the extra 25% anyway covers the loss for the one adult ticket as person 5. I still need to call delta and beg to get the credit for business class flights moved to the four of us who always travel together. 

I was going to get a refund and then call the insurance I booked last October. It would have reimbursed flights. But! I found awesome new cruises to new places on new boats and with the extra 25% we can basically take a cruise for free. Mom may get the Vatican ans Jerusalem after all!

I am very sad we cannot take this cruise, but this too shall pass. Find the positive and support the industry. We all love to cruise and it will start again! 

Leanna

• Like 2

4 hours ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Our flight was changed from a 5pm to a 9:35am flight on American several weeks ago (for June 7th). I didn’t mind at the time - it actually worked out better for us, but now wonder if it can be a way to get a refund for a cruise that won’t happen (May 29 out of Southampton). Can I get a refund of whole fare if only return flights changed? The JFK-BNA segment was cancelled, so we were automatically rebooked on an earlier LHR-JFK flight and put on an earlier JFK-BNA flight. 

30 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Our flight was changed from a 5pm to a 9:35am flight on American several weeks ago (for June 7th). I didn’t mind at the time - it actually worked out better for us, but now wonder if it can be a way to get a refund for a cruise that won’t happen (May 29 out of Southampton). Can I get a refund of whole fare if only return flights changed? The JFK-BNA segment was cancelled, so we were automatically rebooked on an earlier LHR-JFK flight and put on an earlier JFK-BNA flight. 

If you booked it as a round trip ticket then yes. I had this happen a couple years ago with a round trip flight to Puerto Rico. American Airlines changed the flight time TO Puerto Rico  and I was able to call and extend my vacation by coming back FROM Puerto Rico by a couple extra days, which I wanted to do anyway but hadn’t done because I didn’t want to pay the change fee.

Because of the change to my flight there, I was able to change the flight home for free because it was round trip and the flights were connected. I also had the option to cancel and get my money back. This was in 2015. 

EDITED TO ADD: The airline will only give you the opportunity to make the change or get the refund one time after they altered the flight time. If you happened to call American when this happened and acknowledged to them that you were ok with the time change, they may have removed your option to call and make future changes or get the refund. If you never called them and accepted the time change then you should be able to get the money back now. 

ALSO- if you have regular trip insurance (it doesn’t have to be the cancel for any reason kind) then usually you are covered for a refund if one of your flights or connections was changed by the airline by a certain number of hours. If you didn’t buy trip insurance, check to see if the credit card you used has trip insurance coverage. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

Hello,

I can see that Anthem is anchored off CoCoCay (subject to my limited knowledge of American geography).

Her next scheduled cruise is (still) appearing on both UK & US websites departing Southampton on 15th May - only a few days after RCI recommences operations.

Do people think she will still be 'amped' before then or just undergo the necessary marine inspections to save time (and money)? And even whether 15th May sailing is a practical possibility or not?

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet

17 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I can see that Anthem is anchored off CoCoCay (subject to my limited knowledge of US geography).

Her next scheduled cruise is (still) appearing on both UK & US websites departing Southampton on 15th May - only a few days after RCI recommences operations.

Do people think she will still be 'amped' before then or just undergo the necessary marine inspections to save time (and money)? And even whether 15th May sailing is a practical possibility or not?

Regards,

Cublet

Anthem was never going to be 'amped' - her dry dock was always going to be a minor one. So I suspect they'll stick to that plan.

I would be very doubtful about May 15th being a possibility. We're booked on the 29th and final payment is a week or so.... still debating whether to cancel or pay and presume we'll get 125% FCC

11 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

Anthem was never going to be 'amped' - her dry dock was always going to be a minor one. So I suspect they'll stick to that plan.

I would be very doubtful about May 15th being a possibility. We're booked on the 29th and final payment is a week or so.... still debating whether to cancel or pay and presume we'll get 125% FCC

Hello,

I am not booked on 15th May, that was just an intro to my questions.

I am booked on 29th May and 6th June and have paid. I am unsure about the use of the 125% FCC to me as I am already 'fully booked' for 2020 & 2021. According to the published rules that I have seen it cannot be used against an existing booking. However many people here on CC have said that is not so and so did the RCI agent that took my booking - who went on to say that a new booking in 2021 did not have to be taken in that year. Right or wrong, these booking telephone calls are recorded so a, hopefully short, battle may ensue.

Regards,

Cublet

6 hours ago, Maverick61 said:

Can someone (perhaps @Ourusualbeach who has been quite knowledgeable and helpful on this) please clarify this.  I knew what they were doing with a previous program but this one is unclear to me

I paid for this cruise partially with a Future Cruise Credit and partially with cash.  Under the optional cancel program a couple weeks ago, if you chose to cancel they would reinstate that original FCC to it original date and issue a FCC for 100% of the cash paid.

How does it work with this mandatory cancel.  The language is not really clear.  This is the closest it comes to addressing it - but are they using the term "Cruise with Confidence certificate" for any previous Future Cruise Credit?   And if so, does that mean the expiration date is effectively extended for the old FCC to 12/31/21 ?

And, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.

Thanks

Like you I know how they are applying under the Cruise with confidence policy but I am unsure about under the 125% offer.

i am calling about this situation today for a client and will post back. 

• Like 2

I canceled my March 21st cruise about a week before RCL suspended future cruises, my beverage and internet package got credited back to my card right away but I’m STILL waiting for email confirmation about my future cruise credit and I’ve called three times, keep hearing it will appear soon.  I also applied a cruise credit from a day we missed at CocoCay last November which we will lose unless we cruise by November 2020.  This won’t happen since we are booked on Celebrity this November and credits aren’t interchangeable.  

9 hours ago, Maverick61 said:

Thanks

I just talked to two different reps and a supervisor in different departments and was told the same thing.

For sailings that were cancelled by Royal a FCC that was originally applied to the booking will be reinstated under its original terms with an expiry date of no sooner than Oct 31, 2020.

Your new FCC at 125% will be based on the cruise fare actually paid not including the original FCC.