Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, maggieq said:

Were you booked on the freedom?  We were to celebrate my 50th 😥

Yes, B2B...was to be leaving this Sunday and the week after.  Love flying into PR...errr...or at least I used to.  😞  My 25th is scheduled/booked for end of this coming May on Allure...but I don't give much hope for that one going either.  

Happy anniversary anyway!  😍

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Done. Let’s go cruising 

D0BB5292-13B5-43C9-9F1F-DA14D0C5350A.jpeg

You got your shot already?  I thought you were having trouble getting set up for one?  

Bucky still in limbo with waiting for the VA to come through...they told him originally it would have been this week.   So much for that.  😞 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

You got your shot already?  I thought you were having trouble getting set up for one?  

Bucky still in limbo with waiting for the VA to come through...they told him originally it would have been this week.   So much for that.  😞 

Found out this morning. Boss got text saying their family members over 65 were eligible for vaccine. She told me to go, now. Lots of Law Enforcement/Fire/EMT and other healthcare workers. They checked my ID to insure I was over 65. 

I have the letter from the VA. It says only VETS over 85 and others with certain conditions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Found out this morning. Boss got text saying their family members over 65 were eligible for vaccine. She told me to go, now. Lots of Law Enforcement/Fire/EMT and other healthcare workers. They checked my ID to insure I was over 65. 

I have the letter from the VA. It says only VETS over 85 and others with certain conditions. 

Yeah, Bucky was told to keep daily watch on the website.  So far, with him being 70, does not get him anything yet.  

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I thought it was supposed to be at 21 days.  Sister-in-law is due to get her second shot next Monday.  She got the Pfizer one, and it is at 21 days. 

I've got the Pfizer, it's 21 days apart. Rory got Moderna, which is 28 days.

I saw an interview with the medical director of Moderna, he advised categorically to stick to the 28 days, no more no less.

• Like 1

Guys, its very nice seeing you here just sharing some good moments of your life. I really hope that we will manage to enjoy life as usual pretty soon. In any case, I am very glad that you guys are so exciting about the new year. Keep it up 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Today, we are both WFH (as we will remain, for many more months).  Tonight we will do a HelloFresh shepherds pie.  And, the cool thing is, we booked our 2/6/22 Odyssey cruise!  Since it's a suite, we will get the double-double points, pushing us well into Diamond 🙂  I told DH I will understand if he wants to cancel closer to the date, but I'm just super happy I have something to plan again!  Normally I have something on the books to plan a year out, so 2020 was rough for me 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I thought it was supposed to be at 21 days.  Sister-in-law is due to get her second shot next Monday.  She got the Pfizer one, and it is at 21 days. 

Moderna is 28 days.  Easier for most to do that one being it does not have to be kept at the extreme cold of Pfizer.  Pfizer is indeed the 21 day.   My sister got that one, I am due for Moderna.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Today, we are both WFH (as we will remain, for many more months).  Tonight we will do a HelloFresh shepherds pie.  And, the cool thing is, we booked our 2/6/22 Odyssey cruise!  Since it's a suite, we will get the double-double points, pushing us well into Diamond 🙂  I told DH I will understand if he wants to cancel closer to the date, but I'm just super happy I have something to plan again!  Normally I have something on the books to plan a year out, so 2020 was rough for me 😞

Cool!  "Sea" you on board.  🤗 That will be our 2nd leg of our B2B with 1/29/22.  Sister and bro in law joining us for that one to celebrate their anniversary.  🙂 

• Like 3

Waiting (and live tracking) UPS to bring my new lap top to me.  My old one died right at 5.3 years.  What it is with laptops and the 5 year expiration date?  😠  Computer doctors were able to pull my documents and pictures from the dead/dying hard drive failed computer, and told me I could spend 200 or 2000 on a new laptop...with all of them having an average life span of 5 years.  ☠️

Using my cute little "travel" lap top this last week, since the 17 inch was getting slower and slower, then just retired itself totally.  It's body is decorating our local garage heap now.  Oh well, this travel computer doesn't get to travel much anyway.  Anymore than I do.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1