Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@dani negreanuThat mortadella log was unbelievable.  How the heck do they even get that thing to the market?  With a crane?  And imagine, the farmer sells it all.

I like to put thin slices on mortadella on our Italian grinders that I make once or twice a year.  Once slice of that size would cover about 25 sandwiches. Whole lot of yum!

• Like 2

@George CWhat a sweet suite!  I can only dream of staying in one.  The closest I will ever get was an owners suite on the Jewel.  I scored it back when RC used to have fire sales the day after the final payment was due.  I spotted it and called to get an upgrade from a balcony for $110 more per person.  The person who answered the phone told me what I deal I was going to get but then told me he had to go into a meeting.  Next person argued with me for about 20 minutes telling me it was for new bookings only.  Finally, after checking with two or three people he got the "ok" to give us the cabin.  I was so aggravated I almost cancelled my orginal booking.  I would have lost $900 but the price of the same balcony was about $2000 less so it would have been $1100 back in my pocket.  Good thing RC came to their senses.

• Like 3

Today, we went out on the boat to enjoy the lake.  It is never a good sign when the search and rescue boats show up. 

60607719-E7E0-42C6-8A7A-E36DE41F3E51.thumb.jpeg.7f00c9255442515cff95adbada73aee8.jpeg

They easily passed us in the no wake zone. 

Fortunately, it was just a couple fishermen that needed towed, and not a drowning. 

• Like 5

We had all three grandkids aboard for some water fun. 

D9262CF5-3A11-4E2E-A51A-BCA72D7493F6.thumb.jpeg.c7c423b16782652f856847817d11aaaa.jpeg

Both grandsons were in the tube for a slow ride. 982969D9-53DA-4948-84AF-846759B4F7A5.thumb.jpeg.5fa5f549a01635b00c360d4758e9fb97.jpeg

They had fun with a remote control alligator head boat we bought for our CA grandson. 

8587AEF7-DCAD-4062-A3B1-94BC01B8A9F5.thumb.jpeg.ec7ace307e1638c66214e140eac962c4.jpeg

Sometimes I don’t know if the screams are fright or joy.  I guess it was joy, because he wanted to go again, only faster.  

It looked like this, just as we got off the lake.  Two minutes after loading the boat and securing to the trailer, a huge thunderstorm moved through. 

77D6443A-DF54-4C73-9AB2-BACCC1C17EA4.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Has anyone been watching Below Deck Med?  Curious as to what you think.  So far I am not enjoying it🥴

I've been watching it too. Seems kind of flat. The one stew (Miss Something or other, was she Miss Jamaica?) has a lot to snark.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sheal said:

@George CWhat a sweet suite!  I can only dream of staying in one.  The closest I will ever get was an owners suite on the Jewel.  I scored it back when RC used to have fire sales the day after the final payment was due.  I spotted it and called to get an upgrade from a balcony for $110 more per person.  The person who answered the phone told me what I deal I was going to get but then told me he had to go into a meeting.  Next person argued with me for about 20 minutes telling me it was for new bookings only.  Finally, after checking with two or three people he got the "ok" to give us the cabin.  I was so aggravated I almost cancelled my orginal booking.  I would have lost $900 but the price of the same balcony was about $2000 less so it would have been $1100 back in my pocket.  Good thing RC came to their senses.

Owners suite on rccl is really cool did it on Oasis,  big difference is celebrity suite perks are really so much better than rccl ,  but rccl entertainment is so much better than celebrity. Love the retreat area on the Edge with private suite pool with a bar . Even in suite restaurant on Edge we were given the best tables etc . Glad rccl treated you ok in the end . We did a bid up and didn’t know we had the penthouse suite until two days before we sailed,no way we would have payed list price of this beautiful suite.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

funny story, we drove to Ohio from southeastern PA several years ago to buy fireworks and decided to go to Cleveland for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame since we drove this far.     

We went and the parking lot was packed.     Couldn't find anywhere to park so I parked the car and left hubby and my girlfriend in the car while I ran up to find out about tickets.      I was told it was a private event and had to leave.     Went back to the car to discover I had a parking ticket.     Neither Eric or my friend Maureen could talk the cop out of the ticket.    It was for only for $25 but still I couldn't believe in 10 minutes I was away with them sitting in the car I got a ticket.     

We got home and totally lost the ticket and then forgot about it.   

Never received any type of reminder in the mail.

About a year later Eric got home from work early one day and the County Sheriff knocked on our door asking for me.   Explained I was still at work and the Sheriff handed Eric a copy of the parking ticket from OH and told him either he needed to pay it now or he had orders to arrest me for non payment of out of state ticket.      Really for a $25 parking ticket!!!     Eric paid him something like $75 with the late fee and fine.

I made a right turn on a red years ago on Long Island. The cop popped up out of nowhere. My friend and both said that right on red was legal in Florida. 
I had stopped, and made sure the way was clear before I turned. 
The policeman basically said hogwash, it’s illegal everywhere. 
My uncle told me he knew someone who would take care of the ticket, so I gave it to him. After I was home in Florida, I wrote to double check, and he said it was taken care of. 
It was at least a year later that I got a letter from the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles saying my license would be suspended if I didn’t pay the ticket to New York within 7 days. 
Luckily, they gave me the info to do it, and there was no extra fine tacked on. 
I was sure disillusioned about my uncle, who was always the big shot in the family. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

About 14 years ago my daughter's fast pitch team made it to Syracuse for the regionals.  Going to and coming home there were work zone signs everywhere and yet no actual work being done anywhere.  I came upon another work zone about a mile away from a bridge and although I slowed down long before the actual work area I got tagged along with about a half dozen other cars.  I never told my husband about the $400 ticket.  I was mortified when I saw it.  I would probably still be in jail if I didn't pay it and they came looking for me.:)

Edited to say, I was not going more than 10 miles over the actual speed limit, I don't really speed in general.  Guess I am gun shy these days.

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

She keeps saying she doesn’t tell anyone she was Miss, I think Bahamas, and then she tells everyone!

At least the chef finally stood up to her about being bossy. And her just walking into the galley and eating guest food without asking or knowing if it was needed for the guest deserved a stern response from the chef.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

My take on Jamaica:

We love Jamaica, so I would be the first one out there. 😁

Many do not care for Falmouth. But everybody's comfort/tolerence levels are different. From Falmouth we have taken cruise ship excursions and done day passes directly with hotels or third party booked in advance...Doctor's cave beach MO bay, all that, and Rose Hall Hilton was my favorite AI day pass place which we did on our own. We always tried to see if there was a small group or couple of people from the roll call who would like to go. From Ochi we have wandered off on our own many times, done day passes, Dunn's River, etc etc. I have walked around on my own in this part, since I felt comfortable doing so. Yes one is propositined for trying things out or looking at thier shop, finding a good time called sweet heart, etc etc but I laugh it all! I am not easily intimidated, careful YES, but not scared. It is definitely not everybody's cup of tea, but I am fine with it and get amused. Ya Mon!😁

We love Jamaica and like you said we are careful but not scared.  That's goes for anywhere we go.

The last time we docked in Ocho Rios, spelling?, we walked out of the port area, wandered around town went into a small local store to buy a beverage and spoke with a local that said he would give us a tour in his car for $20 pp.  

I would always tell my boys never get in a car with a stranger, but they weren't there to stop us.

We hoped in and had an awesome day!  He took us thru many back roads, spent an hour or two at a small beach.   Checked out the waterfalls,  went to a horse ranch that had a bunch of retired racing horses, we were all over the place in a short amount of time.

At one point while on the beach, I asked if there was anywhere nearby to get a cocktail he tells me to walk along the beach pass the large palm tree and OMG they was a little hut make you whatever you wanted and smoke whatever you wanted too.  They gave me a hand carved wood cup to drink from and after I gave them a nice tip they told me to keep it.  

Eric wondering where I disappeared to then shows up and he couldn't believe it either.

If we tried, we Never would ever find this slice of heaven on our own.  We toured all over that day and he seemed to know everyone. 

He got us back to port with a half hour to spare  so we gave him a $100 instead of the $40 he asked for.  He argued it was too much.   We told him to keep it as he gave us an amazing day with great photos and great memories.     

We told several fellow passengers and most said we were nuts with how they rob people, etc etc

So wrong it was the best day!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

At least the chef finally stood up to her about being bossy. And her just walking into the galley and eating guest food without asking or knowing if it was needed for the guest deserved a stern response from the chef.

I just realized I didnt watch last night episode yet, recorded it.  

• Like 1

Owen came home and from soccer practice soaking wet. Lisa was particularly wet thanks to her large umbrella.

Thankfully his first baseball game was the night before. Unfortunately they lost 11-3. Owen grounded out twice and got to third but not home. He also caught two pop flies in center field. It was a walk fest, and more for them.  We had strike outs and ground outs. Their starting pitcher was great. I remember him from 3 years ago, but their rep team also draws from at least a 100 kids and we had 17 try out. Just they way it goes sometimes. 

Baseball game tomorrow and soccer game on Thursday. 

I got to stay home to watch the beginning of the All Star Game but slipped out to watch the shelf-cloud roll thru here at home. 

B9867097-DAD3-45AC-81A8-DE31A6DF76B9.thumb.jpeg.093318b929193621ae23de4fc49203b1.jpeg

CB9155BA-F930-48F9-924F-4BBD56AD6412.thumb.jpeg.b3a416befe4506d106d27ae40b857210.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, George C said:

We didn’t take this video but this is the penthouse suite we had last week, we were told nobody had it the first week so we were first there in over a year. We were treated like royalty all week, definitely vip treatment, I will see if my wife can help post a couple of pictures, we did this suite to celebrate my wife’s birthday and our anniversary, doubt we will ever do anything this big again . Will be happy to answer any questions, we did give a tour to some other cruise critic including Cruise Wizard Gary and his wife Mary . Our grand in November will look small compared to this. 

OMG!  That is beautiful.  I cannot imagine having that much space for 2 people.  I usually dont spend much time in the cabin but I dont think I would have left this cabin.  

My only question, was the outside deck large enough to have sun loungers?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

👎 😢

Yes definitely a waste of manpower.  Eric asked him why didnt they just mail us a certified letter instead of sending him out.  He had no idea and basically said he gets crazy notices from various states on a regular basis.

Not like the Sheriff is a debt collector.  I wasnt trying to avoid the ticket, just lost it and forgot all about after we got home.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I couldn't believe she did that! She ate 2! Captain should really hear about it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, George C said:

We didn’t take this video but this is the penthouse suite we had last week, we were told nobody had it the first week so we were first there in over a year. We were treated like royalty all week, definitely vip treatment, I will see if my wife can help post a couple of pictures, we did this suite to celebrate my wife’s birthday and our anniversary, doubt we will ever do anything this big again . Will be happy to answer any questions, we did give a tour to some other cruise critic including Cruise Wizard Gary and his wife Mary . Our grand in November will look small compared to this. 

Amazing!  Just beautiful.  Pure luxury.  Loved the ample closet space.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I do love my mojitos.    Eric says everytime he is in the mood for one the pitcher is almost empty.   I don't know how that happens....

We planted a cherry tree and a peach tree about 5 years ago.     The last 2 years I have had more than enough peaches but Eric's poor cherry tree gets picked all the time by the birds even though he drapes a net over it.    

My garden is doing awesome with the rain/humidity we are having this summer.      I have picked several cucumbers, have some eggplant to pick and more on the way.   Will have lots of squash in the future and tomatoes are going crazy too, should have some red ones soon.    

the only thing not doing well is my hot peppers I think the tomato plants grew too big and the peppers are getting shaded.

Sounds like a bountiful garden.  Do you ever pickle your cucumbers?  My mom used to make the best sour pickles using small kirby cucumbers placing the jars on our kitchen window sill. 

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like a bountiful garden.  Do you ever pickle your cucumbers?  My mom used to make the best sour pickles using small kirby cucumbers placing the jars on our kitchen window sill. 

Yes we have pickled cucumbers several times.  Eric had 2 really good recipes he used.  One was hot and spicy with onions, garlic and hot peppers.  We used to do the whole canning thing in the large Ball jars and make about 2 or 3 dozen jars and give away at christmas time.  

Havent done that in a couple years.

Maybe next year we will plant that type of cucumber.

I love having my tomatoes for sauces during the winter.  Last winter I ran out earlier than usual since we did a lot of home cooking due to covid.

I'm really into my herbs too.  I have various herbs that I cut then dry and grind or chop and put in spice jars to use all year.    Most of my herb plants I have had for several years.  Always happy in the spring when I see they are coming back alive after winter.

• Like 1

I had a great day yesterday,  one of my ex colleagues hosted a get together for past and present staff of the airline I worked for the last 17 years. It was lovely to see everyone again and reminisce and catch up.  

Dinner was an Indian buffet,  and I made aloo  gobi as my contribution, a mild vegetable curry, plus a lemon drizzle cake 

IMG-20210713-WA0027.jpg

20210713_121012.jpg

20210712_143037.jpg

20210713_185705.jpg

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I would always tell my boys never get in a car with a stranger, but they weren't there to stop us.

We hoped in and had an awesome day!  

Your tour sounds amazing.  I did something similar in Dubai. I was on a training course and because I was catching an earlier flight home the transport to the airport wasn't booked. It was extremely early in the morning and I was wandering along with my suitcase looking for a taxi when a car pulled up and the guy said did I want to go to the airport and he would take me for a set amount. I asked if he was a taxi snd he said yes but there was no taxi signs on the car and it sure wasn't an official taxi .

I stupidly got in but was worried the whole time until I started to see the airport signs, visions of white slave trade flashing before my eyes 😁

All Well that ends well, but as a women alone it was pretty stupid 🙄

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3