Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As of right now I feel like I have a bad summer cold. Stuffed up head, headache, and mild fever.  If we were not planning on leaving I probably would not of got tested.  Tomorrow morning I have a hospital appointment to get Covid Therapy to lessen the chance of severity.  As of where it happened I will not speculate.  This new variant is so contagious, it could of came from anywhere.  I don’t want anyone to feel guilty so I am not going to make a "logical guess" . I feel no one knowingly brought it to me.  My wife is still in good health.

That's good you are going for covid therapy/treatment tomorrow.     for now drink plenty of fluids (not all the cocktails we are all sharing recipes for!) and go to bed early.

If they give you the monoclonal antibody, bamlanivima,  tomorrow you may feel like a new person.  That is what they gave Eric and he felt great the following day.   He never lost his sense of taste or smell.  

Hopefully your Wife remains in good health too!    

Feel better soon!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thankfully so far it has not effected my taste!  With a cruise coming up in October, I would hate not being able to taste the food!

Hope your symptoms don't worsen.  Vacations can be re-scheduled.  Heal fast.  Same for your grandchild. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If they give you the monoclonal antibody, bamlanivima,  tomorrow you may feel like a new person.  That is what they gave Eric and he felt great the following day.   He never lost his sense of taste or smell.  

They mentioned that it was some kind of antibody but I forgot to wear my hearing aides, they were wearing masks and shields and using long medical words so what you say sounds right.  They say the infusion will take 1/2 hour and then I need to sit for around two hours.  They said so far all treatments they have administered has been a success.  I was wondering if it makes you feel gross right after you get it.  I am thankful that Eric felt great the following day.  That is encouraging.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just got sad news.  We were going to leave for  Lakeside Ohio Friday to vacation with my 3 daughters families and my brother and sister were coming.  I just tested positive and a grandchild tested positive.  Looks like they will all cancel now.  We were all looking forward to Skyline Chili and one of the daughters was planning to visit Cedar Point.  It’s a big bummer but thankful it’s not worse.

Would they tell you if it’s the Delta variant that is spreading so rapidly or do they not always test for which kind it is?

14 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Would they tell you if it’s the Delta variant that is spreading so rapidly or do they not always test for which kind it is?

Before the nurse got the rapid test result she kept talking about the Delta variant and how contagious it is for the young but not our age.  Then when the results came up she didn’t say anything. She just held up the machine that showed I was positive.  Not sure if she had a way of knowing.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As of right now I feel like I have a bad summer cold. Stuffed up head, headache, and mild fever.  If we were not planning on leaving I probably would not of got tested.  Tomorrow morning I have a hospital appointment to get Covid Therapy to lessen the chance of severity.  As of where it happened I will not speculate.  This new variant is so contagious, it could of came from anywhere.  I don’t want anyone to feel guilty so I am not going to make a "logical guess" . I feel no one knowingly brought it to me.  My wife is still in good health.

Are you vaccinated? Don't answer if you prefer not to.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just got sad news.  We were going to leave for  Lakeside Ohio Friday to vacation with my 3 daughters families and my brother and sister were coming.  I just tested positive and a grandchild tested positive.  Looks like they will all cancel now.  We were all looking forward to Skyline Chili and one of the daughters was planning to visit Cedar Point.  It’s a big bummer but thankful it’s not worse.

What a disappointment. I hope you can reschedule later in the summer.

Most of all GET WELL!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Before the nurse got the rapid test result she kept talking about the Delta variant and how contagious it is for the young but not our age.  Then when the results came up she didn’t say anything. She just held up the machine that showed I was positive.  Not sure if she had a way of knowing.  

She did not. Variant typing involves further lab testing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are you vaccinated? Don't answer if you prefer not to.

I don’t mind answering here because this place is feeling more like extended family. My wife and I both have been vaccinated back in April. 2 shots of Moderna.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t mind answering here because this place is feeling more like extended family. My wife and I both have been vaccinated back in April. 2 shots of Moderna.

Thanks. Very interesting.... to me anyway. So did you have a rapid antigen or a PCR test?

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. Very interesting.... to me anyway. So did you have a rapid antigen or a PCR test?

Rapid.  First test I have taken.  My daughter works in a nursing home, ot, and has been tested over 70 times.  I hate that for her. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They mentioned that it was some kind of antibody but I forgot to wear my hearing aides, they were wearing masks and shields and using long medical words so what you say sounds right.  They say the infusion will take 1/2 hour and then I need to sit for around two hours.  They said so far all treatments they have administered has been a success.  I was wondering if it makes you feel gross right after you get it.  I am thankful that Eric felt great the following day.  That is encouraging.

From what you are saying sounds like they will administer the monoclonal antibody, his doc called it bamlam for shortened version.

I just asked, Eric doesnt recall feeling gross after he got it.  They kept him in the hospital to monitor since he is an organ transplant recipient but told him they usually just monitor people for a couple of hours after receiving the infusion.

He remembers just being tired that day and didnt feel like eating much till the next day when he woke up feeling great.

I have heard has a high success rate.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

interesting week around here….we were in a car show on Sunday and came back to find the one road in and out of our neighborhood to be completely collapsed…they had to open an emergency vehicle route that we’ve been using and will continue to use for the foreseeable future.

424E2A0E-D181-424B-855E-14DFBA9C0421.jpeg.e37dd9414f82c2603e7e4c3974b7965e.jpeg

32548BA5-7DBF-4D8D-A207-E21DC3894C07.jpeg.1d5b0059f58a9eaa0322a25e17bd938c.jpeg

On Monday we got a call from my stepson…remember when he packed up and moved to California back in March?

C2BB16DA-6F44-485A-B125-62F3156CA42D.thumb.jpeg.71d6afd18a16164a99281bb4eda22b5a.jpeg

well, he wants to come back. 

We fly to Florida on Friday for a week and when we get back he will just be driving in. He’s going to rent a room in the basement from us for a while.

Anyway, off to the gym and then home to finish packing. We drop Sam off at the pet sitter’s tomorrow night.

I hope you get along ok. 

Umm… how do you snip a little bit for the quote without the pictures? I gather that’s a bad thing, and I want my new family to like me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Gators are an issue in Florida, but not really on the canal that I live on. It’s not a small one. They are more in the ponds, lakes and the smaller canals that are more west of me.

My dad lived in Venice Florida.  There was a small canal behind his house.  I tried fishing it and a baby gator snapped at my buzz bait.  He had a picture of a big one in the back yard.  He pointed out that everyone with a pool had it screened in to keep out the gators.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, singinalot said:

interesting week around here….we were in a car show on Sunday and came back to find the one road in and out of our neighborhood to be completely collapsed…they had to open an emergency vehicle route that we’ve been using and will continue to use for the foreseeable future.

On Monday we got a call from my stepson…remember when he packed up and moved to California back in March?

C2BB16DA-6F44-485A-B125-62F3156CA42D.thumb.jpeg.71d6afd18a16164a99281bb4eda22b5a.jpeg

We fly to Florida on Friday for a week and when we get back he will just be driving in. He’s going to rent a room in the basement from us for a while.

Anyway, off to the gym and then home to finish packing. We drop Sam off at the pet sitter’s tomorrow night.

So glad that picture with your stepson is from march and you dont have snow now...

7 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I hope you get along ok. 

Umm… how do you snip a little bit for the quote without the pictures? I gather that’s a bad thing, and I want my new family to like me!

Maybe an easier way, but I usually go into the box above and simply erase what i dont want to repeat again from that post.  I think when on laptop i can cut and paste.

And no worries, we would never hate you, at least not for that!  LOL😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, singinalot said:

That road collasping is kind of scary. Do you have any idea what was in this area originally before they started to build roads and house over it? 

Maybe I missed this earlier when you were purchasing your new house. What state is this in anyway?

8 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Umm… how do you snip a little bit for the quote without the pictures?

You highlight the text you want to quote.

At the "end of the highlight" (aka, when you release the mouse) a text will appear "quote selection". Press on it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

simply erase what i dont want to repeat again from that post.  I think when on laptop i can cut and paste.

I highlight what I want to post then hit quote.  Then the highlighted words are all that shows up.  Speaking of cut, I know I saw a post with some good advise but I can not find it anymore.  Drink plenty of water, Get to sleep early..etc.  Now that really sounds like family!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes...it's on Amelia Island.  It's by the Harris Teeter grocery store, if you know where that is.  Highly recommended.  Salt is on our list to try.  It's only about a 10 minute walk from our house but requires dressing up more than we usually do.  Maybe for our anniversary dinner in September.

There are some nice shops in that area. I haven’t been up there since COVID, but I hope they all survived. 

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My dad lived in Venice Florida.  There was a small canal behind his house.  I tried fishing it and a baby gator snapped at my buzz bait.  He had a picture of a big one in the back yard.  He pointed out that everyone with a pool had it screened in to keep out the gators.

The issues we have here at the house are the invasive iguanas. If they only ate my mangos that wouldn’t be a problem, but they like to burrow and they undermine the seawalls. We had to put in a footer at the bottom of the seawall because of the damage $$$$$. They will also burrow under foundations, but they haven’t done that yet to the house. The closest they have come is usually up to the tree for the fruit.

20 minutes ago, singinalot said:

That’s strange looking. Around here (more so in central Florida and north) it’s the sink holes that collapse downwards. That looks like someone shoved up the area where the man hole cover is. Gremlins? 😊

• Like 2