Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, derorim said:

Actually, we lost Miss Priss last month, but she had a unique personality and could win any staring contest.  

What a great photo. She has attitude which I love. I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard I know. Thank goodness for photo's.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Well in a nutshell I would say life.  If you ever have concerns with getting addicted to something I would suggest leaving quickly.  Once you get to know this family it’s hard to walk away.

Tomorrow my grandkids and grand puppy will be in my house and will be sleeping over.My daughter told me that the puppy is looking forward to the play date with me ,therefore,I will not be on CC that much.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

been posting on a NYC nostalgia board since 1999.I never sign out there either.However,I do not post there that much.I am addicted to CC.😀

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Bob quit cold turkey, but the addiction is real.

‘As I was responding to the newbie about how addictive this is I hit enter and saw you two talking about the addiction. 😂. We might need to invite some sort of addiction counselor on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

‘As I was responding to the newbie about how addictive this is I hit enter and saw you two talking about the addiction. 😂. We might need to invite some sort of addiction counselor on here.

Only if he or she has an appreciation of good music.😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It's not in your best interest to meet me in person. Around half of the CC gentlemen who have met Bella at our condo are no longer with us. 

Both around your age

Is Bella a wolf in disguise? 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, derorim said:

This is what Miss Priss thinks of National Dog Appreciation Day.  😜  Actually, we lost Miss Priss last month, but she had a unique personality and could win any staring contest.  

20210508_095655.thumb.jpg.682a1800ac48fbbc585d3eafe1114b2e.jpg

Bell can get like that😉

20210826_165741.thumb.jpg.3676232bddcdcc9a00ce864947d38d85.jpg

Though most of her stares look like this

Feed me, human

20210822_130652.thumb.jpg.a9063fbdd89aa828cc46d05178ff06e9.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

As I have posted here numerous times I am dealing with 2 serious medical conditions for which there is no cure.I know that I may be leaving the planet sooner than others my age but I try my best to enjoy life and engage in interesting conversation.My wife once drove 5 hours so that I could meet a CC guy .We went for lunch with him and his wife.I had to bribe her to do this.We arrived at the restaurant at noon and the owner had to “throw “ us out because we were talking non stop for 4 hours.
We became very good friends but unfortunately he and his wife moved to FL at the point when I could no longer travel.

I read a wonderful obit this morning written by the deceased gentleman. 
He talked about the marvelous things that happened to him in 95 years. 
How he met his wife and adored her till her death, then a few years later had the good fortune to suddenly adore an old friend, a widow, and they married. 
He remarked “I have had exceptionally good health all my life, with one notable exception, since you’re reading this”.

He ended with “I depart this life with malice toward none”.

I wish I had known this gentleman!

I read every obituary in our daily paper. 
We’re surrounded by strangers who are each living remarkable lives of their own. 
I am grateful to have been a member of CC for 20 years, and to have had the chance to know you all. 
Lenny, every time you post, you are sharing something of yourself. It’s not the length of a life, it’s what is made of it. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 15

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow my grandkids and grand puppy will be in my house and will be sleeping over.My daughter told me that the puppy is looking forward to the play date with me ,therefore,I will not be on CC that much.

I love having grandkids over. One of the best things.  Saturday, lord willing, all six grandchildren and the rest of the family will be headed to Lake Erie.  Everyone is getting excited but still a bit cautious do to the last planned trip getting canceled a few weeks ago.  So After we make it to Lakeside, I will be on here less for a week.  I wonder if someone will see me going through withdraw symptoms while I am there 😂.

Play some classic rock for the grandkids while they are there.  It may surprise you how much they learn to love it.  I remember several years ago we pulled in the drive.  As I was about to turn off the car my young daughter yelled, don’t turn it off dad!  I asked why and she said, it’s Eric Clapton on the radio dad!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are home after being on P&O Britannia for 4 night's for our 40th wedding anniversary.

We had a fantastic relaxing seacation cruise 

Graham.

IMG_20210825_201621.jpg

IMG_20210825_190257.jpg

IMG_20210824_191814.jpg

IMG_20210824_185535.jpg

IMG_20210823_183855.jpg

IMG-20210822-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

IMG-20210822-WA0002.jpg

IMG_20210824_191820.jpg

Wow, looks like it was a great time.  I am so looking forward to getting back out to sea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somehow, I've been negilent in wishing Happy 40th anniversary to the most handsome,  dashing,  kindest & best dressed couple on CC.

Here is to 40 more Happy years, Graham & Pauline 🥂🎉🎊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HBE4 said:

Somehow, I've been negilent in wishing Happy 40th anniversary to the most handsome,  dashing,  kindest & best dressed couple on CC.

Here is to 40 more Happy years, Graham & Pauline 🥂🎉🎊

Thank you so so much for your really nice words.

I hope you are well and our prayers 🙏 are with your dear wife and yourself.

Sincerely.

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I read a wonderful obit this morning written by the deceased gentleman. 
He talked about the marvelous things that happened to him in 95 years. 
How he met his wife and adored her till her death, then a few years later had the good fortune to suddenly adore an old friend, a widow, and they married. 
He remarked “I have had exceptionally good health all my life, with one notable exception, since you’re reading this”.

He ended with “I depart this life with malice toward none”.

I wish I had known this gentleman!

I read every obituary in our daily paper. 
We’re surrounded by strangers who are each living remarkable lives of their own. 
I am grateful to have been a member of CC for 20 years, and to have had the chance to know you all. 
Lenny, every time you post, you are sharing something of yourself. It’s not the length of a life, it’s what is made of it. 

Yes,that is correct.However,in the past many of my posts have been removed.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love having grandkids over. One of the best things.  Saturday, lord willing, all six grandchildren and the rest of the family will be headed to Lake Erie.  Everyone is getting excited but still a bit cautious do to the last planned trip getting canceled a few weeks ago.  So After we make it to Lakeside, I will be on here less for a week.  I wonder if someone will see me going through withdraw symptoms while I am there 😂.

Play some classic rock for the grandkids while they are there.  It may surprise you how much they learn to love it.  I remember several years ago we pulled in the drive.  As I was about to turn off the car my young daughter yelled, don’t turn it off dad!  I asked why and she said, it’s Eric Clapton on the radio dad!

Whenever my grand kids are in my house they listen to classic rock.At home they do not have the opportunity.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Brilliance for me. I think its from a Thanksgiving cruise out of Tampa 4-5 years ago.

20210826_104438.thumb.jpg.1af164664bc7ce2c6db236fd7aed4d8d.jpg

I have a Serenade and Adventure shirt like that. I think RCI has lately cheapened the quality of the shirts recently. I haven't found any in my last few cruises that I cared to buy.20210826_190220.thumb.jpg.ebee5f08fe2a3b61da5b577687163442.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How very interesting, Harry, thank you for sharing.  Our oldest daughter's husband is a graduate of the Coast Guard Academy...Jen and Tom were married in the chapel at the Academy...beautiful!  Tom and his Wedding Party were all in uniform.  When the married couple emerged from the Church, they walked under all of the raised swords.  Gives me chills just reminiscing about it. Tom was an Officer (and a gentleman..truly!)

I live about 25 minutes from the Academy. 

• Like 1