Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Negative tests back from Walgreens

Harmony on Sunday

How long did it take to get results back?   We are in Clermont for turkey day week, coming back early to get tested on the 26th for our 28th Harmony.   Not sure if we should find a Walgreens in Clermont before we get home, or just use one of our local Walgreens near us when we return on Friday afternoon.  

• Like 1

In the last year I have had both Shingles shots, flu shot, 3 jabs of Moderna...and now my Doc wants me to get a second Pneumonia shot and a Tetanus shot.  

This is my new passport photo:

Found on Bing from www.etsy.com | Pin cushions, Crafts, Fabric crafts

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric got his first shingles shot yesterday and he got a Hello Kitty bandaid 🐱

We bought a box of kids bandaids when my grandkids were young just in case we needed them when they were in our house.Most of the box is still here.I have used them at times.😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

In the last year I have had both Shingles shots, flu shot, 3 jabs of Moderna...and now my Doc wants me to get a second Pneumonia shot and a Tetanus shot.  

Eric is beginning to feel like that too!     he's had 3 pfizer shots, high dose flu, tetanus, 2nd dose of hep A, 1st of shingles, pneumonia and the doc wants him to get the whooping cough shot next -- ugghhh!

I'm starting to wonder how much more and if all these shots in a short period of time are actually good for you.     Seems like a lot to me

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Too funny, Pat!  😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

I know what you mean. Also being stuck and drained for the yearly blood draws. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I know what you mean. Also being stuck and drained for the yearly blood draws. 

Oh that too!!   I go in for blood tests with no veins.  Even though I try to drink lots of water...they have a horrible time trying to find a vein to draw blood from, even with a butterfly needle.  This last time they tried both spots opposite elbows, and the top of both hands.  I was stabbed six times.  They barely got enough to qualify for the tests.  

Guess I am not a good choice for dinner for Vampires.  😮 

6e831-funny-vampire - Mapping Ignorance

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

If I remember correctly, Lenny said he is the same age as Barbara Streisand and will have a big birthday next year.  She is 79.  So Lenny and Barbara will be 80 next year.

Nope,but you are close.What I believe I said is that Barbra lived around the corner from me and her mother wheeled her in a carriage the same time as my mother wheeled me.Perhaps when we were side by side we sang to each other because one of us had a great singing career.

Barbra is older than me.She will be 80 in April .I will be 80 on July 24,2023.I am currently a young 78.In all the years I have posted on CC only one person ever asked my age and I cannot recall if that was on this thread or in an e-mail.

I was shocked to read that George C believes I am 10 years older than him.He and I grew up in Brooklyn and on another CC thread he posted the high school he attended and the year he graduated.I did the same in my post to him.Also surprised by the NY person who thinks I am 84 to 87.People who meet me in person ,on cruises and or every other place or whom I have e-mailed my picture to tell me I look 20 years younger than my age.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank goodness it wasn't real.

Wow Graham, you didn't waste any time getting your shot after just getting back home from Spain.  I hope you won't have any reactions to the booster.

Thank you Maryann.

I got the text inviting me with lots of available times when we were in Spain so I picked the first spot available for when we got home.

Graham.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

LOL!

Ya'll (all the talk about Savannah and river boats is making me type like Paula Deen!) will just have to wait for Lenny to do the reveal.

I did already,Arzeena .You,RJ,Toby and I were on 3 cruises together .I know we never discussed our ages but you really surprised me when you said I am in my 90’s.Are you confusing me with Bob?😀

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@A&L_Ont

Maple Syrup

When I was younger I never acquired a taste for maple syrup, ( Pancakes and French toast with butter was how I enjoyed them) however:

I remember a couple years back having lunch at a small shop at Niagara on the lake and they had Maple Cookies as a dessert option.  OMG, to die for.  They were the best cookies I ever had, well next to my own home made nut keffels.

I am glad the border is open once again, planning a weekend get a way to a "church" near Clifton Hill.

I wonder if they still make those cookies,? and if they do and I find them   it would be a great treat.

Take care

I too never cared for maple syrup until eating maple cookies from a store in Niagara Falls.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh that too!!   I go in for blood tests with no veins.  Even though I try to drink lots of water...they have a horrible time trying to find a vein to draw blood from, even with a butterfly needle.  This last time they tried both spots opposite elbows, and the top of both hands.  I was stabbed six times.  They barely got enough to qualify for the tests.  

Guess I am not a good choice for dinner for Vampires.  😮 

I don't have that problem. If I was a junkie...💉

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nope,but you are close.What I believe I said is that Barbra lived around the corner from me and her mother wheeled her in a carriage the same time as my mother wheeled me.Perhaps when we were side by side we sang to each other because one of us had a great singing career.

Barbra is older than me.She will be 80 in April .I will be 80 on July 24,2023.I am currently a young 78.In all the years I have posted on CC only one person ever asked my age and I cannot recall if that was on this thread or in an e-mail.

I was shocked to read that George C believes I am 10 years older than him.He and I grew up in Brooklyn and on another CC thread he posted the high school he attended and the year he graduated.I did the same in my post to him.Also surprised by the NY person who thinks I am 84 to 87.People who meet me in person ,on cruises and or every other place or whom I have e-mailed my picture to tell me I look 20 years younger than my age.

I am 72 so I was only off 4 years, graduated HS the month I turned 17. Nobody ever guesses my age , still have all my hair very little gray, but mustache is now white .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hope the explanation helped.

Yes, In the National Hockey League, they call that hit Boarding.

It's a 5 minute Major Penalty, meaning the opposing team can score as many times as they can before the player can come out of the Box. He must stay in the box the whole 5 minutes.

So you said Owen's teammate came back to the bench again in the 2nd period...........Did he continue to play after that hit or did the coaches keep he on the sideline for the remainder of the game to just make sure he was actually okay?

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

I have been away from reading this thread for a few days. Lots of things happening!

Mimi- Hoping you are on your way home today and sending good wishes for steady improvement.

Graham- Very good that you and Pauline and the girls had an enjoyable time in Spain. The location looked fabulous!

Wishing Owen a good tournament. Quite the experience for him. 

Good to see you posting, Lenny. Hopefully, your wife gets some answers about the painful legs. Perhaps it is arthritis? I think you mentioned that she is an RN? 

My mother was an RN and certainly put mileage on her legs walking the hospital halls while on duty. Later in life, she experienced a lot of leg pain and back issues.

SingingALot- I always wanted to go n one of those showboats either in Savannah or from New Orleans. Sounds like a fun wedding !

Dani- I am also an only child. But, I have been blessed with three close friends from HS. We are more sisters than friends.Each of them have no sisters, but they have brothers. Sometimes friends are our chosen family.

As for me and my DH, we got the Moderna booster yesterday. Sore arms today,but no other reactions.. We went to lunch at a diner we used to frequent pre Covid. Our waitress was one who often served us. We were very happy to see each other after being away for almost two years !

This week we are taking a cruise !

Really, we are getting a ferry from Port Jefferson to Connecticut to visit a friend. No matter that it is a ferry, we will be glad to be on the water,going somewhere !

To all the other posters here- I hope that you are feeling safe and loved today !

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

Yes,my wife was an RN ,technically she still is as she still has her license.

I too am an only child.When I was 6 years old I became friends with another only child,We were like brothers,We had a friendship of 71 years.We spoke by phone at least once a week and never had an argument.We saw each other socially as often as possible.He got married at age 66 for the very first time.He met a wonderful woman and she and I and my wife became great friends.

Aside from my friendship with him we worked together for 2 years.

Aside from a brief hospitalization in 1961 he was never sick except for colds.

He died in April 2020 from Covid.His wife and I speak every few weeks.

He was blessed to have a wonderful step-daughter.She ,her husband and her children loved him dearly.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric is beginning to feel like that too!     he's had 3 pfizer shots, high dose flu, tetanus, 2nd dose of hep A, 1st of shingles, pneumonia and the doc wants him to get the whooping cough shot next -- ugghhh!

I'm starting to wonder how much more and if all these shots in a short period of time are actually good for you.     Seems like a lot to me

On Monday I am going to my dentist and on the way home I am getting the booster shot.It will be a fun day.

• Like 4