Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 2/8/2022 at 9:13 PM, sgmn said:

@aussielozzie18

Saw on today's online news that Australia is opening for fully vaxxed tourists later this month. Great news, hopefully it goes well and we can get our visit in later this year.

Also hope it means that cruise ships will start again for you guys soon

Hi Sue.  Yep, we open up for the double vaxxed on the 21st. Some states may ask for booster too (still being discussed) and  Western Australia may not open just yet but good news finally for many including you.  Our dog is going to love it, we are under one of the flight paths and he chases the planes from one end of the garden to the other as they fly overhead. Lol. Cruising - fingers crossed for a summer season starting this year in September - but it’s still very much a waiting game atm.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Its 4am. I only doze about 2-3 hours at a time before the nurse comes in for vitals and pain meds.

A872B72A-CCEE-4C53-9A4C-73A2623E8C61.thumb.jpeg.a3ac0b627debf6ec16b912dcaae57e0d.jpeg

D45C6BF9-2820-431D-88BA-B2323C1D9826.thumb.jpeg.5f8b64eb33a7ce0663de20e7a316c373.jpeg

knee is doing pretty well. Blue wrap is the cold therapy machine. Needs ice every 4 hours.

Tramadol pills were taken for pain. Going to try and sleep now. Tomorrow will be action packed with two physical therapy sessions.

I hope this is not too boring to people.  I’d rather be talking cruise ships. If anyone wants me to quit hogging the screen let me know. Linda says when I get drunk I get real happy chatty, no different with the pain meds  so forgive me for my finger saga of the Sea Dog knee.

Pleased to hear you seem well after your op Greg.

Good luck with the physical therapy sessions.

Graham.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We gave ours pumpkin at both feeds. We also added a tablespoon of vanilla yogurt. That also helped with tummy issues.

Thanks, I’ll try the yogurt as well.  Right now the vet suggested splitting his feeding to three times a day to limit the amount of food trying to be digested at the time.  Also giving him probiotic treats.  

• Like 3

Photos from our Sunday walk.  Nice loop walk from Wynyard to Barangaroo restaurant precinct, along the water to Barangaroo Reserve, past the fingers wharves at The Rocks, under the Harbour Bridge to Circular Quay where we hopped on the light rail for a short trip back to Wynyard.  Was admiring the blossoms as we were walking home and this little guy popped up.

26AB4819-E14A-42B1-89F7-D786DBB9B528.jpeg

BB3131A4-EE33-44BF-AE3E-AFB117594260.jpeg

133D5FA0-E042-4E86-A80E-AA01BC2CDE19.jpeg

6C3A1C9E-D045-4C8F-A940-3A814C8F2BA8.jpeg

• Like 22

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Oliver has you well-trained!

About ten years ago, I was at a pet store with my (now gone) black Lab, Romeo.  We went through the store, got what we needed, and checked out at the register.  As I started to walk away, Romeo was just sitting there, staring at the cashier.  

Now, Romey was my "velcro dog" -- always at my side -- so I didn't know why he didn't walk away when I did.  Then it hit me. 

I told the cashier, "You didn't give him his treat yet."  She reached into the cookie bowl and handed him a treat, and then he got up and walked away with me, chewing as he walked. Never underestimate the value of a cookie.

Sounds like Romey had you well trained as well. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Yeah, he is constantly surprising me.  His previous owners did a great job training him.  I just wish I knew what they fed him.  I’ve had him since October and I still haven’t found the type of dog food that agrees with him yet.  I figured out to stay away from anything with chicken in it.  He did better with salmon and rice, but still messy. Sensitive stomach food potato and egg didn’t do much better.  Currently on grain free salmon and pea with a table spoon of pumpkin, so far so good.  

We gave our dog raw dog food for the last few years of her life.  I don't know if it would help with your dog's issues, but we're convinced that it gave Scarlett and extra year or more.  She also loved it.  Chowed down every bit.  We used the Sojo's brand but there are a lot of raw dog foods out there and I don't know if Sojo's is any better than the others.  We had a great pet food store with a large variety of food in stock and a very knowledgeable owner.  He recommended it for our situation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

She is going to  check on it tomorrow, there are a few other's like her working from out of state.

I believe she has both state and federal taken out of her check, not sure why though, will have  to follow up with this with her  employer

Could it be Virginia state taxes?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We gave our dog raw dog food for the last few years of her life.  I don't know if it would help with your dog's issues, but we're convinced that it gave Scarlett and extra year or more.  She also loved it.  Chowed down every bit.  We used the Sojo's brand but there are a lot of raw dog foods out there and I don't know if Sojo's is any better than the others.  We had a great pet food store with a large variety of food in stock and a very knowledgeable owner.  He recommended it for our situation.

Thanks, I’ll do some research on that.  Oliver is four and a half.  Otherwise very healthy, it’s just the very loose stools about half the time.  He has never thrown up.   Luckily he only had one accident inside the house.  His second night with me.  

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If you have any experience with frozen pizza, I’m looking for recommendations!  I prefer a thin crust pizza.  Our previous oven…old age…couldn’t get it hot enough to cook pizza…now with a new oven I’m ready to enjoy pizza again!!!

I like the Palermo Thin Crust Pizza.  I stick up on them when Publix have them BOGO Free.  I’ll put the pizza pan in the oven while it preheats.  Then when I put the pizza on it it gives it a nice crisp crust.
7760468A-25D2-4564-8542-A3A1A1D8F974.thumb.webp.8bbc65a066bba93725ee0bb8c5e602f5.webp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Greg’s bottle reminds me of the time my daughter tried to convince me to spend NYE in Times Square waiting for the ball drop.  I gave her a hard no. Explained I had no desire to spend hours and hours in a pen frozen and not going to use a sheewee.  “Eeew Mum”

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Greg’s bottle reminds me of the time my daughter tried to convince me to spend NYE in Times Square waiting for the ball drop.  I gave her a hard no. Explained I had no desire to spend hours and hours in a pen frozen and not going to use a sheewee.  “Eeew Mum”

I am with you on that.  Not going to wear an adult diaper standing around freezing and peeing.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog such a cute photo and bladder issues  is something you share in common right now - hopefully yours resolve itself soon

2F5C6F6B-9E82-4F0C-A534-5394FC9653C7.jpeg

Yes this Sea Dog was a bad boy last night. He did dribble onto the floor in the bathroom. “Bad Sea Dog….Bad Sea Dog….No treat for you.!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm sure that they miss you for more than just treats.  They probably also miss using you as a bed.  😁  I'm sure they will go crazy seeing you when you get home.

I know they will but just don’t jump on the leg if you don’t want to hear a large yell “Yeeeeooooowwwww”! 😮

47 minutes ago, Keksie said:

@Sea Dog Samantha wishes you a speedy recovery.

369758292_Samantha3.thumb.jpeg.dd2b285f0b8bd2422bf4c155ad3fcda2.jpeg

Give  her a hug from me. This Sea dog loves cats especially beautiful ones like Samantha and that beautiful tail.

36 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Never understood why anyone would want to go there and stand for hours with out going to the bathroom. I bet cleanup the next day is gross.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If you have any experience with frozen pizza, I’m looking for recommendations!  I prefer a thin crust pizza.  Our previous oven…old age…couldn’t get it hot enough to cook pizza…now with a new oven I’m ready to enjoy pizza again!!!

If Urban Pie is available, give it a try. Whole Foods and Sprouts carry it. 
They have one with fresh Mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and basil that is sooo good!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Its 4am. I only doze about 2-3 hours at a time before the nurse comes in for vitals and pain meds.

A872B72A-CCEE-4C53-9A4C-73A2623E8C61.thumb.jpeg.a3ac0b627debf6ec16b912dcaae57e0d.jpeg

D45C6BF9-2820-431D-88BA-B2323C1D9826.thumb.jpeg.5f8b64eb33a7ce0663de20e7a316c373.jpeg

knee is doing pretty well. Blue wrap is the cold therapy machine. Needs ice every 4 hours.

Tramadol pills were taken for pain. Going to try and sleep now. Tomorrow will be action packed with two physical therapy sessions.

I hope this is not too boring to people.  I’d rather be talking cruise ships. If anyone wants me to quit hogging the screen let me know. Linda says when I get drunk I get real happy chatty, no different with the pain meds  so forgive me for my finger saga of the Sea Dog knee.

So glad to hear from you and that all is going well.  I forgot they never let you sleep in a hospital.   I'm impressed with your typing skills while medicated on pain pills.   Keep up with the happy chatter.  💕

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric always gets constipated whenever he takes Oxy.  The last time he had for his broken arm/shoulder he didnt go for over a week.    

My mom takes a combination of oxy and morphine for her chronic pain, I find that giving her a half a dose of miralax each evening does the trick for her.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes this Sea Dog was a bad boy last night. He did dribble onto the floor in the bathroom. “Bad Sea Dog….Bad Sea Dog….No treat for you.!

Pain pills and little sleep is funny humor!  Thankful all is going well.
Times when I have been in I try to enjoy the morphine drip.  Even though it only gives you so much, I keep pushing the button.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I know they will but just don’t jump on the leg if you don’t want to hear a large yell “Yeeeeooooowwwww”! 😮

I had a beagle I adopted from a shelter in Atlanta.  I used to take him to visit my mother who was having chemo treatments.  As she got weaker he could absolutely sense what was going on…(perhaps sense of smell?) and he would adjust his jump up onto her bed.  He would jump up so gently without jostling her at all.

• Like 7